A few pictures of my Steel Grey Combi

Looks good but wheres the Chrome window surrounds?! :bandit:

Good spot Yeti_Man.  Conspicuous by their absence, in spite of assurances from the dealer that they would be there.  I have just sent a text to the dealer manager asking for a call back asap...

Thanks Chunkstar, Leon-y-k, DavidF3911.   Yes, very pleased other than the non-functional Climate Control - not a good week for no aircon!  Just got to Swansea showing 65mpg where the Audi would have done about 56.

Edited by Juniperz

Very nice pictures! But i was wondering what is colour code - steel grey or platinum grey?

It was ordered as Steel Grey, but I have an idea that Platinum Grey might be the same colour but a different name for countries other than the UK.  I am sure someone else will confirm, or not.

Better info from TudorM below.

Edited by Juniperz

They're different colors from what I am aware of. They were both on the image with the VRS colors. This Steel one looks quite interesting, would be nice to see it with the VRS Black Package.

It does look odd with silver roof bars and no chrome surrounds. It should be either chrome-chrome or black-black. Not that it's your fault anyway! :)

Very nice looking car and exceptional mpg numbers if you ask me! Enjoy your new baby. ;)

Good spot Yeti_Man.  Conspicuous by their absence, in spite of assurances from the dealer that they would be there.  I have just sent a text to the dealer manager asking for a call back asap...

Good luck - id be gutted personally but I place a lot of emphasis on aesthetics. The chrome roof bars look lost up there with black rubber window surrounds. I wouldnt have accepted the car if the dealer had guarenteed id get what I ordered and it turned up like that tbh and I now wont consider an Elegance estate without chrome so thats one of my new car options off the list now.

They're different colors from what I am aware of.

It does look odd with silver roof bars and no chrome surrounds. It should be either chrome-chrome or black-black. Not that it's your fault anyway! :)

Very nice looking car and exceptional mpg numbers if you ask me! Enjoy your new baby. ;)

Thanks - I sit corrected.

Just spoke to the dealer and they will take it up with Skoda - not that that is going to make much difference!

:happy:

Good luck - id be gutted personally but I place a lot of emphasis on aesthetics. The chrome roof bars look lost up there with black rubber window surrounds. I wouldnt have accepted the car if the dealer had guarenteed id get what I ordered and it turned up like that tbh and I now wont consider an Elegance estate without chrome so thats one of my new car options off the list now.

I wasn't in a position to reject the car as it was delivered to my home address while I was away (company car) and it didn't feel fair to ask my wife to get into all that with a delivery man.  I am annoyed though, having only paid £150 for the roof bars becuase I thought I was getting the window trim, for £150.  So I feel £300 down.  Of course this just means that I paid a bit more monthly through salary sacrifice.  And I pay extra BIK tax for 48 months.  Fear not, I will be following up with dealer / lease company / employer in a similar vein...

• Like 1

Very nice :clap: , I've now seen what I will be getting eventually. I didn't go for the ivory because I thought it would look naff, but I have to say that it looks very good.

Now I seen a photo with the Steering wheel on the correct side ;) , I don't think the position handbrake is going to cause be an issue

Does that have the sports suspension, as it appears to sit a bit lower than the SE combi I saw that the dealers or maybe it the camera angle?

I don't think about which side of the tunnel the handbrake is.  More problematic is that it can be a little tricky to get at because I like the arm rest all the way forward and in it's highest position, so the handbrake is a bit hidden, but far from impossible - I am used to it already.  (I would rather have an electronic handbrake, but I don't want to restart a religious war!).

No, I do not have sport suspension, but I was also thinking that it isn't looking too "on stilts" though I am sure hardcore vRS drivers will disagree :giggle:

Looks very nice indeed, have said from the start that the Combi is well designed and IMO looks better than the hatch.

Are the mudflaps standard?

Handbrake looks same setup as Superb and I too have the arm rest fully forward but as the handbrake only needs to go on 1 or 2 notches it isn't a problem.

It was ordered as Steel Grey, but I have an idea that Platinum Grey might be the same colour but a different name for countries other than the UK.  I am sure someone else will confirm, or not.

Better info from TudorM below.

I also queried the colour with dealer who said that Skoda use steel grey & platin grey for the same colour as some people were confusing steal grey with metallic silver so they call it platin grey. The configurator (when I last looked) only let's you choose platin grey, but my order is for steel grey "so confusing or what". Nevertheless I do like the photos & hope my hatch looks as good when I eventually get it.

• Like 3

Looks very nice indeed, have said from the start that the Combi is well designed and IMO looks better than the hatch.

Are the mudflaps standard?

Handbrake looks same setup as Superb and I too have the arm rest fully forward but as the handbrake only needs to go on 1 or 2 notches it isn't a problem.

Thanks & I agree.  Obviously :giggle:  

Rear mudflaps are standard and I got the dealer to fit the fronts.  (I think it was that way round!).

Edit: Picture in post #2 seems to be broken - here instead:

IMG_1842PSE.jpg

Edited by Juniperz
  • Like 1

I also queried the colour with dealer who said that Skoda use steel grey & platin grey for the same colour as some people were confusing steal grey with metallic silver so they call it platin grey. The configurator (when I last looked) only let's you choose platin grey, but my order is for steel grey "so confusing or what". Nevertheless I do like the photos & hope my hatch looks as good when I eventually get it.

If you look in the VRS thread, there's a picture with the available VRS colors. There's a silver and two grays, which while unnamed, I'm guessing are the Platin and the Steel Grey. Or the new VRS grey will have a different name. But yeah, pretty confusing either way. :)

If you look in the VRS thread, there's a picture with the available VRS colors. There's a silver and two grays, which while unnamed, I'm guessing are the Platin and the Steel Grey. Or the new VRS grey will have a different name. But yeah, pretty confusing either way. :)

I thought the VRS was getting Meteor grey for its signature colour? :)

Did you got for the lowered sport undercarrige and what wheel size did you go for ?

No, that is standard suspension and standard Elegance wheels - 17".

I did once have a 1.6D DSG Elegance hatch demo car that looked much more "on stilts"

Octavia%2520Wheel.jpg