VCP (Vag Can Pro)

hkp

Hi folks,

I'm a big supporter of VCDS, and a licensed user for few years now and have never had any problems with the software.

Recently, I have noticed (normally in Google searches for coding) a 'competitor' called Vag Can Pro. Has anyone used it? Is it better or worse than VCDS or just different? The website is vag-tech.eu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

If I read the website correctly:

€200 to buy with one year of updates.

Each year after that €31 for updates.

Product is still fully functional without the updates though.

The RLS can´t be coded with VCP. There are only two people who have coded the RLS with VCDS. But the two don´t put a Video online of the funktionel Rain Closing ...

Perhaps the say only that it works..

It is defintly not the Problem by the RLS of the MQB 5Q0 955 547. This RLS is also in the Seat Alhambra. There it coud be coded!! Of course the Seat has an other BCM.

http://www.seatforum.de/threads/305909-Regensensor-ohne-Funktion

Sorry for my bad English.

This is interesting. I'm really wanting to get my own vag com type tool, I've had similar utilities in the past for other cars, and now I've got an Octy 2 and the wife has a golf 5 it really would make sense. BUT.. they're both canbus cars so vcds (even registered 99 dollar version) is no use. I want to steer clear of the dodgy pirated vcds thieves. And I think that 250 quid plus is a bit of a steep investment for a home use tool like this for the amount I'd use it. Vcds seems a great bit of kit and well supported, but similar software for other marques can be had far cheaper. So this Vag can pro is looking like a strong contender as a happy medium...

This is interesting. I'm really wanting to get my own vag com type tool, I've had similar utilities in the past for other cars, and now I've got an Octy 2 and the wife has a golf 5 it really would make sense. BUT.. they're both canbus cars so vcds (even registered 99 dollar version) is no use. I want to steer clear of the dodgy pirated vcds thieves. And I think that 250 quid plus is a bit of a steep investment for a home use tool like this for the amount I'd use it. Vcds seems a great bit of kit and well supported, but similar software for other marques can be had far cheaper. So this Vag can pro is looking like a strong contender as a happy medium...

The microcan cable would be a bit cheaper.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have VCDS, VAG CAN pro and Vag Commander

VCDS is what I use the most, and for most coding adaptions etc is the best value for the price

I'm afraid that I have found their customer support has deteriorated recently with several emails not even replied too. which is a real shame

• Like 1

Here are some Photo´s of VCP in use.  To be updated..

https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B5INjAze86wxVFdRV19lTEZrb1k

A new Feature of VCP:

http://www.vag-tech.com/vagcanpro/pdfs/prcoder.pdf

http://www.vag-tech.com/vagcanpro/prcoder_x264.avi

in another Forum a User say:

The new version of VCP 3.57 added a new feature the PR-Codes coding module This function can automatically recode and parametrize the control unit using the coding databases and the options installed in car, which are described by PR-codes. The parametrization writes several data into control unit’s memory and together with well-known coding controls its behavior

Now you can install any additional equipment using the VCP!

• Like 1

i am looking for spezial PR Codes wich are used for EOL Programming like this ones. Spezialy for the Code RAINCLOSING

2H1 = drive select

7L3 = Without start/stop system without regenerative braking

7W0 = Without extended safety syste

7Y0 = Without lane change assistant

7Y1 = Lane change assistant

8G0 = Without light assistant

8G1 = High beam assistant

8T0 = Without cruise control system (CCS)

EM0 = Without Rest Assist

EM1 = Rest Assist (drowsiness detection)

QK0 = Without camera without distance sensor (driver assistance system)

QK2 = Camera without distance sensor (driver assistance system)

QR2 = With traffic sign display

QR0 = Without compass/traffic sign display/ traffic signs recognition

PRCode: QR8 = Without traffic signs recognition

QR9 = With traffic signs recognition

Edited by triumph61

Go to the HP of VCP. You can download a .zip Archive with .prc coding descriptions. Inside you find a lot of interesting Files. (RLS Golf 7 etc).

If i right understand the pr-coding and for example you will get the Rest Assist feature:

open a new .text file und write only ME1 into,  save the file. then open the feature pr-coding, change gateway, connect, load the gateway file, load the .txt file und check.

Iif ok, then do it. The gateway and other ecu are parametrized und coded automatic.

Thats all.

It is nearly the same as VW is programming. Thats called EOL  EndOfLine. On the last places before the car is ready, the ecu are programming with the features.

I am only waiting of an answer fromm vcp if i can use the gateway file of Golf7, because O3 gateway is not listet. Then i will test it.

Edited by triumph61

Oddly, vag-tech.eu came back to me and said that VCP can code the RLS. Ross Tech don't have a solution to the problem yet. I don't think rain closing is an option on Octavia?

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

Works on my Octy II quite happily.

Bad news for the RLS coding. We have test another RLS from Sharan. The RLS is mechanical the same as the MQB RLS. I test it in my O3 and it is working without a Problem.

But... no coding possible. (Out of Range). In the Sharan it is possible to code. So the BCM and/or the Gateway is blocking the coding.

The RLS Sharan coding is now 0380bb. We will change it on the Weekend to 0680bb and 0780bb and test it in the O3 if rainclosing work. But we don´t think it will be working.

Yeah. VCP can do!  Rain Closing ist activ an working. This works not with VCDS

Have a look. Sorry it is verry dark, in the middle we are wetting the RLS; the window is closing and at the End a flash light when closing is finished.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5INjAze86wxRHFVUjZub3prVjQ/edit?usp=sharing