My new car has arrived at the dealers, but...

Didescharlie

It's white, it's covered in protective sheets and stuff, and it looks very very funky in the flesh and just how I want it - but what the flippin' hell is that small ugly unsightly plastic clip hanging out of the side of the centre console like some ghastly after-market Halfords add-on. No no no no no!!!

Seriously though, does anyone know if these so-called 'photo-clips' can be removed easily, or will I just have to snap it off when I take delivery on Tuesday? Why would anyone want to put a photo there anyway. Or perhaps a set of directions - oh hang on a moment I've got a built-in nav!!!

The showroom model never had this horrible, cheap and nasty looking little clip, so why would my delivered car have it???

its to hold pay and display parking tickets without all that horrible glue on the screen or side windows

give it a few days you will not notice it, but once you use it (assuming you use pay and display car parks) you will love it

Yes, i have a window one on my Fabia and its very useful. I'm talking about the utterly pointless afterthought one on the dash which I didn't order or see on the showroom model. Salesman told me they're all coming in with it now. Honestly, I guarantee any mate you have in the car will twang it and laughingly ask why you ruined the look of the dash by putting it there.

I cannot express in words how s@@t I think it looks. Please someone tell me i can lose it without snapping it off. Or maybe yes I want a family snap at an annoyingly non-perpendicular angle that won't in any way curl up in warm weather.

Could be useful for holding an extract of an O.S. map or google map if you don't have satnav :giggle:

Rip it off you will get the satisfaction then of tearing through cheap plastic.

• Like 1

...but yeah - I too am hoping that its possible to remove it without tearing the dash or making marks in the center console.

The clip on the a pillar has a screw hidden behind the trim which holds it on. I would imagine this clip is similar and you probably need to pull out the radio/central trim thing to remove it without breaking anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The clip on the a pillar has a screw hidden behind the trim which holds it on. I would imagine this clip is similar and you probably need to pull out the radio/central trim thing to remove it without breaking anything.

Thanks Trundlenut - let's hope so. My only worry is that there is a 'gap' of some sort in the facia surround 'escutcheon' which will look ugly - although I suppose if this is the case I can buy a standard one.

You never know, I might grow to like it. I can stick a picture of my little girl there, and iron out my OCD tendencies if it slips out of alignment!

Thanks Trundlenut - let's hope so. My only worry is that there is a 'gap' of some sort in the facia surround 'escutcheon' which will look ugly - although I suppose if this is the case I can buy a standard one.

You never know, I might grow to like it. I can stick a picture of my little girl there, and iron out my OCD tendencies if it slips out of alignment!

IIRC the one on the a pillar has a thin bit where it passes by the trim so that you don't have a gap. Hopefully its the same.

Still can't wait for the car though... Picking it up on Tuesday after work, and I've got my chrome pedals all ready to fit.

Are you getting it from Farmer's at Leicester?  I picked up mine a week ago and it didn't have the clip. Mine's an S but was already built as opposed to build to order.

Edited by peter3197

In the days before GPS I used to write out the road numbers and major towns on a bit of paper, so when I came to a junction I knew which way to go next.

In fact recently I have gone back to that approach as most GPS navigation systems never seem to go the way I want to.

They are only of any use to me for the final few miles of a journey.

So... If I had a clip, that's what I would put under it.

Some years ago Shell fuel tankers used to have a picture of a child on he back, it was supposed to make people drive more responsibly. Perhaps the clip is a throwback to that idea.

Seriously though there are a number of little bits and pieces that adorn the brochure that are actually not fitted to UK models. Apart from your clip I didn't get a shelf under the dash or a bag hook. These items have been discussed at length somewhere in the Citigo section of the forum. I think in all brochures then put a disclaimer saying words to the effect, not all models or can vary depending on country. 

Enjoy your new Citigo, just get the hacksaw out to that clip when it arrives home. :blush: