Proof of free servicing

When the free 3 years servicing is part of the package how do you know it is in place?

Are you given a voucher or do you get some sort of document of entitlement from Skoda.

It's just another piece of paper you have to sign. Dealer keeps a copy, so do you!

By the way, what sort of mileage are you doing? Because it's 3 years or, 30000 miles, whichever comes first. That makes mine just over a year's free servicing! :happy:

• Like 1

Eventually you get a letter confirming it from suk. I chased mine up and finally received 2 copies of it on the same day. One dated 2 months before and one dated 1 month before!

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. My mileage is low each year so it will be an annual service. My current Octy is on variable, but as there are 3 free services I'm happy to go onto fixed.

Thanks for the responses. My mileage is low each year so it will be an annual service. My current Octy is on variable, but as there are 3 free services I'm happy to go onto fixed.

mine's still set to variable but it doesn't affect your free servicing offer- you just need to remember to book it in as the dash light probably won't come on in time. If you've got maxidot you can set it to fixed yourself or get the dealer to change it for you when you get it serviced. I got a letter from SUK confirming the offer a few days after I picked my car up, so depending on how long you've had it you moght want to contact them just to get written proof for your own peace of mind

It will always get put on the fixed term. You can usually transfer to variable once you have used up the three services.

Don't be so sure, Skoda's leave the factory set to variable, not fixed.

If you have the service plan and the dealer doesn't reset the service intervals to fixed then you need to remember to get the car serviced every 10,000 miles or 12 months - the car won't remind you.

Skoda UK don't mind because it potentially saves them the cost of up to two services!

The dealer should mind but a lot of them don't PDI the car properly and leave it set to variable.

• Like 2

Just check the small print as well.

Make sure you get it done on time as there may be a get out clause.

My mother in law passed away in march this year and she had bought a 3 year service plan with her Shogun.

The first service was due in no later that 20th feb as that was 13 months after it was registered.

Due to her being ill then passing away a few weeks later it didn't get done.

We didn't know about the service plan until we checked through the paperwork in early April.

Guess what the local dealer didn't want to honour the first service due to being overdue even though it was well under mileage wise..

She lived mostly in Bridlington and we are in Sheffield

I did manage to get it done through the supplying dealer after speaking to the Sales manager as a goodwill as she was a very good customer.

+1 on the 2 previous posts. some have fell foul of having their car left on variable by an incompetent dealer and then had to jump through hoops arguing the toss with skoda finance to pay for the service when they'd gone over the 12 months 10k.

Eventually you get a letter confirming it from suk. I chased mine up and finally received 2 copies of it on the same day. One dated 2 months before and one dated 1 month before!

Same also happened to me!