Suspension / Steering issue

That's a good question, but I had no wish to give them the upper hand.

Sounds like they've already got it. Call them and tell them you'll no longer pay for it and you're going to speak to the financial ombudsman.

If it is on finance just deal with the finance company. Tell them to deal with VW.

Ask them to freeze all payments and interest (if there is any) until this is sorted out, and provide you with an alternative means of transport as you refuse to drive a car that has officially been classed as dangerous.

That's a good question, but I had no wish to give them the upper han

Sounds like they've already got it. Call them and tell them you'll no longer pay for it and you're going to speak to the financial ombudsman.

Not exactly, if I had stopped paying they would've towed the car away and cocked up my credit rating etc. As it happens the reason they have a report is because the financial ombudsman forced their arm to pay for another inspection. 

• Like 1

If it is on finance just deal with the finance company. Tell them to deal with VW.

Ask them to freeze all payments and interest (if there is any) until this is sorted out, and provide you with an alternative means of transport as you refuse to drive a car that has officially been classed as dangerous.

It's being sorted as we speak, i'm just annoyed that it's taking so long, whilst the car i'm left with is still a pile of c**p!  

• 1 month later...

At last, the end is nigh. The car will be collected next week and it looks like it's going straight to auction, says a lot! I am getting ready to write my review on the dealers involved.

At last, the end is nigh. The car will be collected next week and it looks like it's going straight to auction, says a lot! I am getting ready to write my review on the dealers involved.

Glad to hear it's finally going. Been following the thread since the beginning. Sounds like you've had an absolute nightmare. You might want to publish the reg number once you've got rid so that any potential Octavia owners can steer clear of this lemon.

Glad to hear it's finally going. Been following the thread since the beginning. Sounds like you've had an absolute nightmare. You might want to publish the reg number once you've got rid so that any potential Octavia owners can steer clear of this lemon.

Cheers, what's annoyed me more is that I was willing to discuss buying a replacement car from the same dealer, I called in at the weekend and left a message for the general manager to ring me to discuss. They couldn't even be bothered to respond to my message. This typifies the whole scenario and sums it up for me. No more Skoda.

If you come across a silver 13 plate Octavia Elegance for sale in the next few weeks, then please PM me and I will be happy to confirm the reg number. Mind you the test drive should give it away!

Edited by Leonblue

On a more positive note, since the problem was acknowledged and they started to take my case seriously, both Skoda UK executive team and VWFS have been excellent. I now have (most of) my money back and the car is due to be collected next week.

I'm not going to buy another Skoda as promised and I'd hate anyone to think of me as a hypocrite so I'm going to lease one instead. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Much be

Nice one!

I'm loving the L&K as well :)

Yes these finely honed production models are far better than our early 'prototypes'.

Edited by Leonblue

Do the finely honed models have suspension yet?

Well I shouldn't really comment now as my Elegance was not a representative example. But the difference between the two cars is night and day. 

• Like 1

Well I shouldn't really comment now as my Elegance was not a representative example. But the difference between the two cars is night and day. 

Eyup, as I am one of the early adopters of the prototype model with an April 2013 build Elegance, and whilst I can say my car is not severely affected by booming or handling problems, it is affected on certain roads and is by far the generally worst damped car I have owned, so I was waiting with interest to see if SUK will issue an official "recall" for the rear shocks and the hatch lid buffers or if they will continue to bury their heads in the sand unless individuals progress specific warranty claims?? :think:

If anyone has had any confirmation from dealers that fixes are now "official" and whether or not they are waiting for customers to complain or if they will recall vehicles with the affected prototype parts, I would be interested to hear your experiences. :wait:

Edited by Matt Pez

I'm actually thinking compared to the Octy as a whole, not just your previous model. Think they forgot to fit suspension on my car!

Eyup, as I am one of the early adopters of the prototype model with an April 2013 build Elegance, and whilst I can say my car is not severely affected by booming or handling problems, it is affected on certain roads and is by far the generally worst damped car I have owned, so I was waiting with interest to see if SUK will issue an official "recall" for the rear shocks and the hatch lid buffers or if they will continue to bury their heads in the sand unless individuals progress specific warranty claims?? :think:

If anyone has had any confirmation from dealers that fixes are now "official" and whether or not they are waiting for customers to complain or if they will recall vehicles with the affected prototype parts, I would be interested to hear your experiences. :wait:

Worst damped? Worst suspension full stop. Its as if they put sporty suspension on a family car.

My car see's a small fault in the road ahead and I get a warning message through the speakers- "James, prepare for another broken back".

Apart from that, she's a peach of a car, and she is always kind enough to warn me when she see's a slight imperfection in the tarmac ahead!

• Like 2

My vrs estate makes a bit of road noise on some surfaces but it has mildly sporty suspension, lowish profile tyres and a big open cabin. Its no louder than any other "sporty" estate I've had. The suspension itself is pretty composed and smooth, could really do With being firmer!

I'm not denying other people have cars with an issue though mine appears sound

• Like 1

Not sure if you are keeping track of the 'booming noise' thread but there are definite reports that dealers are now replacing rear shocks when the customer complains as Skoda have officially recognised the problem. Even here in Australia.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1