The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Prefer the scout Yeti, Urban looks too low, shame to lose the round fogs as these distinguished it from other designs, the new "corporate" front makes it look too corporate and like many fronts of other manufacturers cars. Happy I got a pre FL, however will trade in values start to drop once FL comes out.

I like the facelift. Now eagerly awaiting specs/prices.

Apparently further details and/or pics will be published in Autocar magazine on sale tomorrow (and presumably via their website).

Click on the photo!  If you do you will get a bigger picture and see everything is still green LED and what you are seeing is the red markers for the "hot" side of the temperature controls.   :giggle:

Yep... you are right... I didn't click on the picture... :wall:

Long time no comments - missing my Yeti - so been waiting for the FL photos to see what's coming soon.

Quite like the renders, so looking forward to seeing more photos and pricing as I could quite easily be tempted back from the VW fold.

The Scout type looks OK, yes I would have preferred the distinctive round fogs to remain, but some of the other changes are better. Particularly the rear bumper that is not all plastic colour now, but incorporates the off road bit and a body colour bit. I do like that.

Sad to hear that like the Superb FL it won't get new tech due to being on an older platform that the Octy3 though. Makes the financial hit to upgrade less attractive.

Skoda, if you are reading this borrow my reg plate for a few brochure pics and give me a discount! :D

• Like 1

Positive reactions here too!

I like the crisp bonnet lines that lead to the wing mirrors. Makes the whole front end a tighter design.

However - and this might be a problem with the computer image, the rear window and the windscreen both appear to be deeper by a couple of centimetres, and the side windows, too, appear a tad larger. Probably just an impression.

Sorry still not keen even with the more offroad look, although it's better than the lowered chav wagon urban version.

Don't suppose there will chance of a very cheap stock to clear current L&K going when these things hit the road :giggle:  as I've got a feeling already this won't be my next Skoda when I eventually come to change.

TP

• Like 1

FL looks ok to me, prefer the scout to the urban. I wouldn't want a lower car, the main appeal for me is the higher drive/better visibility thing.

Now we need some funky colours for it. They could bring back the tangerine metallic, that would be nice with brown leather.

• Like 3

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/frankfurt-motor-show/revised-skoda-yeti-revealed

Engines carried over....but 7 Speed DSG on the 1.6TDI

I think they are keeping the rear door spare wheel secret until Frankfurt :giggle:

Personally I hope they call the versions Urban and Adventure....Scout sounds a bit dreary to me.

I suspect Adventure will not be used as its the same as the run out special

.....Magnetic Brown wheels.......so that it sticks to them better than blanket!......not for me thank you

....no mention of the 16 inch wheel option I expected to be called simply 'Pb'....of course with a longer 'lead' time. Too early ...I will get my coat

I've followed this thread with great interest and whilst I'd reserve a final comment till after seeing it in the 'metal' I have to say that IMHO I much prefer the current design.  It seems to have so many different surfaces on each panel.  I wonder what it will look like after a run in the country after it's rained? 

Tiny bit "Tiguan" but still unique and very much a Yeti :-) in my opinion.

I'm so pleased they haven't yet tried to follow the others and produce something so generic you'd have to read the badge to see what it is (Kia Sportage, Honda Crv, Toyota Rav4). Although of course it's a "facelift" which means the actual "New" model will follow at some point too,although I'm still confident that Skoda will make something a little bit unique again when the time comes.

Looks good from Press release with maybe some hidden extra costs (optional led rear lights etc.)

Mentions 3 petrol engines but doesn't specify which come with DSG.

Assume they are 1.2, 1.4, and 1.8. No mention of any engine updates.

The wheel program has been expanded with four newly designed, attractive alloy wheel designs. There is now a wider selection of colours available, including four new metallic finishes – ‘Moon-White’, ‘Jungle-Green’, ‘Metal-Grey’ and ‘Magnetic-Brown’. The latter is a Yeti L&K exclusive. 

Are they saying these are wheel colours or new car colours?  :wonder: 

I've just ordered my pre FL yeti so was really nervous about the FL photos in case I LOVED the new design. A 2 wheel drive engine is vital for me, so would my only option with the new FL model be an 'urban'? I presume the scout model will only be 4x4?

I think it's just poor English Marie.( lost something in translation perhaps?)

I think they meant to say ..."a wider selection of Body colours available"..

It made me read that paragraph 2 or 3 times to get the meaning.

• Like 2

Disappointing for me, personally, at least as far as I can judge so far, in that the engine choice is reportedly unchanged.

Having come to the conclusion that the CR170 really isn't that economical unless you're making longer journeys regularly (and could scarcely be described as refined), I was looking for a comparably powerful petrol, preferably with DSG. But the existing 1.8TSi has fairly poor mpg and CO2 for its size, by modern standards, plus at 160bhp isn't that powerful. No mention of stop/start at this stage, which would improve the mpg/CO2 so I guess that's probably not happening or it would have been highlighted in the press release.

Also, no mention of whether the 1.8TSi (assuming it still exists) will be available with DSG, but again no news isn't good news.

I really was looking for some improvement in the engine line-up for me to stay with the Yeti, but while I'll reserve judgement until the facts are better established, it's not looking promising right now.

• Like 1

It is sad that there are no stop start engines across the board. The 1,8 is still mentioned Prodata. Just no mention of DSG. But you get that already just not in the UK.

As to the brown interior: it's already pictured above. I think the brown interior will be an L&K exclusive and as at present a no choice option. You have brown or buy an Elegance. I love that brown leather. Very subtle and thankfully they left the steering wheel black.

Other new things: a removable LED boot light. Yay. And a tray for high viz vests under the driver's seat and a rubbish bin. LOL.