MKiii Octavia VRS Mudflaps

I drive a mk3 hatch vrs candy white.........so as you can imagine guys I would really love to know where to get rear and front mud flaps as the muck and tar threw up on the car is ridiculous!! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I drive a mk3 hatch vrs candy white.........so as you can imagine guys I would really love to know where to get rear and front mud flaps as the muck and tar threw up on the car is ridiculous!! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

www.skodapartsireland.ie

Easy fitting and, coming from a fellow white estate owner, they do a great job at helping to keep it clean.

• Like 2

I bought fronts for mkii today and fitted perfect in 10 mins. The mkiii front wing is supposed to be the same bought from main dealer they said they won't fit, don't believe them. Gonna try some rears next

Wish I was going to Ireland. The rear flaps are so much cheaper. Add the postage to UK and they are same price here £24 ish

buy both sets together, only one lot of postage! Got mine from them, very good customer service and both sets fitted inside half an hour. Rear wheels need to be removed for fitting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mk3 Octy estate. Got a full set of mud flaps from dealer ( discounted to off set car delivery delay).

Said they deffinatly don't fit. But as this site says they do, tried.

Went on without bother, removed front wheels only. Just need to test going over speed bumps, curbs etc for clearance.

That's the only reason Skoda state that the mud flaps don't fit the vRS, because of the 15mm lower suspension and reduced ground clearance - but as stated in this (and several other threads), they fit without problem!

Got mine from Ireland too.

Took me about 20 mins to fit, didn't need to take wheels off, just jacked the car up and used a small wrench / screwdriver.

They catch on curbs occasionally, but haven't marked... yet.

2014-01-11150810.jpg

2014-01-11150805.jpg

2014-01-11142428.jpg

2014-07-04142734.jpg

2014-07-04142708.jpg

9144ba23-82f8-4884-add1-fe158485fdff.jpg

Edited by Mikebham
  • Like 2

So dealers have fitted them on Demo and punters have fitted many.

However, Skoda Computer says no!

Why do they persist with this attitude and   not adding value to their sales and giving Customers what they want?

• Like 1

I had thought that if the back ones catch, the lower edge could be trimmed to remove the stiffening rib. This would also make them more flexible. But been out today and seem fine as they are. My dealer has asked me to report back. So will be doing so.

I got front mudflaps fitted from factory on my vrs, it is possible to select underbody protection over here (costs about £45) i suspect the mudflaps came as part of this option. I dearly need it, roads here are quite horrible.

• 1 month later...

Over a month on,all flaps still firmly attached. Deliberately reversed upto curbs in parking bays. Some do just clear, but most OK. By 20mm or so. Think if the road dropped into a deep gully, would have problems with most cars.

Fitted standard Octy 3 front and rear mudflaps to my vrs probably about 1/2 hour per end didn't even have to take the wheels off !

Perfect fit but as said by someone previously 2 holes on front inner arch covers one either side drilled with a 6mm drill and not the advised 7mm gave a nice tight fit for the pin to grip

Not getting the same streak of crud up the side of the car now!!!

To me fitting £60 of black plastic to protect a £26k car is a no brainer and shows you care about your motor and as they are moulded to fit the car I personally don't think they detract from the look of the vehicle now if only I had a couple of vrs badges to fit on them!

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted standard Octy 3 front and rear mudflaps to my vrs probably about 1/2 hour per end didn't even have to take the wheels off !

Perfect fit but as said by someone previously 2 holes on front inner arch covers one either side drilled with a 6mm drill and not the advised 7mm gave a nice tight fit for the pin to grip

Not getting the same streak of crud up the side of the car now!!!

To me fitting £60 of black plastic to protect a £26k car is a no brainer and shows you care about your motor and as they are moulded to fit the car I personally don't think they detract from the look of the vehicle now if only I had a couple of vrs badges to fit on them!

Like these? Credit where it's due, I saw them in this post.

• 2 years later...

thank you - found them on http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Octavia_Rear_Mudflaps_2013%2B_5E0075101 also.  have the same part numbers so will go with these.  thank you for your help

That's who I got mine from also got the rubber mat pack because I was sick of the kids trampling crap into my carpet mats. They are quick to deliver and easy to fit.

Mike

I have just ordered front and rear mudflaps for my MK3 VRS from skoda parts ireland.They have an offer at the min.My total was £26.00 that included exchange from Euro to Sterling and delivery.

• Like 1

Recieved mine today, hopefully fit them in the coming days. Question though as I can't see that it's been covered.

did the guys that fitted them just use the original 2 mounting points to the leading edge of the wing? Do these need drilling out to fit the new ones supplied with the flaps?