headlights

seanw

Fitted a set of headlights at the weekend. I wanted factory xenons but after phoning and e mailing wingmirror woman of e bay a few times with no response I looked else where. I got a set of angel eye projectors off e bay. Only problem was they were for LHD. I took a gamble on them as they were cheap.

I knew the pattern of the light would be wrong so when they came I split them and changed the cutout behind the projector so the high side of the beam would be shining on the left instead of the right. There was also no park light bulb in them so I fitted one. I had planned to use the rings as DRLS.

I also fitted a 5000k hid kit. I hid all the wiring in the lamp and screwed the ballast to the back.

I wired the rings so they come on when the ignition is turned on and go out once the park lights are switched on.

Off

DSC_0378_zpsb4b51591.jpg

DRLS

DSC_0382_zps6136eabf.jpg

Dipped

DSC_0383_zpsb65feeb1.jpg

I also rigged up a pair of windscreen washer jets as headlamp washers. I hope to get the factory fitted ones sometime soon.

DSC_0384_zps72845b31.jpg

I also put a light smoke tint on them. I need to get them focused also

Christ thats some good work! Thats what you call enginuity.

By the way where did you get your front badges from?

Cheers!

Main dealer for the badges. Same one on the back http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/284590-new-style-badges-fitted/?hl=%2Bnew+%2Bbadges#entry3371924

Have you got more info on the washer jets? Look good!

Washer jets cost me about 10 quid! About 5quid for two new jets from skoda and another 5 for 2 meters of piping and a T connection. I used a pump from a MK3 Mondeo that I had lying about (for the window washers) like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-MONDEO-MK3-windscreen-WASHER-PUMP-2001-2003-mk-/330678512188?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AMondeo%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+III&hash=item4cfdf9aa3c although you would be better off getting one from a saloon as it will only have 1 outlet pipe and you only need the one. I just blocked off the second one on mine. Then I just wired it up to the screen washer pump so they both come on at the same time.