Whistle or cricket noise on low revs

saurabhdutt

Surprise surprise.. Service manager just called me and said its not just the belt anymore as they have tried replacing the belt and swapping few parts from another citigo but the noise keeps on coming back. Now they have made a case and sent it to skoda to see what can they do to fix it.

I mean is it fair for a brand new car to go through all this.

I am sending a rejection letter and taking from there.

Saurabh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

UPDATE:

Yesterday I sent an email to the director of Skoda UK regarding the issue and then I received a call from the head of customer service department regarding the issue. He told me that its too early to accept the rejection (which I knew) and asked for some time to get the issue fixed as the dealer and skoda tech team cant find the issue and this has never happened before with any citigo.

Other things which I noticed that the engine had cobwebs and mud patches under the bonnet and my concern was that I paid £300 for supaguard protection and they didnt even clean the car properly. The management and the head office wasn't happy to see that at all.

He also mentioned that once the issue is resolved and you are happy with it then we will offer you anything as good will gesture.

Keep you posted guys.

S

Could you ask for the new octavia vrs for me please?

On a serious note sorry to hear of your issues but it's a rare occurrence, I'm now on my 3rd new skoda and all have been miles better than other marques.

I'll tell you my history and then you might be able to see where i stand.

March 2013 - I bought a brand new Fiat 500C and after two days the clutch started making some noise it went in for 3 repairs before they realised that we cant fix the issue therefore we'll give you a new car.

June 2013 - I got a replacement Fiat 500C and the very same day it developed the same issue with the clutch. They said its your bad luck and this time they got people over from italy to fix the issue and the issue was resolved in a month.

August 2013 - Fiat's roof started rattling and brakes started to squeak and i decided i have had enough with Fiats and part exchanged with Skoda Citigo.

September 2013 - Skoda CitiGo had the noise issue which is still going on.

HOW UNLUCKY A MAN CAN BE!!!!

I'm not sure if I know what you mean by cricket noise. Is it the noise which you can hear when you push the throttle at low revs? Because my Citigo makes that cricket noise sometimes. And so did the demo car. I think it is called pinking in english. Better ease up throttle or change lower gear. There is sensors for pinking so no harm done if you hear it sometimes. ECU is just taking all out of the engine as it should. ;)

Update:

They have changed the water pump and still the noise comes back once it hits a certain temp. Now, they have been told by Skoda tech to replace the SHAFT which runs the engine. If that doesnt work then they might have to call people from Skoda tech team to come and have a look.

I am getting to impatient now. Cant understand that why cant they just order a new car for me. They are already on the second repair and still cant diagnosed the problem after having to put new parts like: belts, pulleys, water pump and now on to the shaft.

S