White worm

Sanqhar

Both mine are wormed.

Hopefully they "warranty" person is there this w/e.

So far i've had two aborted attempts to sort it out.

Amazes me only one person can take photos at the local dealership...

My rear badge was replaced under warranty without me asking for it to be changed, all happened in the first service last September. :)

Oh, and I've changed my signature again. :D

• Like 1

Just the front one on mine is starting to worm from the edge.

Its on the chrome so it's not obvious until it reaches the black part. 18 months warranty left.

Yes, had one under warranty - even though it didn't need it - they just did it anyway.............................and now the new one has it, but I'm sure they'd change it if I asked. It's going in tomorrow for thew DSG adaptions, I'll report back.

As I recently posted, all was revealed when I changed my Fabia badges - 'MADE IN ITALY!' on the back.

made in Czech Republic is clearly so much better.

• Like 1

Yes, had one under warranty - even though it didn't need it - they just did it anyway.............................and now the new one has it, but I'm sure they'd change it if I asked. It's going in tomorrow for thew DSG adaptions, I'll report back.

Car went in for DSG adaption today and they changed the rear badge whilst it was in, no hassle at all. It needs a new timing chain too, according to the diagnostic machine... (is it a chain or a belt???) Booked in for next week to have that done.

The car went in for its first service recently and they changed the rear badge without me asking, I enquired about the front badge and was told it was from a different manufacturer and wasn't included in the Skoda directive. It was not until later I looked at the front badge.................

Car went in for DSG adaption today and they changed the rear badge whilst it was in, no hassle at all. It needs a new timing chain too, according to the diagnostic machine... (is it a chain or a belt???) Booked in for next week to have that done.

1.2 is chain

1.2 is chain

Thanks. Apparently the two sensors (one of which was the crankshaft one and the other one I've forgotten) which they checked showed a minor difference thus suggesting that the chain has stretched and they're changing it next week.

Rear badge now sans white worm (but for how long we ask?)

The other one is the cam shaft sensor. They are used together for the ignition and injection timing. The time variance between the two the ECU can calculate timing chain slack.

The other one is the cam shaft sensor. They are used together for the ignition and injection timing. The time variance between the two the ECU can calculate timing chain slack.

Yes, that rings a bell and ties in exactly with what I was told (but was too thick to retain). Why would it stretch after less than 10k miles, I wonder....and if it was out of warranty presumably I'd be liable for it. Wonder how much that would be?

Excellent service from the dealer, I'm pleased to say. And am still really happy with the car and still wouldn't know what to swap it for. Does everything I want it to. If only I did 50k miles a year and lived up a forest track, I'd be able to justify buying a diesel 4x4 one.

Edited by oldstan

Oldstan, premature cam chain wear can often be attributed to a faulty or sticking cam chain tensioner. Both would be changed if this was the case. It might of course just have been a rogue chain.

Edited by Hairball

i have white worm on

Front and rear badges also on the wheel cap covers and the Steering wheel badge anybody had any luck getting any other of the badges changed under warranty.

Edited by Yetigreenline2

If you base your time taking the car back (twice) to have it looked and then changed even under warranty, it is cheaper for the front badge to buy the Citigo one which can be bought as a genuine part on ebay. This will not get white worm as they are chromed ABS plastic. You get the modern appearance as well. On the back I have covered mine with a SuperSkoda one

med_gallery_21358_794_133049.jpggallery_21358_794_23790.jpg

If you base your time taking the car back (twice) to have it looked and then changed even under warranty, it is cheaper for the front badge to buy the Citigo one which can be bought as a genuine part on ebay. This will not get white worm as they are chromed ABS plastic. You get the modern appearance as well. On the back I have covered mine with a SuperSkoda one

Am just about to do the same with mine - the new badges arrived in the post this morning (and some matching stick-on centres for the wheels).

• Like 1

I have 'white worm' on my rear badge, but also there are what looks like rust spots on the side chrome strips (on the door panels, not the window surround chrome). Couple of questions

If they replace the badge(s) under warranty do they replace with the same kind - I hate the Vauxhall look of the new black and white badges.

And has anyone had the strips done under warranty (seems like they're made from the same rubbish as the badges)?

Edited by Yearofthegoat

My badges have now both been replaced. The rear one was done on recall 12 months ago and the front one done this week. Both were replaced like for like.

Fred

• 4 months later...

Just had my 2nd service today, I just asked them to check the badges because they were just starting to show white marks on the very edges. The garage replaced them both under warranty. :)

also might be getting the wheel centres changed but they had no stock so got to wait.