DIY Black upgrade kit..

Yeah, the review says something about it being painted. I've ordered one.. It would cost me £30 to have one wrapped like I did on my MK2.

Will post back when/if it arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk the free non retired version!

The part number suggests that the Skodadop grill is OEM?

I would also like to see how people removed the original grill, I don't care if I break the old silver one. I'm going to get a trim removal set for the side mirrors anyway (AUD $15) and then have a crack at the grill surround. Is there a risk of breaking the silver surround off and blocking the clips or inserts from the new surround to clip in?

Another addition I wanted to do is add the bumper protector in the same colour as the surround, has anyone added this to their Liftback? Hard to picture it on Race Blue.

Edited by mazstar1980

Why not do the grill, roof bars, and other parts to be black with Plastidip?

Cheaper and very nice result and durable.

the mk3 grill is welded/bonded to the front bumper assy,unless the latest cars have been modified

My grill surround from skodadop has been dispatched and I can see the £35 pre authorisation on my credit card.

Worrying now that it'll be a big job, I think I might get someone to do it properly...

Do you know how many days will take to get the grill?

Waiting for your feedback.

Nope. They sent me a tracking number, but I need to translate it as I don't know which courier it is!

I will try plasti dip in my front grille and windows trim/surround, this week  :whew:

Here it is!

Front chrome grill and window trim with plasti dip!

Very happy with the final result! Let´s see how many months will last  :p

Mirror black covers already ordered from SuperSkoda, with 20% discount  :thumbup:

29vfgq8.jpg

Chrome window Trim

2i95qi0.jpg

Window trim with plastidip

1444h8l.jpg

11k8f40.jpg

348plw3.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great.

Are the super skoda prices already showing the 20% discount, or do you put a code in?

I ordered from Skodadop and it took 1 week to arrive.

Steve

Thanks Steve, any issues with the parts you ordered? Their prices are pretty competitive.

It'll be another 3/4 weeks before I get the car, it's dragging :(

Looks great.

Are the super skoda prices already showing the 20% discount, or do you put a code in?

The discount appears in the checkout.

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, any issues with the parts you ordered? Their prices are pretty competitive.

It'll be another 3/4 weeks before I get the car, it's dragging :(

No problems at all, genuine Skoda parts.. I ordered from them at the time as ordering from skoda dealer was taking weeks and I cancelled and just ordered from these guys. Btw don't follow the postal tracker, I found it was not accurate.

Steve

• Like 1

Thanks. Well I don't know which courier they use and didn't reply to my email when I asked them lol. Hopefully get here the same time as when the car arrives.

I'll also check out super skoda for the mats too

Cheers

Just fitted my black grill,took one week to arrive from Skodadop,came in original skoda packaging,excellent finish

The best part is I timed how long it took me to fit it and it was only 8 minutes from start to finish!

You will break the silver surround doing it this way but you will not damage anything else,

Looking directly down at the grill you can see the chrome bottom clips,I used a hooked pick to lift them until they cracked,now pull the bottom of the surroun towards you sharply,this will release 2 thirds of the surround,now the upsetting part keep pressure on and pull until this part breaks clean away,now you are left with just the top part which you can insert a plastic pry or tape wrapped flat blade behind and gently lever until it's all out,that's it.rough and ready but no damage to anywhere but the grill and the new one just pops in,job done

• Like 1

Excellent, good to hear you are happy with the quality.

I've still not received my grill surround yet, although I have missed a parcel from Yodel, so that might be it. Unusual for a czech company to be using Yodel though?!

Looks good. I've ordered black mirror covers off super skoda.

Great stuff then, the neighbours have it, so will get it tomorrow. Just need the car now.

^^thats good if you get to keep the chrome grill in one piece. I thought it was a bumper off job which would be at least an hours labour..