Creeking

SkodaRS

My 1 year old vRS has developed another annoying creak coming from somewhere on the drivers side of the car, either front or back door (Or Both!). Not there all the time, just every now and again, :mad: Booked in to the dealer so see what they come up with. Got a feeling it may have something to do with the window runners???

Any of you guys had a similar problem:confused:

Still think it's a cracking motor all the same:D, Have to ask, why is it that people who own Golf TDi's always always try it on with a vRS, fools!! ;)

Could be the door rubbers have dried out, happened to me. get hold of a silicon spray and lubricate the rubbers, that should sort it.

I get all kinds of cars trying it on, but I leave most for dust.

Happy to report my car is pretty much creak free at the moment. I can't get over the way the passenger side wing mirror glass vibrates though, when I play my hard dance classics CDs. The driver's side doesn't do it? :speaker:

smiley-faces18.gif

I had very annoying creaking on 2 year old Octavia, also have friend who had Laurin & Clement with really awful creaking from front.... both cars now cured by replacement of anti-roll bar bushes.... noise seems to transmit through bodywork and sounded like it could be all sorts of things in floorpan or door area. This type of thing really lets the car down down though.... its such a good car that you just don't expect nasty cheap sounding noises intruding. Hope you will get dealer to sort it out, if they spend too much time doing warranty fixes for this type of thing maybe they will pay more attention to the standards that an enthusiastic Skoda driver wants nowadays.

• Administrators

As Hugo stated, very similar noise began on mine, could be replicated by full lock and compressing the front wing (drivers side). Garage lubricated and tightend bits and bobs. Was geat for 2 days then moved to near side tinking as you turned wheel when stationary.

Should go and get that sorted aswell I guess.

I too had a creaking noise, which got worse as time wore on...

my dealer has just replaces the anti roll bushes and strut braces (i think) at the front, all under warranty. The car is now creak free!

Good luck with yours,

Keoghan

Another possibility -

I had an annoying creak when cornering or going over bumps in the road, dealer sorted it our yesterday, it came from the mountings that hold the back seat in place, just needed adjusting.

Go out for a spin with two people in the back seat, if it's all quiet that's probably the source. :)

My car is booked in for the 8th of September (I can't get it earlier to them) to resolve the drivers seat creak I have. Have lived with it for 3 months, but its getting more and more annoying.

Just a quickie re Anti-roll bar noises -- the noises on these things are very common on A3/TT -- there is a plastic bush which is part of the roll bar that comes loose - and makes the noise - replacing the rubber bush's will shut it up for a while -- the proper repair is to replaced the bush's AND the anti-roll bar itself.

• 1 month later...

Found this old message line from a search ......

because I am going to have to get the bushes on the front anti-roll bar of my 4*4 replaced again because they are groaning / sqeaking at every opportunity ........

is this going to become an ongoing saga , I wonder ?

Are there any heavy duty bushes or simple remedies ?

Yep

Same as Greg, spent ages trying to find the blasted creak, in the end gave up & got the dealer to look at it & it was the rear seat that needed adjusting, still cant believe it as it didnt sound like it was coming from there, sounded like the rear door area.

stuart

hey guys

on my 2001 octavia tdi ...i changed the bushes first @ 30.000km then @ around 50.000 km and then i asked the dealer if there weren't any heavy-duty ones... the guy there put on a new collar with a stripe in the middle and the new bushes have a "rising" (donno how to say that in english) that fits right in the stipe of the collar....haven't changed them since then...much better then the "model" i had before...

i'm talking about the anti-roll bar bushes ....btw :)

if anyone interested i could ask the guy @ the dealership what the code of it is

have a good weekend

Originally posted by daewoo321 in this post

if anyone interested i could ask the guy @ the dealership what the code of it is

Yes please. Other members may find it useful to be able to quote that info.