Maidstone Meet July 2013

lfc958

I shall most likely be there, may not have time for a meal but certainly a beer and a good chat.

I need to see Bossfox and Gizmo as well - juggling time with baby/wife and may not even have the car if its in for repair... busy busy busy

:hi: Looks like there is going to be a crowd on the 6th it will be good to meet all you petrol heads. Hope you dont mind a geratric old git and his lady with a Roomster coming and mixing with the VRS boys. But I have got to admit the Roomster is the best dam car we have ever had :rofl:

Hells bells Mike, sorry to hear that. :(

Oh Well, looks like 3 banana is having a few slip ups :giggle: :peek:

Unfortunately Mike it does appear that your car is jinxed! Best of luck with it mate!

No worries girls, I'll get there in the end, image below taken early saturday morning when we met up with the cars for the very first time since collecting the chassis back in 2010. This was taken when we both were naively thinking we were going to have an awesome day, and were just starting out. broken throttle cable, driveshaft, cycle wings, loose lobro joints and chassis damage followed in no particular order on no particular car. The cars got a little attention being understated as they are, one is a sight but two....when both were on full chat.. well, what a scream..shame it didn't last.

9176492939_7e913b57d9_c.jpg

This is part of Kit Car ownersip isnt it? :giggle:

Sorry to hear and see the damage, is that by the Gearbox mount?? the new 'Stronger' gearbox??

Off for an extra brace across that bar, A good deep weld you will back out in the beast in no time.

im sure the driving time you get out of it really do make up for the 'Problems' :rock:

:hi: Looks like there is going to be a crowd on the 6th it will be good to meet all you petrol heads. Hope you dont mind a geratric old git and his lady with a Roomster coming and mixing with the VRS boys. But I have got to admit the Roomster is the best dam car we have ever had :rofl:

Sorry to disappoint you Alex, but there are quite a few who will be there that are actually "Devil's fuel heads" :devil:  :thumbup: .......... They pretend to be petrol heads, but they do stop at the wrong pump when it comes to filling up time :giggle:

And it won't only be a car park full of vRS Fab's and Octi's - Depending who turns up, and what they turn up in, there is the odd CitiGo, Superb, Nissan GTR, Kia Rio (have you brought it to a meet Chris?), VW Jetta, Audi TT, Audi Q5 and Beryl.........

J

Sorry to disappoint you Alex, but there are quite a few who will be there that are actually "Devil's fuel heads" :devil:  :thumbup: .......... They pretend to be petrol heads, but they do stop at the wrong pump when it comes to filling up time :giggle:

And it won't only be a car park full of vRS Fab's and Octi's - Depending who turns up, and what they turn up in, there is the odd CitiGo, Superb, Nissan GTR, Kia Rio (have you brought it to a meet Chris?), VW Jetta, Audi TT, Audi Q5 and Beryl.........

J

And proberbly a mk1 Octy est 90bhp tdi.

• Like 1

Looks like we are going to have a stonking nice day, might try & get there for around 7 & sit outside in the sun ( if it arrives) with a drinkypoos :D

Looks like we are going to have a stonking nice day, might try & get there for around 7 & sit outside in the sun ( if it arrives) with a drinkypoos :D

Sounds like a plan. :)

unfortunately my girlfriend came home yesterday proudly clutching a pair of tickets to the hastings beer festival for saturday night. I didn't have the heart to tell her I had already booked in this meet. However blessed be the peacekeeper; I shall be succumbing to her demands and will attend the beer festival.

count me in on next months meet.

Chris GB, I going to post something else in maintenance and troubleshooting on mr2roc, you may be able to help me still.

I shall be there earlier for drinks (7pm) with vrsrs as got to get back to the wife and baby early ish that evening - don't know what Robs excuse is for leaving early though lol :)

This ^^^^^^^ sounds like a plan with no obvious drawbacks or pitfalls :) :)

I'll have the drinkys and leave the poos to you Steve ;)

• Like 1

No GT-R tomorrow, Nissan are still in the process of fixing the bellhousing issue.

So will probably be in Yet1.

Can always go roofless in the quiet car. I love the feel of the wind in my hair. Oh wait....

• Like 2