Why buy a Citigo?

EikokuSanzoku

I'm driving down from Harrogate to Sidcup. A roundtrip or 468 miles, my thirst beast will devour over 16 gallons at a cost of £99.

Next weekend I should have my Itty-bit of a car..... for the same money I could drive down to Aosta in Northern Italy!

Well I'm looking forward to seeing 60+mpg.... the beast consumes a gallon every 29 miles or 1ml of petrol.....every 10 metres....

For me it was the running cost and cost of finance! My 75ps elegance with extras will cost me just over £150 a month, where as an ibiza toca satnav but no other extras would cost over 200 with the same deposit! I also looked at a corsa...what a rip off, £230 a month for the special edition, the up! Was also expensive at 190 for the move up 60ps.

Edited by masserator

Ease of driving and parking in a city.

Great value for money to buy and run.

Brilliant 0% financing support.

Enjoyable 'bigger car' driving experience.

Feisty little engine makes interesting sounds :)

Pleasing dealer experience.

• Like 1

Better build quality over other non VAG makes. Cheaper insurance. a small car that can handle 4 6'+ adults with ease. More fun to drive. cheap to maintain and lots of extras as standard.

Both The Mii and the Up were more expensive to buy with the Up going to cost over £3200.00 more for the sake of a VW badge,So 0% finance and no rfl insurance at £93 for the year fully comp( I'm an old git) and no servicing costs and 60+ mpg its a no brain'er.

Because the Bentley GT is too expensive lol

I will probably buy a Citigo or an UP next year because the new Smart will be a crazy price. At the moment a Smart diesel like mine costs £11600.  The brand new model out in 2014 is bound to cost even more than that.  I paid £8500 for my Smart new in 2009.

It will be the Elegance automatic or High UP automatic either with a good discount or pre reg.  I would like the Sport if it was available in automatic.Perhaps by next year it will be,but there is no way i would ever have a manual car again in todays crazy stop start traffic.

Cheap running costs, cheap insurance, what appears to be a quality build. Ran a VW transporter before this so coming down a bit in size. Shall just have to put my mountain bike on the roof or take the front wheel off instead.

I'm driving down from Harrogate to Sidcup. A roundtrip or 468 miles, my thirst beast will devour over 16 gallons at a cost of £99.

Next weekend I should have my Itty-bit of a car..... for the same money I could drive down to Aosta in Northern Italy!

Well I'm looking forward to seeing 60+mpg.... the beast consumes a gallon every 29 miles or 1ml of petrol.....every 10 metres....

Been to Aosta many times. Pila/Aosta is my favourite mountain bike resort.

Hi -are the wipers, indicators and light switches in similar positions to the yeti? My wife doesn't like swapping from my yeti to her yaris because of this and as a result tends to use the yeti and I get stuck with the yaris.

citigo same as fabia mk1 and mk2, also my Octavia mk1

so I would say very like same as yeti as VAG like common parts they can swap around without re-inventing the wheel

I can tell you indicators, flash main beam and cruise on left hand stalk, wipers on right

Edited by bluecar1
  • Like 1

Drove down to Swanage from Derbyshire Saturday for hols. Been to Bournemouth, Weymouth and Dorchester so far and still got over a quarter tank of fuel left. It's a breeze to drive and park got all the luggage in the boot ok, can't fault it.

Edited by MickA

There are so many reasons why you should buy a Citigo. It's so much harder to find a reason why you should NOT buy a Citigo

• Like 1

I can't believe ours is more economical than my fabia greenline II,

SWMBO swapped a mk1 vrs for the citigo, reasons were save money with cheap insurance, no road tax and better economy with the trade off of lower performance

it did everything except the last, its performance is far better than we anticipated, lovely tone about 4k rpm and the induction noise will make the yoof with expensive filters and baked bean can exhaust jealous I think

Edited by bluecar1

......because this is one of the only small cars that is perfect for the city and car park that you can drive long distances with big-car comfort and on cruise control with such little cost? Can't imagine swapping my Fabia for any other small car. PS Glad you are so pleased bluecar1 - love to hear more about how you find the performance (not too lazy when you want to be lazy and not rev it? Is it the 60 or 75?)

PS Glad you are so pleased bluecar1 - love to hear more about how you find the performance (not too lazy when you want to be lazy and not rev it? Is it the 60 or 75?)

quick away from the lights, engine comes alive at 3000rpm if you need a bit of go

else it want to change up at about 1800rpm if you are on a lazy day drive for economy, only time I find you can tell it only has a little 3 pot in front in long slow inclines or short steep inclines, out on motorway you just need to either drop into 4th for a boost or pick a slightly bigger gap than normal

tis 75ps greentech elegance with most of the toys and spare wheel

• Like 1

And just add to my post above, now refilled the tank. I used 31 litres and covered 407 miles so make that just shy of 60mpg. These are brim to brim figures not PID figures, so very pleased with the results for saying I've been bombing around Dorset these last few days and not been purposely economical with the fuel usage.

I'm seriously thinking of swapping my Octavia mk2 tdi, excellent car, for a Citigo as I now do very few miles. Going for a test drive on Friday. i'll probably have one if I can fit my dog cage (and 2 Jack Russells) in the back with the rear seats folded down.