Best vRS MKIII deals so far

^^^^^ This would be true if you can find an investment that paid a decent amount of interest. I also take the point on the large deposit, but for some people the lower monthly payments are more important.

Im paying cash. I would need the finance over 5 years which they dont do plus I dont want anyone else owning my car for 3 years lol. I got a cracking discount of 11% off plus a good p/x for my old octy.

• Like 1

That's only £350 more than the cheapest vrs without VAT and zero OTR stuff!!! Def can't be right surely??

Hence my what in the stewie style.

Let's put it this way at that price I would change my view on the mk3 ;-)

• Like 1

I bought one anyway haha. But I would be mightily peeved if that's the kind of discount available lol

It does happen, like 3 months after getting my citigo they do 0% finance.....typical.

TBH I don't think the prices will drop much, but at the rate the dealer is calling me to see if I've changed my mind, maybe they are not selling as well as they hoped?

It sounds like the 0% deal will be ending. Perhaps the vat free will appear again.

Spoke to my dealer today and told him im ordering indec for march, also to see if any further incentives come on. He reckons the 0% deal will be staying for the foreseeable future as they are selling well.

Ridgeway Skoda are offering via an online broker a discount of £3135 off a petrol estate.

But does say 0% is subject to change the amount of discount.

have you got a link for this? might get tempted at that sort of discount.....

have you got a link for this? might get tempted at that sort of discount.....

That discount is not on the 0%. Cash only sale.

See Carwow.co.uk.

Best discount I've got so far including the 0% deal is £1100

That discount is not on the 0%. Cash only sale.

See Carwow.co.uk.

Best discount I've got so far including the 0% deal is £1100

yes I had a quick look at carwow earlier and the figures were

£23790 - std petrol estate

£21173 - carwow price

£2617 - saved

A £3135 saving brings the cash price down to £20655 - a £10k loan is 'only' adding £740 to the price over 3 years........hmmmm

So are you saying carwow use Ridgeway or was the £3135 on  a different model and/or broker?

Cheers

Are people managing £1000 off from dealers with the 0% deal?

I did (plus a good guaranteed P/X) - although I had to shop around a bit first, closest dealers were not really interested, ones down the road were.

Edited by thebigred

Mine was not on a standard car but with options. as below

Enter the Offer ID when prompted and ask to speak to Simon Li

Offer Details

This offer is for the exact Skoda Octavia Estate you configured:

NEW OCTAVIA ESTATE 2.0 TSI VRS 5DR DSG £25,180 SOLID - CANDY WHITE - SKODA £0 ADDITIONAL OPTIONS £5,655 See all additional options 

TOTAL RRP £30,835 YOUR OFFER £27,700 YOUR SAVING £3,135  

Dealer confirmed as follows:

Good Afternoon Michael

Unfortunately 0% finance would not be applicable to this offer as this is for outright purchase. However if you require 0% finance this would be quoted at the full RRP as the interest would be paid by the dealer. 

Where are you based mate? I tried a Scottish dealer who said outright no to discounts

I did (plus a good guaranteed P/X) - although I had to shop around a bit first, closest dealers were not really interested, ones down the road were.

Where are you based mate? I tried a Scottish dealer who said outright no to discounts

I'm based in the south dude, near Basingstoke.

The first dealer I went to wasn't that keen, although did mention a discount but we never actually managed to talk about numbers. I went in to the one I eventually did a deal with and said that I'd had a quote from an internet broker, would they like to beat it. They seemed pretty keen for the business.

I think you'll find that as you come closer to the end of the 0% deal you might find it harder to get a good discount. It might be worth trying towards the end of this month, then again if your dealer has made their quota of sales for that month they might not need to offer a discount.

In the end they never even asked to see the internet brokers quote I got (which is good because orange wheels don't provide written ones unless you pay £30) - you will need some form of quote or offer from somewhere else to get yourself the discount really, otherwise the dealer has no reason to drop the price.

If you were closer I'd offer to come with anyone and pretend to be their other half, getting the deal was kinda fun, waiting is not so much fun! LOL