Yellow bulbs

mdon

Hi,

I'm after some yellow fog light bulbs, I'm feeling a bit retro and as I can remember several cars having yellow fogs (last one was my granddads 1999 Hyundai accent sport). so basically I've searched for them but can't seem to find any, halfords only have white or blue, does anyone know where to get them? I have thought about tinting the fog lenses however I don't really want to do that, I just want them yellow when they are actually on.

Cheers.

You can't get them because no one wants them :giggle:

You're probably right, I just want something different to the **** blue ones everyone has.

they are available, Grrr666 had some on his old vRS, I saw some online a few months back but never ordered any as I was happy with the Lamin-X (gen stuff) I may have the site bookmarked on another PC, I'll get back to you. What fitment BTW?

Osram all season super are plus 30% bulbs so will have more oomph

that a standard white bulb whatever the requirement.

Was hunting around for some last night and had trouble finding the OP

a link. Maybe discontinued? I'll keep looking.

The fogs are H3 aren't they? Can't remember for sure.

Cheers all, I don't know what figment they are to be honest, I'll have to take one out. It's a Mazda 6 2009 plate. I've found a manufacturer called Hellna?(I think that's how it's spelt) but they are all in the US, I always thought you could get them in the UK but prehaps not by the looks of it.

Edited by mdon

^^ Yeah, I got some from Powerbulbs for my Fabia a while ago

but they aren't readily available over here any more it seems.

I've spent too much of my time today looking for some.

Maybe buying direct from osram is a possibility if they still manufacture them.

So many dodgy copies out there. If they aren't made in Germany I wouldn't touch them.

Your fog light fitment is H11 on that car. (According to powerbulbs)

So that should at least save you 1 job.

Cheers, I checked them along with auto bulbs direct and halfords, halfords said H3 according to my reg and the other two said H11. After checking the owners manual they are H11 fittments. Just goes to show how useless halfords are!

I've found some on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRENCH-YELLOW-BULBS-H11-711-55W-55-WATT-HEADLIGHTS-FOGLIGHTS-HIGH-BEAM-LIGHTS-/370618430159 do you think they'll be ok?

Well, they are made in Europe which is certainly a better bet than them being

Eastern manufactured. The price is reasonable, and they should be here within a week

if they are coming from the fatherland. Only issue is the seller is away until the 24th.

Would I buy them? Yes, I would but then again, I'm not famous for spending money wisely :rofl:

I've just bought 4 new tyres for the other halves car when all the ones on there

are 5mm or more. But one is not the same make as the other three and one of the three

matching ones has a slow puncture. So essentially I've blown best part of 300quid in the name of

symmetry LOL

Well, they are made in Europe which is certainly a better bet than them being

Eastern manufactured. The price is reasonable, and they should be here within a week

if they are coming from the fatherland. Only issue is the seller is away until the 24th.

Would I buy them? Yes, I would but then again, I'm not famous for spending money wisely :rofl:

I've just bought 4 new tyres for the other halves car when all the ones on there

are 5mm or more. But one is not the same make as the other three and one of the three

matching ones has a slow puncture. So essentially I've blown best part of 300quid in the name of

symmetry LOL

Ha ha, if you speak to my wife shell say I'm not so good with money! :/

They're ordered, can wait to see what they look like when fitted (probably sh*te but who cares!)

• Like 1

Could you not just get some yellow bulb paint??

I did that with my mk3 golf fogs.

I tried finding some but didn't know what sort to get. That's the reserve plan if the bulbs are rubbish!

You're probably right, I just want something different to the **** blue ones everyone has.

Blue fog-light bulbs?

Mine are standard OEM, so halogen white-ish. Any other colour would be a reduction in light output and effectiveness.

• Like 1

Blue fog-light bulbs?

Mine are standard OEM, so halogen white-ish. Any other colour would be a reduction in light output and effectiveness.

Yeah, lots of boy racer idiots have blue or pink fogs and mains.

Yellow is supposed to make things sharper hence why lots of shooting glasses are yellow. I'll be honest, I've never noticed and difference and I just want them to look different and a bit retro.