Chrome - if you like a little 'bling'...

pixel_viking

The other thing is its only the very basic "S" that has the plain black grill in the modes line up, Skoda put the chrome on all other models AFAIK.

So in some respects blacking out the chrome around your grill could be seen that you have a lesser model? If you are aware of model differences.

I had thought about getting the bog standard black surround but I really really like the wrap I've used (just ordered even more, I can see this car ending up completely wrapped ) .

Pictures? :)

Just done a 2 minute photobucket edit 

c7484f28-0266-4965-b6d8-4f21c6002a2a_zps

Excuse the really amateur work, I was rushing  :blush:

Not sure if I like it or not 

Probably look better with a real one and not my shabby artwork :D

Cheers

Damo

How about a roll of black insulation tape? Not a permanent thing but it will last for long enough to see if you like the look. 

Doing on wed/thurs , will post when finished

Sounds good :) . Always great to see what other people have done to their cars - and perhaps I could get inspired to do something to my own.

Edited by Kent (DK)

Doing on wed/thurs , will post when finished

Looking forward to Wednesday/Thursday then.. Pictures please.. :-) Also considering this for my wifes white one.. Not sure about how I feel about white and chrome bling though.. What's your opinion?

It really suits some cars. Case in point, the fiat 500.

Mrs gs has the 'chrome pack' which was specced when ordered.

Perhaps it's the 'retro' styling of the of the car that makes it so you can get 

away with it. But even with a big strip of 'chrome' along the face of each bumper

chrome strips on the front panel, and chrome window surrounds plus a few little

bits inside the car it doesn't look out of place at all.

I think the citigo is too modern and forward looking for this kind of styling tbh.

I think colour matched or contrasting coloured bits will look best on these.

• Like 1

I think the Elegance with the chrome is much better looking than the S spec car which lacks it.  The Citigo is a fairly plain looking little car, lacking the design cuteness of the 500, C1 or Ka or even the nice glass hatch and smiley face of the Up..  Therefore I think it needs a lift in terms of bling

How about a roll of black insulation tape? Not a permanent thing but it will last for long enough to see if you like the look.

Or black latex body paint, it can be brushed on and easily peeled off after. ;)

I think the Elegance with the chrome is much better looking than the S spec car which lacks it.  The Citigo is a fairly plain looking little car, lacking the design cuteness of the 500, C1 or Ka or even the nice glass hatch and smiley face of the Up..  Therefore I think it needs a lift in terms of bling

+1 - although IMO the smiley face and glass hatch of the UP is it's downsides.. UP = Contemporary, Citigo = more or less Timeless

BTW: Anyone know if the distance between the tail lights of the Citigo and the Up are the same?

Edited by WhiteRider

Found a pic of a Red Citigo with plain black grille surround.

T2eC16JHJF0FFDyI9elBR-0uWNgmw60_3_zpsca6

Didn't think I would say this... but I PREFER the Chrome  :o

And on that bombshell...Goodnight

Cheers

Damo

If I were to go black on mine I suspect I would go for Metallic Black on the upper grill surround and and on the lid of the lower grill.. Would complement each other quite well I think..

I ordered these chrome bits: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-CITIGO-CHROME-SIDE-DOOR-INDICATOR-SURROUND-TRIM-COVERS-SET-STEEL-/200867317717?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec4a007d5

!Bt3m9cgB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjYEvlLU3VbCBL9zMnm

and these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK4-MK5-CHROME-DOOR-HANDLES-GTI-GTDI-R32-FSI-1-8T-AUDI-TT-VW-/280724179697?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACitigo&hash=item415c770af1

4DR_HANDLE_NEW.JPG

My 15.000km oil change is coming in early september - I have asked them to remove the Skoda and citigo texts on the hatch (the green of the citigo is not my thing). 

So, a little chrome on and a little off :)

Hope that ebay chrome doesn't look too tacky...

So, did it arrive?? - quite eager to see if I should throw some Money at it as well.. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well I finally got that crome front bumper lid, for some strange reason I could not get it from my local dealer, they never heard of crome ones, only colored, so I bought it from Superskoda.com.

Its made of plastic, not that its bad I just expected it to be metal, but  it look really good and dont have the "cheap chrome plastic made in china" feel, and it removes the worry about rust, so I'm all in all very pleased with it, and it really look good on my car IMO :-)

post-104762-0-40221800-1394290179_thumb.jpg