GTB2260VK with vacuum conversion and flange fully rebuild and balaced for 1.9/2.0TDI

XMANTURBOS

Would be something like the AWX manifold, like in the eBay link you put up on the 1st page.

Is that not what you used?

Just thinking may be easier in the long run to be able to separate the units if any problems arise.

AWX manifold is for longitudinal engines and won't fit ASZ correctly as it moves the turbo to far away from the engine and there won't be enough space I'm afraid

basically you can buy the turbo only and figure out fitting on your own if you wish, or I can get you one which is bolt on (not welded) on the manifold to fit ASZ if you insist on one not welded

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm quite interested in one for SWMBO 1.9 vRS.

You mention a warranty, who is that with, yourself or the supplier (and if supplier, are they in this country?)

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm quite interested in one for SWMBO 1.9 vRS.

You mention a warranty, who is that with, yourself or the supplier (and if supplier, are they in this country?)

the warranty is with me but it's based on inspection of the turbo by my supplier. In case of any problems the turbo will be collected from you by couriers and sent for inspection and then based on the inspection findings we decide how to proceed in most cases the replacement turbo will be sent directly from myself. You will only be dealing with me not my supplier.  Obviously if you are based overseas the return postage of the turbo is on you I'm afraid.

Again, pardon my ignorance, but I did ask if the suppliers were uk or foreign, as a warranty by a foreign supplier is harder to enforce, and you didn't answer that.

Do I take it you area are registered business then (I'm surmising so, being a forum sponser and having an eBay shop)? I'm only seeking clarification as a purchase from a private seller has little redress, whereas a business is different.

I'm not disparaging you or your products by the way, I would just like clear clarification before I make any decision to order.

• Like 1

Again, pardon my ignorance, but I did ask if the suppliers were uk or foreign, as a warranty by a foreign supplier is harder to enforce, and you didn't answer that.

Do I take it you area are registered business then (I'm surmising so, being a forum sponser and having an eBay shop)? I'm only seeking clarification as a purchase from a private seller has little redress, whereas a business is different.

I'm not disparaging you or your products by the way, I would just like clear clarification before I make any decision to order.

well I don't think it does really matter where exactly is my supplier based and if I always use the same supplier etc. since the warranty is with me? if you must know the turbos are coming usually from Poland or Germany but I also have suppliers in UK and Romania. I won't be giving you a list. I'm the person you deal with in case of any issues and that's all you need to know really. I'm based in the UK, you can see my ebay shop and feedback score etc. Obviously I understand your concerns but it is not the matter of where is the supplier based but who will you be dealing with... and that you can easily learn from my ebay feedback...

Edited by xman750

well I don't think it does really matter where exactly is my supplier based and if I always use the same supplier etc. since the warranty is with me? if you must know the turbos are coming usually from Poland or Germany but I also have suppliers in UK and Romania. I won't be giving you a list. I'm the person you deal with in case of any issues and that's all you need to know really. I'm based in the UK, you can see my ebay shop and feedback score etc. Obviously I understand your concerns but it is not the matter of where is the supplier based but who will you be dealing with... and that you can easily learn from my ebay feedback...

Thanks for the reply, but again, you didn't fully answer my question, so if I may rephrase it, are you a sole trader or are you registered with companies house? For instance, if I was buying a car from a private individual, then I would have different comeback compared to a sole trader or a garage.

I'm not trying to pick an argument, I'm just looking for clarification and transparency, as after all it's my hard earned pension I will be spending

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, but again, you didn't fully answer my question, so if I may rephrase it, are you a sole trader or are you registered with companies house? For instance, if I was buying a car from a private individual, then I would have different comeback compared to a sole trader or a garage.

I'm not trying to pick an argument, I'm just looking for clarification and transparency, as after all it's my hard earned pension I will be spending

I'm a sole trader not limited company if that's your question. And to be clear I'm not a mechanic nor I have a garage etc.

Edited by xman750

So I'm a little confused, if I was shooting for 230 (which will begin to get on the limit of the injectors), this turbo will make these figures as the 1749 (think I got that right) will only make 210 tops.

So the 2260vk does it need a manifold Or bolt straight on? And what's it's capable of? I would be looking for around 230 bhp.

Cheers

• Like 1

So I'm a little confused, if I was shooting for 230 (which will begin to get on the limit of the injectors), this turbo will make these figures as the 1749 (think I got that right) will only make 210 tops.

So the 2260vk does it need a manifold Or bolt straight on? And what's it's capable of? I would be looking for around 230 bhp.

Cheers

well with the hybrid you may get close to 220bhp but this is just an estimate for 230bhp I would recommend GTB1756vk welded onto manifold should be easier to fit than GTB2260vk (more clearance) coskev have just fitted one in his Fabia recently you may ask him for details. In general GTB1756vk should be good for 220-240bhp for any more than 240 I would rather go for GTB2260vk.

I will have 2x GTB1756vk with manifold coming shortly after new year.

For 230bhp go for the 1756vk

I have just finished fitting mine and made my own 2.5" downpipe to fit my Miltek exhaust

Xman pictures will be sent over today as I will be running in a couple of hrs

Edited by silky16v

For 230bhp go for the 1756vk

I have just finished fitting mine and made my own 2.5" downpipe to fit my Miltek exhaust

Xman pictures will be sent over today as I will be running in a couple of hrs

with a Miltek downpipe and the GTB1756 welded onto ASZ manifold all you need to do is chop off orig flange and weld on the GTB flange xman supplies :)

Hi xman750, I've been sent your way by dav_vrs could I get a price for a gtb2260vk for a fabia vrs 2006 BLT, I'm getting a Darkside development tuborler manifold, so I wouldn't know what else I need from you, sorry for not being much help lol

• Like 1

all I can offer is:

the turbo - £450

braided oil feed - £40

downpipe flange - £20

Oil return can be modified (cut the original hose from the fittings buy a new oil resistant hose for the required length + 2 clamps and that's it)

Downpipe and boost pipes you would need to source elsewhere I'm afraid. Make sure with Darkside if the manifold definitely fits Fabia as the engine bay is pretty small.

For just £650 I have GTB2260vk already welded onto manifold to fit Fabia but this is your choice how to fit it.

Best Regards

Thanks for the quick reply mate, bloody hell all good prices! Is there a waiting list?

not right now if I'm out of stock you can put £20 deposit on and the turbo will be here within roughly 10days I should have at least one GTB welded onto manifold and few on their own in stock

with a Miltek downpipe and the GTB1756 welded onto ASZ manifold all you need to do is chop off orig flange and weld on the GTB flange xman supplies :)

My GTB isn't welded to the manifold it has a flange fitting,

And the original Milltek won't fit totally in the wrong place and it too small at only 2" where it exits the turbo

I used a sharp 90deg bend a 45deg bend 30cm and 12" flexi flange all 2.5" this then connected to the rest of cut off downpipe and I had to reeled the support brackets back on