Rear wheel arch liners?

Owens

Whilst trawling through the Seat/VW UP forums for coding help I came across a reference to the UP having rear wheel arch liners. Searching on ETKA I found the following parts to fit the liners (2012-2014 models the same).

However I am not sure if they would fit a Citigo but would think there could not be much difference? The cost was put at around 60 Euros?

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic left rear 1S0 810 971

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic right rear 1S0 810 972

8 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01

12 x Expanding nut 4,8 N 908 338 01

36 x Hex soc head panel bolt N 909 747 01

8 x Insert Nut 811 807 577 C

Quantities are to do both sides of the car

Sounds very interesting and useful. A Polish guy on the VW up! forums has just posted this info too but it's great to hear that they can (maybe) be bought here in the UK. His part numbers for the liners (copied and pasted below) were exactly the same but your info with all the necessary fittings is fantastic. Thank you Owens.

1S0810971

1S0810972

I found out the prices for the housings as below

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic left rear 1S0 810 971 £22.69 + Vat or 27.23 inc

1 x Wheel housing liner plastic right rear 1S0 810 972 £22.69 + Vat or 27.23 inc

Not sure about drilling. A quick look did not show up many places to locate the liner. Although they may be covered up with the seam sealer gunge.

Here is the link http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/rear-wheel-arches-now-availible_topic3893.html

From the site it looks like there are small stickers over the holes which are already on the car?

Looks like the complete kit would be around £60.

I'm going to order the kit (parts) and have a go. I would doubt they would drill during the build and looking at the info on the UP forum there should be discs under the under seal that are for the holes.

I now have two projects for my upcoming holiday boot lights and rear arch liners. However, the better half has demanded I do some DIY and spent more time with her on days out. HELLLLLLLLLLP !!!!!!!!!!

It looks like I doubled up the amount of screws and inserts to fit the liners so here is an update

4 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01

6 x Expanding nut 4,8 N 908 338 01

18 x Hex soc head panel bolt N 909 747 01

4 x Insert Nut 811 807 577 C

Edited by Owens

I'll have a go at ordering the parts this weekend. Reading the thread it would seem that "discs" cover the already made holes. Though it might be worth a look before I order.

Ditto I've got the boot light plan, it's on my list of to do things.

I have taken a few pictures but can't make out the holes. I'm hoping that a dry fit of the linings will show them up.

Thank you both for being our guinea pigs. I wonder if they really have to all be ordered separately or if they might come in a complete rear kit, like the front or rear mudflaps.

Hopefully no holes would have to be drilled because that would be a real rust inducer. I wouldn't fancy drilling a hole then finding that the drill bit had gone right through a piece of trim inside. :blush:

Parts ordered and should be instock for Tuesday (if the arches are in stock) will try and come up with some instructions on fitting

• Like 1

Thank you both for being our guinea pigs. I wonder if they really have to all be ordered separately or if they might come in a complete rear kit, like the front or rear mudflaps.

Hopefully no holes would have to be drilled because that would be a real rust inducer. I wouldn't fancy drilling a hole then finding that the drill bit had gone right through a piece of trim inside. :blush:

Or a fuel tank...........!!

This polish guy its me. :giggle:

I've just mounted wheel arch liners in my up!

You don't need to drill any holes they alredy in the body. The only thing is find them. Factory hiding it behind small stickers an painted.

Cheers Ghost2255,

Glad to hear they fit especially as I have just ordered a set. I look forward to playing hunt the hole. Do you have any pictures of the holes and fittings?

PS

Your English is better than my Polish

Edited by Owens

Whilst trawling through the Seat/VW UP forums for coding help I came across a reference to the UP having rear wheel arch liners. Searching on ETKA I found the following parts to fit the liners (2012-2014 models the same).

However I am not sure if they would fit a Citigo but would think there could not be much difference? The cost was put at around 60 Euros?

8 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01

12 x Expanding nut 4,8 N 908 338 01

36 x Hex soc head panel bolt N 909 747 01

8 x Insert Nut 811 807 577 C

Quantities are to do both sides of the car

12 x Expanding nut 4,8 N 908 338 01 (I used only 10)

8 x Insert Nut 811 807 577 C (I used only 4)

36 x Hex soc head panel bolt N 909 747 01 (I used only 12)

Maybe I did something wrong, but everything looks OK and there is no more empty hole to use any more bolts.

In my original post I had doubled the quantities. However it looks like I need to order more although you have not mentioned using the 4 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01?

In my original post I had doubled the quantities. However it looks like I need to order more although you have not mentioned using the 4 x Expanding nut 5 x 13,2 N 106 213 01?

Because you need 8pcs just like you wrote

I have ordered the quantities I got from ETKA as per my amended post No.9. So will wait and see when they come in next week.

I will be interested to know if these cut down the noise of spray in the rear wheel arches in the wet, which has been one of the main criticism's of the car

if so first job for ours when we get it 1st september

Ghost2255 did you have rear mud flaps on your Up when you fitted the liners? If so did you need to remove them or just leave them in place?