iOS 7

RBrocky

Due to my job i am required to be "Technology Agnostic" so i try to keep myself thinking that way, i made my choice as being an iPhone which i deemed to be the best fit for me at the time, i certainly don't think it's the best and i certainly don't think its the worst, in fact i don't think of any handset as being the best, each o/s and model doing some things better than others and some things worse.

you could make a massive list of all the phones on the market highlighting what was a plus and minus for you to make your choice that way if you wanted. 

Can this thread be locked please.

It's just a waste of time now, like every other mobile phone thread on here.

I agree with this totally every phone thread on here ends up turning into this, however what i do find strange is that we all respect (or try to) each others car choices without flippant claims and mocking them, so why does it extend to phones constantly?

• Like 1

I'm still using iOS 5 on an iPhone 3s.

If it ain't broke, why fix it? :)

that's what I would prefer but I started to get apps requesting iOS 6. Maybe more of a problem on a pad than a phone as I find I'm less app bothered on a phone than a tablet.

No doubt 7 will be the same and I'll be 'forced' to upgrade.

Fwiw, I could write a thesis on why I don't like jellybean compared to gingerbread.

I agree with this totally every phone thread on here ends up turning into this, however what i do find strange is that we all respect (or try to) each others car choices without flippant claims and mocking them, so why does it extend to phones constantly?

You've never read the yeti forum? Edited by 'daiking'
  • Like 3

that's what I would prefer but I started to get apps requesting iOS 6. Maybe more of a problem on a pad than a phone as I find I'm less app bothered on a phone than a tablet.

No doubt 7 will be the same and I'll be 'forced' to upgrade.

If you want the latest version of an app then you may be forced to upgrade iOS, but there is also now a "upgrade to most recent version that's compatible with my level of iOS" option as well apparently.

Ok ok.,...

Here are some plus points in view about the new iOS7. Its a refreshing update to the old iOS which in my view was becoming a little stale.....but, and is a big one, this was needed a long time ago. The phone itself looks nice but I am not sure about the so called cheap version. In general the iOS7 is stable enough but like all smart phone OS, will certainly have plenty of faults.... all in all it certainly is a much smoother look.

A big change aesthetically from IOS6, but after playing with it for a day, like most things, I'm getting use to it now and finding a few improvements.

I read on a review that a number of people had made a change in the settings to make the text easier to read, and more akin to IOS6.

This is done by menu -

Settings > General > Accessibility > Bold Text

Toggle Bold Text to 'on'

Reset Phone

I must admit I prefer the way it looks with this option. Much easier to read but with the new look :)

• Like 2

Anyone who has this on thier phone I have a question

Does fingerprint lock work ?

Does anoyone know how apple will fix it when you leave the phone to be fixed with the screen locked - How do they access your phone ?

You can unlock with a passcode rather than print if you like, so you could always give them the passcode. But I'm not sure why you would want Apple, or any repair company, to access your phone and its contents (including emails etc.)? Screen repair should be obvious from the lock screen and anything more internal usually ends up replacing rather than 'fixing' anyway.

I use android for my phone and apple for a tablet as I think android works better as a phone than apple and apple works better as a tablet than android. Simple its personal choice at the end of the day. Although I hate iOS7 but do like the little drag up for screen brightness etc much like android have had for years......... im sure I will get used to the new layout with everything swapped around on safari and the stupid white keyboard, I just dont like a lot of change all at once. Like said and I said on a different forum 7.0.1 will be around the corner from the millions of complaints all ready.

Repeat myself here but its personal preference at the end of the day.

Wife has just upgraded to the 5S. Anyone know how to get the iPhoto, iMovie and all the iWork's (pages,numbers ) for free as it states on the apple website for new devices registered after the 1st September? The App Store still shows the prices??

It's only blurred out when overlaid with the unlock screen, control centre or notification centre, and that's very short-lived.

Overall, I think it's a more 'mature' look to the icons etc...and iOS NEEDED a fresh look, as it was looking rather dull and stayed. 

I like Some ios7 bits, they have put some nice touchesb that were desperately needed, not too keen on the childish look of the main screen icons.

I run both android & iOS and must say in all the time I have had both about 2 years now. Apple has never fallen over at all, totally 100% reliable.

Android on my work phone and nexus 10 is just so glitchy and often just shuts down mid way through something then just reboots itself.