The police

There was no attitude!

Actually, your first post did say you gave them some backchat when they started their power trip - your words, not mine.

Silvers post about "pulled over + attitude = extra checks to make it unenjoyable experience" does however show a level of petty-minded thinking that goes on with some in authority - whether it be a policeman, a customs officer, a librarian, it doesn't matter.

Conversely, when dealing with frontline police, i have found that being as friendly as possible, attentive and agreeable works best. The interaction with the seatbelt could be interpreted as an attempt to get a rise out of you which it did - you replied. Statement of fact it may have been, but how the officer decides to take your response, you can't assume. It would have been better to stay in the car, belted up. I've read many times people saying "get out of the car to meet them etc......but I wouldn't do that - it's immediately setting up a confrontation, especially if they have some pre-conceptions about car/driver stereotypes.

Two things, when ever I have been pulled over I have either thought that it was a good thing regardless of the Policemans attitute, just in case I was somebody that had stolen the car or just carried out a crime of some description. Random stops sometimes unearth all sorts, ive seen Road Wars...

Also, any other time I have been stopped it is usually because I have been driving like an ar5e. And on those occasions, I was still treated in a reasonable manner.

As i stated i gave them a level of back chat however this was after they had given me a whole load of unnessary verbal. I didnt argee with how they treated me from the off and if it was a normal member of the public speaking to me like that well...

I dont mind been pulled over, the first time in march once the officer had done his checks he was pleasent enough but these two this morning wouldnt let up, they had it in for me and id done nothing wrong.

I suppose the point of this thread was to see what others have done in similiar situations not to cause a who did what arguement :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd look into getting a dash-cam and if you're pulled over, and assuming you have a phone that can record video/ sound etc, utilise that so that you have a record for yourself of what happened.

Id come up albert royds street then towards littleborough. They would of first seen me literally as i was turning off halifax road. Not to worry ive calmed down now.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

With regards to them being jealous of a 10 year old VRS, I highly doubt it and that sort of attitude will get you stopped and incovieneced even more so.

Take it for wat it is, a random stop check of a young male driving a fast car that's getting on a bit so possibly unroadworthy late at night/early in the morning.

You've missed L and Y from the end GO WISELY

Lawful ie what section of law

You are detained for the purpose of the search ie you cannot leave and they can do it by force if needs be (must be justified though)

Brilliant, we are living in a Polica State where anybody can be stopped, searched (by force if any objections present) and then left on the side of the road with vehicle contents strewn across the pavement... Way to go...

I am paying police from my taxes to do few simple things for me. They are providing a SERVICE to the citiziens of the UK.

Fight crime and keep public order. This should come with assisitng members of the public when such assist is needed.

When stopped at the roadside "for a routine check" it is the Police who should be polite and apologetic and NOT the person stopped as they HAVE to assume the person they are stopping is completely fine, not guilty of anything and ALWAYS inconvenienced by their actions. They should expect a degree of annoyance but should not expect rudness or swearing. It is their duty to handle the situation and the person being stopped for Pete's sake!

Especially after a night shift in the wee hours!

On the other hand Police is doing their job, which is really difficult, stresfull, not always well paid and their are rarely getting prasie from the community for doing it ...

People would do well not make that job more difficult than it really has to be.

There is plenty of power tripping in the force, that's true. I personally am ALWAYS polite but sometimes show with tone of my voice than I am not too hapy with being hindered by their work in my daily activities. I have very little time and 15 mins on the roadside means I am going to be late somewhere.

Once they followed me home literary. Just a normal squad car. I went into a cul the suc, turned into a "secondary cul-de-sac" to reverse in order to park oppsite my house, tried reversing and they blocked me with their car! Lowered the window and attitude came pouring in, aggresive "Where are you going?". No greeting or f'all, striaght to the point. I said "What do you mean "Where are you going"?? Nowhere, just arrived at my house, I live here, why do you ask?". Then he went on "We thought you were going a bit fast earlier on". Me "I am sure I did not but I am sorry I gave you this impression". I was driving my old Lupo (not modified), which had epic body roll and indeed could create an impression of taking roundabouts at Warp 9 speeds :D.Then drinking and drugs questions followed. I was coming back from the gym so that might have prompted the questions :drunk: . I was very annoyed with them blocking me in, they had absolutely no grounds for doing it, and the attitude. However, if I wanted to end the encounter quickly I had to curb myself big time, started smiling being apologetic again and the whole thing finished sharpishly without any problems.

Sad thing is that I have to dig deep into my small reserves of angelic patience my kids deplete wantonly on daily basis to deal with this situation...

Had they not blocked me (I was bloody parking!), not givem me the attitude straight off the bat but approached me after I parked (and it WAS obvious I was parking!) and with a smile inquired politely I'd have given the smile and politness straight back - what goes around comes around I am affraid.

i've lost count of the number of times i'm been stopped by the police now, i quite often drive home late at night or the early hours of the morning so i guess it is justified that i get stopped, although i have on one occasion been stopped 3 times in the same night which i took great exception to. trouble is with me is that i've got a bit of a gob on me and i use it too, i start out civilized and polite but if they give me attitude i give them gob as well.. when i get stopped i dont get out of the car unless i'm asked to.

the police dont have to have a reason to stop a car, section 163 gives them the right to stop any vehicle to 'execute thier duty' or in other words they dont stop you to chat about the weather or to tell you they think your wheels look ghey, but they can ask you your name, owner, liscense etc, however as most of these details about insurance, mot, tax etc can be checked electronically now there's often no need to stop somebody.

the can search your car too, but they would need to have reasonable grounds for suspecting you have stolen or prohibited articles, or going equipped to steal etc... i suppose the op could look at this another way, young lad, hoodie, ache, bad attitude, late at night, that could be some little oik driving round in your car without your say so while you are fast asleep under the influence of horlicks.. they are only doing a job after all and you would be grateful if they had stopped some twoccer in your motor.

If you want my advice grow a beard. I've not been stopped by the police for years now and i'm out all hours of the day and night.

Seriously, nobody suspects the bearded man

:evil:

• Like 3

Trust me, I tried!! :sweat: My face moss is grossly dissapointing...

On the other hand, with my gym regime and thinning hair I might shave completely bald and wear tight t-shirts - would that scare them off? :rofl:

My "stoppage" happened at 8pm with daylight still on in a "leafy suburb"...

Trust me, I tried!! :sweat: My face moss is grossly dissapointing...

On the other hand, with my gym regime and thinning hair I might shave completely bald and wear tight t-shirts - would that scare them off? :rofl:

My "stoppage" happened at 8pm with daylight still on in a "leafy suburb"...

I know a bobby whose a gym buff and he wears t-shirts sourced from Mothercare. You might become an unwanted beacon for some :p Who says the beard must be natural? A nice Brian Blessed type rug purchased from a local joke shop should suffice. :angel:

If you want my advice grow a beard. I've not been stopped by the police for years now and i'm out all hours of the day and night.

ah ha yes a disguise.... :bandit: a police officer also has powers to make you remove a disguise too, section 60, so i guess that means they can tell you to shave your beard off if :sweat:

most of these details about insurance, mot, tax etc can be checked electronically now there's often no need to stop somebody.

But that just shows that *someone* has valid documents, not necessarily the person that's driving now.

they are only doing a job after all and you would be grateful if they had stopped some twoccer in your motor.

And this is why they do need to stop and speak to the driver.

ah ha yes a disguise.... :bandit: a police officer also has powers to make you remove a disguise too, section 60, so i guess that means they can tell you to shave your beard off if :sweat:

My understanding of the Criminal Justice/ Public Order Act (which is flimsy as i've just looked it up) is that a S60 has to be authorised in response to an immediate/ suspected use of violence/ weaponary within a defined area. Not sure how that could apply to the whole road network?

Sorry, but I cannot stop myself...

So the police needs to stop cars to make sure the owner drives the car... *sigh*

Every car on the road is t obe suspected of being just stolen, driven by a hardened criminal without license under influence of alcohol and drugs, wearing fake beard, most certainly having just been speeding...

@sparks03

Surely, early morning hours, shady neighbourhood, vRS of some description with tinted windows and God forbid lowered suspension, tired tax payer with red rimmed yes after a night shift - that S60 sanctioned beards shaving on the spot as such an individual is up to no good by any stretch of imagination and will most probably use violence upon getting home, probably while using his weapon ;)

My understanding of the Criminal Justice/ Public Order Act (which is flimsy as i've just looked it up) is that a S60 has to be authorised in response to an immediate/ suspected use of violence/ weaponary within a defined area. Not sure how that could apply to the whole road network?

apoligies i meant s60AA, i meant it as joke really about having a beard as a disguise

Tom, you seem to know an awful lot of "sections" ;)

i know enough so that i dont get my pants pulled down by the police... i'm quite a recalcitrant character once i'm on my high horse

• Like 2

There was that documentary on youtube about a guy who deregistered his car, returned his driving license and was still driving his car. It was hillarious when they stopped him.

It was all based on some arcane law granting subjects of the Crown the right to freely move about the land in a vehicle. It turns out driving license, car registration and insurance are voluntary according to that...

There was that documentary on youtube about a guy who deregistered his car, returned his driving license and was still driving his car. It was hillarious when they stopped him.

It was all based on some arcane law granting subjects of the Crown the right to freely move about the land in a vehicle. It turns out driving license, car registration and insurance are voluntary according to that...

yes kind of... there is another thread on here about that recently.. it all surrounds your common law right to travel, but i falls over because by using a developed highway you enter a contract by proxy to abide by the rules, which include having tax insurance liscense etc

apoligies i meant s60AA, i meant it as joke really about having a beard as a disguise

It would appear in conjunction with the original S60 order though and again would require the same set of circumstances for the authorisation of such powers to be used.

I'm being a pedant, aren't I? :wonder:

The chap who posted the video about de-registration and driving with a lack of insurance wasn't anywhere near as clever as he thought. He insisted that because the DVLA didn't acknowledge his ramblings that indeed they agreed with him. A prize chopper.

haha dvla... dont start me on them, what a prize bunch of ****tards they are too, i dont even think there is actually anybody working there in real life, it's just a shed up in a field in swansea with one bloke and a pig pile of money and a massive computer churning out endless rubbish all day long. i suspect they spend all the tax money on crack, and have big boxes under the bed full of wads of twenties. nobody there speaks english either and the bloke is always called sharon from bridgeend.

• Like 2

I am not endorsing that "clever" anarchist chap, just remebered seeing it while I read this thread. I wish I could be bothered reading the Act but first of all I value the remnants of my sanity and do get on rather well with uniforms (and plain clothes) so no need for that :) and secondly when I am in need of punishing myself I go to the gym :punch: - looks like my shins and feet are healed enouch after last week so I can go and do it all over again tonight :bandit:

• Like 1