Has anyone else noticed how Skoda seem to lower their cars in some marketing photos?

Nick P

Before you try and argue different wheels, maybe it has optional sports suspension. Take it from someone who's messed about with wheels and suspension on Skodas a fair bit, that wouldn't make anything like that amount of difference. I'm betting photoshop. And I think it's an admission that the standard stance is unacceptable, even to Skoda's marketing people. :D

It's false advertising though really.

I can't say you're not right, but I think that a bit of "tweaking" of reality is inevitable in marketing. I mean - can you imagine an iPhone ad with all the smudges that occupy the screen all the time? :)

I'd say Photoshop rather than any mechanical upgrade. The wheels on that silver Octavia are quite a bit larger than the blue.

Yes I think you're right. Easier to stretch the wheels in the arches than to do anything clever. Those wheels look huge now I see it.

http://www.psdisasters.com/

It's always gone on, I had a 1933 Chrysler, which had publicity photos taken where if you looked carefully you could see the chain on the chassis centre brace pulling the car down on to an eyebolt set in concrete on the floor. No photoshop in 1933.

Rapid one looks awesome and how I want mine eventually - currently has same wheels as top photo and can get 4 fingers in the hole.

I agree and think that with a bit of clever fettling and a few subtle mods the Rapid could look really nice.