How to get 'Think Blue Trainer' for Citigo & Mii...

pixel_viking

OK, so here goes... (this will add THINK BLUE TRAINER from the VW PID unit by letting you tell your Citigo unit, that it is a VW unit - no worry, the design is otherwise close to identical).

1. Connect the PID to your PC.

2. Open the 'Navigon' drive.

3. Create a new text file named branddevice.reg (If your folder doesn't show file extensions (the .xxx after the file name), you will have to uncheck the 'hide extensions for known file types' in 'Folder Options' to see the .xxx file extensions in your folder - in Win7 just click the windows button in the bottom left corner and search for 'folder options' - it will show up - then just click the search result - example below). When extensions are shown, make sure the name is branddevice.reg and not branddevice.reg.txt - this is important. Just rename it if need be (choose yes if it tells you that the file might not be usable when saving).

winext-vista.gif

4. Open the folder 'VwBrandDevice' and then open the folder 'Settings', find the file 'UserSettingsDevMode.default'. Open that file with Notepad and change <active>0</active> to <active>1</active> and save the file.

Now just disconnect the PID - the unit will restart and give you a prompt were you can choose which car you have - choose Volkswagen. 3 questions will follow about your car but they are easy - the last one is about 'audio system' (I believe I chose yes and then 'other' from the list).

I have tested it in my Citigo and it works great. It will start up with the VW screen but everything is pretty much the same design as we know from the Citigo - but now you also have the THINK BLUE TRAINER behind the 'Car' button on the home screen...

Happy hacking - and don't blame me if something blows up :)

Edited by pixel_viking
  • Like 1

What does the "Think Blue Trainer" do?

Tells you how economically you are driving... the more blue rings the better - gear shifts and general fuel economy.

Edited by pixel_viking
  • Like 1

You can get rid of the VW logo and replace it with the Skoda logo for the splash screen.

BACK UP THE PID FIRST, just in case.

IIRC plug the PiD into computer and search for the Splash Screen folder.

Open it and delete the VW.img file and copy and paste the skoda.img file in its place.

A pixel said...don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

The reason for me not having data in the centre ring is apparently that I coded my car to show the Danish KM/L (kilometres per litre) in stead of the German L/100KM (litres per 100 kilometres).

So you guys should be OK and have data there too...

I connected mine to the PC today and started Navigon Fresh.

It shows up as a VW Maps & More and asks to be registered, which of course means that you have to restore it (back to a Citigo version with a backup file made earlier) before you can update the maps that you already purchased.

I guess, this hack is best to do before you register the unit and before you buy any maps.

For me, I'll have to restore before I can update my maps and then have to hack it again.

This will probably be a pain to do for most, so use this hack only if you haven't purchased any maps or other updates for your unit.

I'll play around a bit more and see what can be done to ease the pain - if anything.

Can you select mpg instead of litres?

I guess the software doesn't show km/l but only l/100km (and most probably mpg uk).

It's an issue for all Danish VW owners as well (if they coded it to show km/l), so not just a problem for me as a Citigo owner with a hacked version...

OK, so I'm an incredible hacker :D didn't know I had it in me...

The branddevice.reg file is deleted automatically after first hack, so just add the file again and restart the unit - choose Skoda as your car and answer the 4 questions.

Power the unit on and let it start up as a Citigo version and Navigon Fresh is back online with a registered unit that can be updated with any new maps - VOILA...

Can you update your first post them to reflect new step by step instructions please

I no longer have an edit button. Maybe because I already edited it once...

But it's still correct. Only difference / addition is that you need to revert to Skoda to update maps (if you already purchased updates) and then revert back to VW again. This is done by just adding the branddevice.reg file again and disconnect the unit - then power it on (with the power button on top of the unit) and the prompt to choose car brand will show up again.