Can't hear the supercharger

Hi, not long had the car back from it's service. Should I be worried that I can't hear the supercharger anymore. U used to hear it quite pronounced when it kicked in but now I can never hear it. I know it isn't used all the time but haven't hear it at all recently. Cheers.

Must have applied the "supercharger delete" update lol.

Don't think I've ever really heard the s'charger on mine. It whooshes away sometimes but that could easily be the turbo too. It doesn't seem to emit that classic 'whine'.

• Like 1

Must have applied the "supercharger delete" update lol.

Don't think I've ever really heard the s'charger on mine. It whooshes away sometimes but that could easily be the turbo too. It doesn't seem to emit that classic 'whine'.

Get yourself into an empty multistorey and give it some short blasts - you'll hear everything and it sounds very cool!

+1 for multistory 

But for the full experience ....sunday afternoon Queensway tunnel in Birmingham, all windows down sport mode and prepare to suppress the giggles as it whines, dumps, boosts and exhaust pops and the note too!

• Like 1

+1 for multistory 

But for the full experience ....sunday afternoon Queensway tunnel in Birmingham, all windows down sport mode and prepare to suppress the giggles as it whines, dumps, boosts and exhaust pops and the note too!

Don't stop in that bloody tunnel, you're likely to get stabbed or shot in the face :D

& even if you can not hear it,

you would be well aware if it was not functioning.

It is there till 2400rpm on its own and then with the turbo till 3500rpm.

So if the car is not performing best get it checked, otherwise it is a good excuse to go away out trying to hear the charger.

george

I get plenty of whoooossshhh-tooosssshhhhh but not really hearing any supercharger whine like you get on say a Mini Cooper-S. Not too bothered tho, the Milltek growling away out the back sounds decent enough. Been out tooling around in the Abarth with the windows down in the sunshine all afternoon. Now that does sound amazing!!

• Like 2

I normally hear it whine when I give it the beans from a standing start. When road and wind noise are at a minimum. Like others have mentioned it is a discreet charger!

Would be great if it sounded like a Shelby Mustang's supercharger!!