What Car - '2014 Skoda Yeti Revealed'

docc

Clearly you've not read the other thread where some have expressed disquiet about the shape of the fog lights :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Hmmmmm, Nice. :)

In truth, though, the most significant changes come in the cabin, the engine and transmission line-up, and the standard equipment list.

In truth, surely the most significant changes are the exterior design!? :wall:  

• Like 1

What Car - never knowingly praising the Yeti.

It's a sad reflection on today's journalistic standards, since if you're ever in a position where you know about something, you can be sure any press report will be hopelessly inaccurate!

I cite a recent Times report on Derbyshire holiday cottages to rent - example a lodge on the Calke Abbey Estate - 'ideal for yomping in the Peak District' - well yes, if you drive 40 miles north first - to$$ers :)

• Like 2

Peeps, there is already a long thread on this matter.

Do we really need another one?

I thought this one was just to point out that What Car are a bunch of tools.

Which I already know, hence I never go near the mag or the site. :)

• Like 2

Funny they also reckon bi xenon will be available for the first time. Isn't that what I have on my 2011 elegance?

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2014-skoda-yeti-revealed/266460

Tempted (despite the big drop in reliability according to Which?) - unless there are some very big discounts to be had on the 'old' model!

How can there be a drop in reliability when the car isnt even on general sale yet, & been run by thousands of people for at least 6 months to feedback reliabilty issues.

How can there be a drop in reliability when the car isnt even on general sale yet, & been run by thousands of people for at least 6 months to feedback reliabilty issues.

Existing shape. Last year's report showed 5 star reliability but this year's dropped it to 3 star for various problems that showed up in the last year.

Existing shape. Last year's report showed 5 star reliability but this year's dropped it to 3 star for various problems that showed up in the last year.

Does anyone seriously believe the Which data though? Apart from anything else it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to drop from 5* to 3* in a single year. In all probability it's sampling error and the Yeti is really no different from most other modern cars in having no serious defects and a typical average 4* reliability, at least in the first few years of ownership. Certainly no obvious reason why the Yeti should be different from other models in the VW stable using much the same mechanical parts from the same suppliers.

Does anyone seriously believe the Which data though? Apart from anything else it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to drop from 5* to 3* in a single year. In all probability it's sampling error and the Yeti is really no different from most other modern cars in having no serious defects and a typical average 4* reliability, at least in the first few years of ownership. Certainly no obvious reason why the Yeti should be different from other models in the VW stable using much the same mechanical parts from the same suppliers.

There's no particular reason not to believe it - for the simple reason that it was based entirely on survey reports submitted by members and non-members.  The 2012 survey gave it 5 stars for reliability, but there were enough reports of reliability problems by the 2013 survey to cause them to take the unusual step of dropping it right down to 3 stars.  There were a number of electrical problems, along with problems with the automatic transmission, as I recall.

My guess is that VW forced up the speed of the production line to meet the demand and deal with the waiting list, and that that impacted on quality.  That's where VW themselves went wrong a few years ago (along with Mercedes and Toyota).  Accountants rule, OK?

Funny they also reckon bi xenon will be available for the first time. Isn't that what I have on my 2011 elegance?

Just proves car review sites can't read.

It means the bi-xenons now have the option of integrated LED drl's.

A tad too generic & "corporate  identity" around the front end for my tastes, not quite as quirky as the original, love or loathe it, but basic structure & packaging still the same.

Not too radical an effort for a facelift.

Do Skoda provide the vest?

Maybe us females could use it to store our lipstick and blusher instead   :makeup:  :rofl: 

Judging by the size of the vest holder (as posted here) I think your lipstick and blusher will roll around a LOT making a lot of noise!

In this foul Scottish weather I suspect Marie will not be driving round without her vest on - plenty room for lipstick blusher and a flask of coffee .

[shivering after returning from two weeks of sunny Dutch and German camping]  :rain:  :o