Day Light Running Lights

CitigoAllen

were did you get yours from?

seems so

yes, well first and obviously they are brighter, I will take one out and put an mtec in and see if I can take a decent enough pic of them together 

Based on my own eyes.  I have no trouble seeing cars in daylight.

It's not about seeing, it's about how quickly. Ever heard 'speed of light' you cannot beat that. 0.1sec difference at emergency breaking makes a HUGE difference.

It might be worth noting that turning these off might be considered a modification and if you were to have an accident and your insurance company find out I think you may find your insurance could be void.

It might be worth noting that turning these off might be considered a modification and if you were to have an accident and your insurance company find out I think you may find your insurance could be void.

In my case, the DRLs were selected 'Off' on receipt of my Monte, so I don't think that would be the case, especially as using them isn't mandatory in the UK.

On a slightly different note.  How easy is it to change the bulbs, not just the DRLs but the actual head light bulbs?  I ask because I usually end up fitting better bulbs than the standard ones.  The last Skoda we owned had very poor headlights.  However recent cars we have driven had so littel room that it needed a lot of work to change a bulb.  For example the Vectra, needed its whole front bumper etc removed.  Any recommedations for an uprated but legal head light bulb and also a whiter DRL?  If I have to live with the pointless things I would like them to look like DRLs rather than just side lights (as they do as standard).

Check out the other recent topics on this forum Ali

Been discussed at length

Basically MTEC's or Led from HID Direct for the DRL's and Headlight bulbs are Osram Nightbreaker plus or Philips extreme vision H4's.

Easy to fit, all of them. 2 minute job.

Damo

+1 its very easy to change, no need to take the bumper off like some vag models although being a small car there isn't that much room to move your hand

I have used the mtecs which I like, but i now have the Leds which makes the mtecs look a bit weedy also with the leds which ever headlight you go for the led will still be very white in comparison

I also am using the Philips xtrem vision (I think that's what they are called)

Edited by Elegance75

I have used the mtecs which I like, but i now have the Leds which makes the mtecs look a bit weedy also with the leds which ever headlight you go for the led will still be very white in comparison

This is exactly what I found when I tried the MTECs and the Polarg M13s so I reverted to the brilliantly white LEDs.  This isn't saying that the LEDs are brighter than the other bulbs or more noticeable from a distance but they are definitely much whiter.  Even when the sidelights are on, they are still very white, just less powerful, obviously.  However, they do make the Osram Nightbreaker 'Limited Edition Plus' bulbs look less than white than they might be with MTECs or Polarg M-13s.

I would ask the OP if you're that concerned about saving fuel, are you planning to strip the car of any excess weight too?, the carpet, the passenger seat the rear seat bench etc? im sure that would have a greater fuel saving effect than switching off the DRLs

• Like 2

I would ask the OP if you're that concerned about saving fuel, are you planning to strip the car of any excess weight too?, the carpet, the passenger seat the rear seat bench etc? im sure that would have a greater fuel saving effect than switching off the DRLs

I am not concerned about the fuel impact on my one car. However over the years millions of cars will be burning a little extra fuel, producing a little extra CO2 every time they re used in daylight because of this stupid regulation. This will be a bigger impact than any impact on safety.

Edited by CitigoAli

I am not concerned about the fuel impact on my one car. However over the years millions of cars will be burning a little extra fuel, producing a little extra CO2 every time they re used in daylight because of this stupid regulation. This will be a bigger impact than any impact on safety.

If we all stopped driving in this country RIGHT NOW , and forever, it would take chinas growing economy ( building many power stations fuelled by fossil fuels ) just FIVE days to replace the CO2 we would save by never driving again William

• Like 1