Chrome - if you like a little 'bling'...

pixel_viking

I ordered these chrome bits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CITIGO-CHROME-SIDE-DOOR-INDICATOR-SURROUND-TRIM-COVERS-SET-STEEL-/200867317717?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec4a007d5

!Bt3m9cgB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjYEvlLU3VbCBL9zMnm

and these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK4-MK5-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLES-GTI-GTDI-R32-FSI-1-8T-AUDI-TT-VW-/280724179697?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACitigo&hash=item415c770af1

4DR_HANDLE_NEW.JPG

My 15.000km oil change is coming in early september - I have asked them to remove the Skoda and citigo texts on the hatch (the green of the citigo is not my thing). 

So, a little chrome on and a little off :)

Hope that ebay chrome doesn't look too tacky...

More chrome on a newish car like the Citigo is never good according to my my taste, but what looks good is very individual. i hope you will be happy with the added chrome :rock:

Not for me either Pixel, sorry

But if you like them then its all good

They might look great on the car, in which case fair play to you for trying something different

Post a pic up anyway if you dont mind

Cheers

Damo

I agree with you pixel_viking, chrome doesn't do cars any good. I think it ruins the lines of cars.

Ever since I picked my citigo up I have wanted to do something with the chrome grille surround and badges. I am thinking of painting the grille black and debadging the tailgate or painting the letters white.

Can you post pics when yours is done so I can see the removed badge look please :)???

I ordered these chrome bits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CITIGO-CHROME-SIDE-DOOR-INDICATOR-SURROUND-TRIM-COVERS-SET-STEEL-/200867317717?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec4a007d5

!Bt3m9cgB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjYEvlLU3VbCBL9zMnm

and these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK4-MK5-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLES-GTI-GTDI-R32-FSI-1-8T-AUDI-TT-VW-/280724179697?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACitigo&hash=item415c770af1

4DR_HANDLE_NEW.JPG

My 15.000km oil change is coming in early september - I have asked them to remove the Skoda and citigo texts on the hatch (the green of the citigo is not my thing).

So, a little chrome on and a little off :)

Hope that ebay chrome doesn't look too tacky...

I love chrome on a car :) . Be sure to post pictures when you get it installed!

I tried to start a thread about chrome trims some time ago: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/279911-the-show-me-your-chrome-trims-thread/

Edited by Kent (DK)

I'm in between most people I like the chrome repeaters but dislike the chrome handles and I like the green Go on our Citigo, but that maybe because it goes well with the silver leaf body colour.

I'm in between most people I like the chrome repeaters but dislike the chrome handles and I like the green Go on our Citigo, but that maybe because it goes well with the silver leaf body colour.

I like a little chrome bling, would be interesting to see those pics of the handles and side repeaters when done. You can get a chrome tailgate strip as well.

Debadging not for me I'm afraid, it just makes the car look too plain, it's an individual taste like chrome.

I thought only the greentech versions got the green 'Go' ? the SE at the local dealer and the sport are all chrome.

My Elegance is a Greentec and has the green GO on the back. Only greentecs have that - not sure about the sports and whether they come as greentec anywhere in Europe...

Chrome is going from my car ! Just isn't in my colour scheme - just thought of something else I can do ... hmmmm

You could get the grill from an entry level citigo - which is 'satin black' as standard. Part number for non chrome is 1ST853767 (chrome is 1ST8537672ZZ)

My thoughts about the chrome is that I generally like my chrome grill but it's the only chrome on the car (except for my alloys that are half black / half aluminium and look a little chromy). I'd like to see if more chrome would suit it. 

Since I have the black sporty foils / decor, the tailgate chrome strip would have to go on top of it - which I'm not sure would look good. There's also the chrome strips for the side doors (from the white up!) but this too would go on top of the foils / decor, so maybe not a good idea.

The ebay chrome was cheap, so it's no biggy if it looks bad and has to go after a first photo shoot - pictures will be up when done :)

You could get the grill from an entry level citigo - which is 'satin black' as standard. Part number for non chrome is 1ST853767 (chrome is 1ST8537672ZZ)

Thats a good idea, might have to try that rather that wrapping mine

Cheers

Damo

Just done a 2 minute photobucket edit 

c7484f28-0266-4965-b6d8-4f21c6002a2a_zps

Excuse the really amateur work, I was rushing  :blush:

Not sure if I like it or not 

Probably look better with a real one and not my shabby artwork :D

Cheers

Damo

My Elegance is a Greentec and has the green GO on the back. Only greentecs have that - not sure about the sports and whether they come as greentec anywhere in Europe...

I think (not 100% sure) the manual 75ps Citigos are all greentechs, so if anyone of our non-UK members has a manual 75ps Sport, then it is a greentech by default.

Found a pic of a Red Citigo with plain black grille surround.

T2eC16JHJF0FFDyI9elBR-0uWNgmw60_3_zpsca6

Didn't think I would say this... but I PREFER the Chrome  :o

And on that bombshell...Goodnight

Cheers

Damo

• Like 1