Delivery times

Rallye green TDI DSG VRS ordered in October, provisional build date was wk 13, which was then confirmed, email from dealer today to say now 'no build date'

Not too worried, as I don't need it until my Giulietta goes back to Alfa in March, and the dealer has committed to giving me a loan car until it arrives.

A bit annoying, but the dealer always updates me every two weeks. All the time that I have a loan car I will be saving about £380 on monthly repayments ;-)

Week 13 cannot have been confirmed, at least not by the factory. I understand that build weeks do not actually get confirmed until a couple of weeks beforehand. Must have been provisional.

I think you are probably correct as I think it was still at stage 10 than 20

So about 370.000 Krone?

Yes, just about. The taxes apply to all. Swing radio is the standard one in Denmark I had to spec bolero, the Amundsen and Columbus are so expensive that its only a couple of cars to date that have them fitted. The elegance spec is somewhat comparable to the UK, although some stuff that should be standard isn't(like the bolero), but we do get chrome rails and chrome around the windows..

What my spec has other than the elegance standard is:

-Bolero

-Front parking sensors

-Canton

-Lane assist

-Dab

-17'' wheels(16 is standard)

-Mirrors that are dimmed automatically and retract

-Multi function wheel with dsg paddles

-Simply clever package

-5 year extended warranty(St is 2..)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Trekster

Changed my profile info as don't want my dealer to identify that I'm not happy with their customer service, in much the same way that I would not criticise the chef prior to him/her preparing my soup... :sweat:  My delivery date was mid Jan but as we're all aware that's all gone belly-up due to demand and I do not have a problem with that and it reflects, I believe, my good choice of car [insert halo smiley here]. The salesperson's all round customer service has been pretty diabolical in just about all aspects you can think of with the exception of this person being 'nice'. SUK have advised me that likely delivery-to-dealer date is mid Feb so I mentioned to said salesperson that I'd expect it to be early March on a '14'; "ooh, not sure if we can do that as sometimes Skoda don't like it, we'll see...". I didn't bite due to the aforementioned 'funny looking blob in soup' theory. S/he did not sell me the vehicle, I bought it but it's been hard work all the way. What's the matter with these people and/or their customer service skills training! I'd have though the first thing they would be trained in is having some empathy regarding the sheer bloody excitement someone experiences during the whole process of purchasing a new car from the first visit to the forecourt to driving away with yer new shiny,shiny wheels. I hope to bejeezus the service department is in a different league :wonder:

End of rant, 'tis good to talk...

Anon :bandit:

Well these delays are giving my mind.time to idle and revisit the brochure frequently.

Having just seen a black vrs hatch with black pack in the flesh, I've just changed my colour from Race blue to black, wonder how many more things I can change before its locked down, lol

Did you order after 31st December? I can't change mine (even the colour which I wasn't and still not sure about) otherwise I lose the 0% but then that is a good thing as leading up to the 31st I added every extra possible (except the cruise and Columbus) and looked through the brochure every night.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

^^ James, I ordered the 24th of December and my dealer happily allowed me to add the winter pack to my order yesterday. I specifically offered to pay for the winter pack in cash so the finance paperwork didn't need altering but he said it wouldn't be a problem!

If adding the winter pack causes me further delays then so be it, I'm in no real rush to get my vRS (as daft as it sounds) but I jumped in before the 0% finance was lost. As long as its here for my family trip to cornwall in late July I'll be happy.

Just need to avoid the temptation of adding further to my order....

Did you order after 31st December? I can't change mine (even the colour which I wasn't and still not sure about) otherwise I lose the 0% but then that is a good thing as leading up to the 31st I added every extra possible (except the cruise and Columbus) and looked through the brochure every night.

I ordered on 30th December, to be fair the change of colour hasn't been confirmed yet though I don't see it affecting the finance as I believe it's the same price as the blue.

If it can't be done it's no big deal, I was and am torn between black, blue and green. My mk1 and mk2 vrs were black and my current VRX is black, with tints and anthracite wheels and I live the look, all in that's let black edge ahead.

I don't really expect a colour change to affect my wk21 build date.

Edited by tuonopepper

Looking at the last few green hatches that have been posted up on here I'm sticking with it. Since I was told I couldn't change (right or wrong) it's stopped me worrying about it.

My current car is bright metallic orange (more bright than a focus ST orange) so my thinking was I'd need a bright colour again this time. I've got a few years left until I need to grow up so maybe in 3 years I'll go for a black car instead.

Not as such but cant see why i wouldnt be picking it up saturday, its been in the uk for nearly a week now.

Seem to take a week to go though customs at port and then getting picked up to T/Well

My deler said that if I added anything to the order it would be removed to the back of the que at factory

Some truth to this, there is a 'chance' it can put it back, there isn't any way for your dealer nor even SUK to tell you before hand if it will, it's a gamble.

This is at least what John Good at SUK told me when I was enquiring about adding the variable boot floor.

My deler said that if I added anything to the order it would be removed to the back of the que at factory

I would tend to agree to the above, i've been adding options and most who ordered around same time are receiving theirs.  

Latest farce was I went dealers, asked them to check build week, it was still a provisional wk6 build, I then removed the smokers pack (a ashtray) and within 1hr dealer e-mailed me to say by removing the smokers pack had pushed my provisional build week back to wk8 

I would tend to agree to the above, i've been adding options and most who ordered around same time are receiving theirs.  

Latest farce was I went dealers, asked them to check build week, it was still a provisional wk6 build, I then removed the smokers pack (a ashtray) and within 1hr dealer e-mailed me to say by removing the smokers pack had pushed my provisional build week back to wk8 

At least you can keep your small change in your pocket instead of the ashtray now.  Every little helps.

Seriously, I feel for you.

Regards

T