Want some steel rims for my monte for winter.

zach1301

Im looking for some help. I want some steel rims to put on the monte in the winter with winter tyres. My question is exactly what size steel rim will i need and what size tyre? I hope I am making some sense?

Thanks

Zach

about £140 for x4 oem steel wheels at rainworth skoda's ebay shop.

though if anyone finds some 15" or 16" oem alloys for around that amount, then i'm all ears. :) i've been debating between alloys and steels for a while and i really need to make my mind up stat.

I was hoping to just pick up some cheap steels.. after loojing into it it seems so much more complicated than I imagined! Anyone got a monte carlo that they put winters on or even a vrs as I think they have the same size rim and tyre as standard

I was hoping to just pick up some cheap steels.. after loojing into it it seems so much more complicated than I imagined! Anyone got a monte carlo that they put winters on or even a vrs as I think they have the same size rim and tyre as standard

the 17inch ones?

Yes, i did that to my monte for 2 winters and fitted these:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?s_p=Nexen-WINGUARD-SPORT-205_40-R17-84V-XL&details=Ordern&typ=D-107350&cart_id=89969388.110.18964&ranzahl=4&Breite=205&Quer=40&Felge=17&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=20&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=Wi&m_s=3&rsmFahrzeugart=PKW

cost me £40 a time to swap and replace the tyres onto the alloys.

they were good in the derbyshire hills and would certainly keep you going where as the summers would be left standing, but as a budget tyre and running on 17 inches, i never felt quite confident with them especially when it came to driving close to snow covered curbs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-SET-FOUR-4-X-6J-X-15-STEEL-WINTER-WHEELS-6Q0601027M03C-/380704140407?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item58a3bc2c77

how cheap is cheap? these brand new steels for £139 seems pretty reasonable to me though i'm sure you could get some second hand ones off ebay :) then pop on some 195/55/r15 winters on it and then you're set. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-SET-FOUR-4-X-6J-X-15-STEEL-WINTER-WHEELS-6Q0601027M03C-/380704140407?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item58a3bc2c77

how cheap is cheap? these brand new steels for £139 seems pretty reasonable to me though i'm sure you could get some second hand ones off ebay :) then pop on some 195/55/r15 winters on it and then you're set. :)

Yes that is very good price! see I just didnt know what to look for! Thankyou very much! will those deffo fit the monte? and then just to get the winters. briskoda is such great place! 

I've got 4 brand new nankang sv2 snow tyres well they have done sub1000 miles (I'm happy with them so don't need reviews) they are 195/50 15 6J. I'm on with using them in the winter but my question is will they be suitable for my monte if I buy some 15" steel rims.

Thanks, Jon

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

I've got 4 brand new nankang sv2 snow tyres well they have done sub1000 miles (I'm happy with them so don't need reviews) they are 195/50 15 6J. I'm on with using them in the winter but my question is will they be suitable for my monte if I buy some 15" steel rims. Thanks, JonSent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Your Speedo will read incorrectly (195/55 15 is the same rolling radius as the monte's 17s). Should be ok apart from that.

That's what I was afraid of. Do you know how much it it would be and which way faster or slower? I have the digital speedo on the maxi dot in mph so could easily do the correction in my head of it saves a few pennies.

I see from the link that the sofa eBay shop in rainford do the rims for £140 will have to see if my dealer will match it. .....

Thanks for the response Jim

I've got 4 brand new nankang sv2 snow tyres well they have done sub1000 miles (I'm happy with them so don't need reviews) they are 195/50 15 6J. I'm on with using them in the winter but my question is will they be suitable for my monte if I buy some 15" steel rims.

Thanks, Jon

I have read good reviews on the nankang sv2's. debating getting them myself when I finally get some rims sorted.

I have read good reviews on the nankang sv2's. debating getting them myself when I finally get some rims sorted.

In the limited miles I used them I am impressed enough to entrust them to my monte....... if I pay more I know I can get better but for £42 a corner is a trade off I'm happy to make. Let's hope I don't live to regret that lol. Highland winters can be a 'wee' bit slippy! (As can anywhere)

That's what I was afraid of. Do you know how much it it would be and which way faster or slower? I have the digital speedo on the maxi dot in mph so could easily do the correction in my head of it saves a few pennies.

I see from the link that the sofa eBay shop in rainford do the rims for £140 will have to see if my dealer will match it. .....

Thanks for the response Jim

You're speedo will read slightly fast.  Good calculator here: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

• Like 1

I spent ages looking on eBay etc, there is some rubbish out there, in the end bought new steel rims from my local skoda dealer for £145. I then went for 195 50 15 as they were a much better price and only 3% smaller, so the Speedo reads 103mph at 100 or 51.5 at 50mph . The Monte has gone sadly, so there are in the parts for sale forum.

Im looking for some help. I want some steel rims to put on the monte in the winter with winter tyres. My question is exactly what size steel rim will i need and what size tyre? I hope I am making some sense?

Thanks

Zach

Steel rims: http://www.skodaparts.com/product/fabia-wheel-15-inch-steel-2000-2013-34992

Tyres - 195/55R15 

Found this company on ebay if anyone is close by to them could be useful.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221181108924?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_626wt_934

Had a quick look at the site, it says the wheels have a offset of 38 and all the wheels mentioned here have an offset of 43. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this so don't exactly know what this means. Could someone enlighten me. .... not that it matters as I have just bought 4 X 15" steelies direct from my dealer for £140 Inc VAT part no. 6Q0601027M03C .

So they are brand new and I plan to use my 195/55 15 6J winter tyres when the time comes. I'm not looking forward to spoiling the cars looks though and making the arches look even more'spacious' than they already are.

Thanks to SkodaParts.com for the info.

Jon

Offset is related to rim width - a 7J rim will have a slightly higher offset to a 6J steel.

As to speedo readings, if you're going to get legal and go with the Construction and Use regulations (which ARE the road law), then I believe a speedo cannot under-read, but can over-read by either 7 or 8% (I forget which it is).  3% is probably the difference between a new tyre from one manufacturer and a worn one from another...