Ideas for improving the interior of my vRS

I'm pondering on freshening up my vRS interior and wanted to canvass opinion on ways to lighten up the current rather plain appearance...

Luckily, I already have the most wonderful nappa leather seats fitted in a 'tasteful' light/dark grey, so I want to co-ordinate these colours into the facelift.

Here's the current interior.

fabiainterior.jpg

I was thinking of spraying the bottom half of the dashboard in a lighter shade of grey, perhaps using something like plastidip?

As well as the lower dash I think it will be good to also change the central storage binnacle colour, which holds the cupholder and gear stick etc. As a finishing touch, I like the idea of giving the air vents a glossy black finish too.

I've got the replacement sections off another vRS, so it's not the end of the world if it ends in failure and I have to refit the old bits back!

Any further thoughts or suggestions welcome - I hope to take pictures and put the results up back here.

You could always spray some bits silver.

Rob did it, and it really did lighten the whole lot :)

That looks nice and not OTT - I especially like the silver gear surround.

I'm not usually a fan of painted silver though, which is why I was drawn to using Plastidip.

Have the top part of the dash trimmed in leather

to match the seats.

Plus gearstick gaiter, handbrake and steering wheel.  

Then spray vents silver or matte pale grey. 

• Like 1

there is a vrs knocking about in black and pink .... sounds abit gash but looks pretty nice

catmans car. . Bin winning shows for about 3 years now. .

His dash is sprayed with a special paint made be reflex auto designs..apparently you can flex the plastic in half n it doesnt crack. .and his dash vents are genuine carbon.

it has to be seen to understand all the hundreds of little touches thats gone into it

I really like the idea of getting the dash trimmed in leather.

Have the top part of the dash trimmed in leather

to match the seats.

Plus gearstick gaiter, handbrake and steering wheel.  

Then spray vents silver or matte pale grey. 

I really like the idea of getting the dash trimmed in leather.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks - some good inspiration there.

I also like the idea of leather, and definitely like the black gloss air vents.

Funnily enough, I was in a friend's Roomster yesterday, and that had exactly the lighter grey colouring to the parts I was interested in changing.

roomster.jpg

I'll let you know how the mods go...