The Skoda Yeti FL Discussion thread

Do you like the Yeti FL  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Yeti FL?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you miss the front fog lights? (multiple choice answers possible)

• Yes
    • No
    • Looks fine without
    • Looks worse without
  3. 3. Has the FL made you more inclined to buy a new Yeti

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I saw a Shark Blue Yeti in Lee's car park at Preston Motors this very morning! It does look good. But Metal Grey a tad classier albeit a bit sober like my Steel Grey.

Steel Grey, with a hint of brown  :giggle:  Spotted your car from a mile off earlier, you must have been in at the crack of dawn  :yawn:

• Like 1

Steel Grey, with a hint of brown  :giggle:  Spotted your car from a mile off earlier, you must have been in at the crack of dawn  :yawn:

If you call 8:00 the crack of dawn.   :giggle:

Is it my imagination or does the rear bumper now have a slight slope where it meets the tailgate? If so it removes the water trap of the current one.

Fred

Finally some photos of the City version in a colour other than bloody white. And this from someone that likes white. They look fine in other colours since the body colour valance and bumpers aren't so massive looking.  CLICK ON the pics since they are quite a bit larger than they appear here.

skye40_5278fbba1a92e.jpg

This rear three quarter view is now my favourite view of the Yeti. Simple, sober with no jewelry.  Then you get to the nose and it is just a tad too busy...

skye20_5278fbb955a71.jpg

Oh and a BROWN one which is in a peculiar spec (that we won't get in the UK) i.e. an L&K in City trim:

skye22_5278fbb9761f0.jpg

Is it my imagination or does the rear bumper now have a slight slope where it meets the tailgate? If so it removes the water trap of the current one.

Fred

You could be right there.  Look at this pic:

http://www.autorevue.cz/ShowArticleImages.aspx?id_file=903476763&article=27937

8:00    :yes:  :rofl:

Why does the indoor version have the look alike silver undertrays?

Also I think they look nowhere as good as the Outdoor.

I think I've mentioned the Indoor/Outdoor styling before - the indoor being more in line with the looks of the Qashqais, Kugas etc (maybe trying to tap in to that market a bit more) and the Outdoor being closer to the 'old' Yeti which does make it stand out a bit more, not nearly as much as the current one mind. All speculation on my part, but it could be feasible  :think:

• Like 2

First real picture I have seen of metal grey beginning to think I prefer it to the jungle green we have ordered. Is it darker than the steel grey?

It's quite a fair bit darker than Steel Grey yes.

Food for thaught! its a steel grey you have Johann? My dad had a grey Tourag last year it looks similar. Which blue is it behind the dark mato brown?

Mine is Steel Grey yes.  The blue next to the brown one is Lava Blue.  See the colour swatch photo that was posted in the second to last photo album link:

http://www.autorevue.cz/ShowArticleImages.aspx?id_file=801443789&article=27937

Just my personal opinion but I think the lower part of the front bumper on the outdoor is an awful mess of lines and shapes. Looks like plasticky bits of diverse shapes have been glued together.

http://www.auto.cz/faceliftovana-skoda-yeti-prvni-jizdni-dojmy-77651/foto?foto=10

And Ansum that photo is taken at a very flattering angle...  wait until you get closer and see the huge hideous gaps in the main grille proudly displaying the radiator and what not behind.  It is really not nice.  But I've posted pics of that and said this before earlier in this thread...

Makes the front end of my Yeti look quite attractive in comparison.

Definitely no top stylists from VAG ever worked on the FL Yeti!

And yet a lot of us think the "old" Yeti was much better.

• Like 2

And yet a lot of us think the "old" Yeti was much better.

... or "is" if I may! (in my case at least, as I'm still waiting for delivery of a brand new "old" one due to the end of this week!)

Wasn't it suggested here recently that it might suitably be referred to as the 'Classic Yeti'?  Any other suggestions?  (Possibly a new thread...)

I like that. Since we are all apparently Classics that drive Yetis we might as well call our car a Classic.   :giggle:

Yup...

Yeti Classic

Yeti City

Yeti Coutdoor oops... too many Cs - Outdoor.

• Like 1

Yeti Classic

Yeti City

Yeti ...Outdoor.

Bug-eye

Indoor

Outdoor

Johann's list would probably be more widely (= politely) acceptable but The Boss's would be more for the 'In-Crowd', perhaps?  Either way, what Continental image-maker dreamed up the UK name 'Outdoor', apparently without understanding the obvious connotations?