Spoiler? Yes or No?

Fergster

The goodies I had ordered from skodadop, have just arrived.

I have taped the spoiler to the car to get an idea of what it might look like. I'm just wondering what everyones educated view of it is? I had thought about painting the spoiler white to tie in with the body colour but I'm think now the black matches my colour scheme well. As you can see I also got the yeti footprint cover for boot badge.

post-103241-0-31783200-1377274870_thumb.jpgpost-103241-0-55747500-1377275090_thumb.jpgpost-103241-0-83411200-1377275134_thumb.jpgpost-103241-0-19853400-1377275229_thumb.jpgpost-103241-0-39744400-1377275271_thumb.jpg

I think it would likely work in either colour.

How tricky would it be to paint it? Is it worth the hassle if it looks ok as it is anyway? 

These are the questions I'd be asking myself.

The door footprint badge looks GREAT.  :thumbup:

But sorry to say the spoiler looks tacky, and does nothing to the aesthetics of the car.  :sick:

Once again Marie very true words. Seems a lot on here enjoy playing the devils advocate lol.

I just like bouncing ideas of folk to see what their opinions are. Everyone has their own individual taste. I just like to make mine a little different from the bog standard model.

All down to personal taste but personally I am with macdemon too, a bit tacky, as the name of it suggests it is a SPOILer 

One thing though whilst on spoilers, I took a Honda Accord estate on a test drive in the rain a few years ago and the way the spoiler was designed on that made air rush down the rear of the car, the effect was that not a drop of rain touched the rear window when driving a long, I thought this good attention to detail.

Can't edit - wanted to add:

It might keep the rear window cleaner in the wet if it actually works - let us know.

+1

I am also interested in a cleaner rear window.

How does it fit, double sided tape, screws etc.?

tom

A cleaner rear window was another reason to give this a go.

It's designed to be bonded on with the likes of tiger seal or sikaflex. If I do go ahead and fit it I might try it with trim tape. That way if it doesn't work out it can be removed easily enough. A lot of the BMW guys are bonding their lip spoilers with trim tape.

I would paint it, because the plastic is not the same colour as the trims to either side of the back window.

You can see it's an untreated part rather than a black part.

• Like 1

I'm still not sure about them, but would be interested to see the effect it has on the rear window "problem". The answer is probably to fit it with trim tape and see how it goes.

Could you get it wrapped in white? Might be easier than getting it painted.

I think in black it looks to much like a bit that has been added on as an afterthought so I would go with white vote.

Spoilers aren't to my taste but then I've added wind deflectors to mine because for me they perform a useful purpose but I'm sure others will think they spoil the Yeti's looks.

It's your car, so if it makes you happy go for it.

Contary to most, I quite liked the spoiler, but not liking the badge.  

Piano black maybe, as mentioned, or at least blending in with the surrounding blacks.   Maybe in real life, the match is better than the photos. 

The little lip on my octy estate does seem to improve rear vision a little. Interesting to see if it works here, keeping the rear window clean.

Fergster,it is really up to you - black or white. However, I like it as it is, because it fits in with the rest of the black parts; for example the rear bumper. I like to personalise my vehicles too. But why personalise? To make it yours, your own and a little different to others. So if it is painted white, which will have to match the finish of the rest of the paintwork, will it just blend in and become unnoticeable? I like my personalising to be slightly subtle and not to stand out like a pair of dog's ..... Therefore I would not go to the expense of buying a spoiler, having it painted to become so subtle that it is unnoticeable.

Well, you asked for opinions and this is mine, but whatever you decide I sincerely hope you are happy with it and enjoy your personalised Yeti every day. After all, it is YOUR YETI!

• Like 2

Fergster, I have a curiosity question for you. Do check the fuel economy of your Yeti for a month or two after fitting the spoiler and report if the spoiler has made any changes to the fuel economy? Thanks.