Hybrid.

your £12-1300 turbo and map isn't going to see 230bhp and that £300 map will be a slightly tweaked (if you're lucky) generic map uploaded by a monkey with a flashing tool. you say the 4 BAR MAP sensor isn't needed but I was running about 30 PSI with my hybrid, which when you add the 1ish BAR of atmospheric pressure of getting outside the scope of what a 3 BAR sensor can measure, is it not? the 'budget' kit isn't a 2260, it spools at (least as?) well/quickly as a hybrid turbo

My £900 turbo and £300 map sees a reliable 220bhp and has been for 2 years now while running a conservative map. I also am running the original map sensor (3 BAR I assume?) with no issues at that power, but I'm running less than 30psi.

I'm not knocking the kit per per se, I just think for 230bhp a decent hybrid will do the same for less money/more drivability. Personally, if/when my hybrid gives up the ghost I'll be going down the GTB route no doubt, pending looking at some more graphs and going for a spin/passenger ride in one, I am seriously interested in how they go.

Been looking into this, where's the best place to buy a new 150 hybrid, lots of sites to get them from with lots of different 'claimed' power/torque, what's everyone on here running?

Hybrid = 220hp, if you want to go further than this then the GTB route may be more suitable.

Buy from reputable companies with the correct knowledge. Beware of overly cheap turbo's.

Ant ;)

• Like 1

My £900 turbo and £300 map sees a reliable 220bhp and has been for 2 years now while running a conservative map. I also am running the original map sensor (3 BAR I assume?) with no issues at that power, but I'm running less than 30psi.

I'm not knocking the kit per per se, I just think for 230bhp a decent hybrid will do the same for less money/more drivability. Personally, if/when my hybrid gives up the ghost I'll be going down the GTB route no doubt, pending looking at some more graphs and going for a spin/passenger ride in one, I am seriously interested in how they go.

I'm interested to know why you think a hybrid is more drivable than the Darkside budget kit?

I found very little difference going from the standard turbo to the GTB1756. I can cruise along quite happily at sub 1500rpm without a problem...

I wish I had a dyno graph to post up.

• Like 2

Ask Alex about his Dan, and get some feedback from him. I'm sure he will let you have a go in his to get a feel for it ;)

More than welcome to Dan. You'll have to remember that mine is capped until I get the FMIC & clutch sorted though....

Not yet haha, haven't advertised it. Haven't ridden it since maybe last September :( something is stopping me from selling though!

Seriously lad, how have you not been on it yet in this weather?!!! Perfect biking weather! Get on it and DO NOT SELL IT!!!! ;-)

More than welcome to Dan. You'll have to remember that mine is capped until I get the FMIC & clutch sorted though....

Seriously lad, how have you not been on it yet in this weather?!!! Perfect biking weather! Get on it and DO NOT SELL IT!!!! ;-)

We'll have to meet up mate :)

I know, I'm shocking. It's a bit difficult recently as I'm super busy and live between 3 houses. Bike isn't as easy as my suit case to throw in the back of the car :(

so I was right about the numbers :p

I have got to say through if your running 230 bhp and still on standerd injectors dam that would be one smoky car you wouldn't be even able to use the power :p

Nope, all depends on the mapping.

Yes 250bhp is on stock injectors but reliability o the injectors is lowerd loads I wouldn't trust my injectors running at max alot of things can do certain powers but when power starts to push things to there max I'd always advise upgrading and I'd always upgrade my self

I'm interested to know why you think a hybrid is more drivable than the Darkside budget kit?

I found very little difference going from the standard turbo to the GTB1756. I can cruise along quite happily at sub 1500rpm without a problem...

I wish I had a dyno graph to post up.

Are you coming to the mega meet Joe? Will be great to go for a little spin in your car to compare the differences in power delivery :)

I was just pointing out that 250+ is possible on stock injectors. I agree about pushing components to their absolute limit.

That said, Bossfox's old Fabia had a fair old bit of trackday action and is still running nicely. Jabbasport wouldn't produce these cars if they weren't reliable.

I would like to do Croft next - did an experience day there a while ago and really like the track - would be nice to take my own car round.
I really enjoyed it, killed my tyres mind but the track was great, really open so you can see what you're doing.

Are you coming to the mega meet Joe? Will be great to go for a little spin in your car to compare the differences in power delivery :)

Sadly not :sweat: I'm doing the Adidas Thunder Run that day.

Thought 220 was around the max mark for the injectors? Running a hybrid and all the extras at the mo and its about 200-210 and It will do more but without a decent diff I think 230+ is wasted really and reliability is a big issue (speaking from experience as I had a generic map and a few other mods and I had total engine failure) hybrids all the way

I was just pointing out that 250+ is possible on stock injectors. I agree about pushing components to their absolute limit.

That said, Bossfox's old Fabia had a fair old bit of trackday action and is still running nicely. Jabbasport wouldn't produce these cars if they weren't reliable.

I'm sure that car had plenty of track action, but it did very little mileage from my recollection. I'm pretty sure it only did a few thousand miles. I do 800-1000 miles per week. That tends to show up poor reliability!

I'm sure that car had plenty of track action, but it did very little mileage from my recollection. I'm pretty sure it only did a few thousand miles. I do 800-1000 miles per week. That tends to show up poor reliability!

I have done 10,000 in the car now (use it on a daily basis) and a track day and its running perfectly. Clarkey's is the same spec and he has done a lot more miles than me.