Delivery times

And they may just remind you of your contractual and legally binding obligation to collect within 10 days or to allow them to resell and charge you the costs involved in doing so.

I know customers wait a long time and it seems unfair but a much better approach would be to ask politely in the first instance and only if you don't get the answer you want start to dish out your orders of what you will and will not do.

I used to be a car sales exec , I know how it works. Trust me, more cars handed over in March when the target gets inflated, the more they earn.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I used to be a car sales exec , I know how it works. Trust me, more cars handed over in March when the target gets inflated, the more they earn.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Then you'll also be familiar with commission being paid after the customer's first finance repayment has been received and therefore needing to hand over at least some cars in February in order to get anything like a decent pay packet in March. So too, the monthly completion targets which do not stop for February,  the legalities of the contract and not being too bolshy when morally you may be in the right but legally you have absolutely no wriggle room other than what's offered through good will.

Ordered 1st November

Initial date given 20th December

Next date "confirmed" build week 10 of 2014

Email this week to inform me that my build week has been moved to week 21 and it's unconfirmed.

That will be 8 months then.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered 1st November

Initial date given 20th December

Next date "confirmed" build week 10 of 2014

Email this week to inform me that my build week has been moved to week 21 and it's unconfirmed.

That will be 8 months then.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shouldn't worry about this confirmed and unconfirmed rubbish. Actual weeks can and will vary. As far as I'm aware, they don't get set or confirmed until 2 weeks before build date so until your dealer tells you it will be built in two weeks they really are just guessing.

8 months is crazy. Is there not one in the system with the spec you want already? Got mine in a few weeks as it was originally destined to be a demonstrator. Spec was exactly what I wanted so I had it instead.  I'd never wait 8 months for a skoda. They're good cars but that wait is madness unless you have your own reasons for not minding the wait.

Im sorry I know ive probably said as much already but I dont get the hang-up about a car being a 63 or 14 plate.

I agree if your car arrives a few days before 1st March then its probably worth the wait; in my case my car is due to be ready for collection next Friday.....I personally wouldnt want my car sitting around at the dealership for two weeks unnecessarily where it could be subjected to minor dinks and scrapes (unlikely but can and does happen)....also its another two weeks i have to risk driving my traded in car around and risking damaging that.....all for a new plate that'll be old hat before I know it.

Also then have to go and collect the car on the 1st with the other reams of people seemingly doing the same...that'd be frustrating in itself.

Each to their own and all that but there are few disadvantages to taking a late plate car so those in that position id suggest dont worry about it and just take the car and enjoy it as soon as it turns up.

UPDATE: 

Posted by freddyg on 04 December 2013 - 14:53 in Skoda Octavia III (2013 onward)

I've just spoken to the dealer....

I placed the order with my Lease company on the 10-09-13
They accepted the order on the 13-09-13
Forwarded to the Skoda dealer 20-09-13
Accepted by the Factory on 15-10-2013 (almost a month later!)
Currently showing on the system as build week 12.
I guess that from build to delivery to me is another three weeks????

If that is the case the time between pressing the go button and receiving the car will have been 30 weeks.

Emailed the dealer on friday to see if there was any progress.  Getting a bit p***ed off with this to be honest.

Dealer replied saying my car is starting build TODAY!!  Yay!!!

Any idea how long from build to delivery?  Is three weeks a bit optimistic?

Edited by freddyg

I went back to the dealer this weekend just gto take out their demo again as I wanted to get the buzz again after having driven it the first time, only to be told they sold both vrs demonstrators and cannot get another one for 6 months due to such high customer demand and stock issues.

Whilst this is great of them to put their customers first I think it is a shame because I was really unsure about going up to the vrs spec but once I drove it I fell in love.

Interestingly on the delivery front, after having had the wrong lease car delivered to me and having to go through the order process all over again (new lease company) i've been told end of March delivery when ordered in October 2013. The www.trackmyskoda.co.uk website says it's only for their dealership customers but works just fine with any Skoda order so it appears.

Whatever it is they've done with their systems I think could well be sold back to SUK. It would, I feel, help customers an awful lot better with an order tracking website like a number of their competitors. All in good time I guess but it would be welcome I suspect by the masses none the less. At this point there would also be less need to rely upon the perhaps no so customer service gifted dealers ;-)

Placed the order 27 November 2013. The dealer said that I might have to wait about 8 months until delivery. She tried to make me remove some of my extras, but I persisted. I'm a gadget nerd...  :blush:

Called her today and was told preliminary BW11, but as I've read here, that doesn't mean much.

Skoda Octavia Estate VRS TSI 220 DSG

Finally got the 'nod' for a new company car order. 1.4 DSG Elegance Estate, only a couple of options (heated seats, tow bar prep and metallic) so hoping for a reasonably sensible delivery.

Not holding my breath until I hear of a delivery date though!

Edited by philhoward

Don't really need the charging facility.  Will charge the battery before leaving home and will be using either hookup or a generator anyway.

Ordered it blindly as I know I do want a towbar, and it will be a dealer fit job.

It does make me wonder what the towbar prep does include though...

Finally a comfirmed BW :-)

Ordered 4. nov and just got an e-mail from the dealer saying it's locked in at BW10. I've been BW10 since middle of january :) Should be a delivery end of march/start of april it takes about 3-4 weeks to get to Denmark i'm told.

1.4TSI DSG Combi Elegance with a couple of options :)

Good to hear that the build dates aren't slipping back anymore and people are getting their cars!

I ordered middle of January and am still BW14..

Enjoy trekster and Freddyg

It’s so close I can almost taste it…… Had an email confirming my reg yesterday, no delivery date confirmed but no doubt now at least it will be on a 14 plate.

Ordered first week of October, Met black and cruise were the only options. Been a long time coming.

Edited by Gwald
  • Like 1

Ordered a VRS TSI DSG on 13/01/14 in Luxembourg and just got a call that I can come and collect it 3rd of March. Was very surprised to get it so quick given all the stories of long waiting times on this forum. I guess Skoda runs some sort of quota system for each market? I didn't take the standard spec either, got some options like colombus, metal grey paint, heated windscreen and gemini wheels.

• Like 1