Citigo satnav - how good is it?

evoke

I've never had a problem with the PID.... always got me to the right place, pairs with my Samsung instantly and plays media via the sd card. I have heard 'No alternative route' on many occasions however. I just put that down to living in the South East.  :)

• 3 months later...

Hi guys (& to be totally PC-correct, LADIES).

I'm planning to drive across some 6 different European countries (France to Italy, via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany & Switzerland) in a couple of months, and I'm wondering whether my Garmin PID will simply just "work as it says on the tin" from the minute that I land in France.

Has anyone any experience of driving in Europe with the help (or hindrance) of their Citigo PID, and is there anything out of the ordinary which needs to be done?

Thanks to anyone/everyone who contributes.

Never had any problems with the PID in my citigo. In fact I prefer the Sat nav display in the citigo to the display in the Yeti I've just got.

• 2 months later...

Old thread but any more comments on the PID?

I do find the Navigon sat nav a little difficult to use at times and a bit frustrating. I've had a Tomtom for many years which seems far more user friendly.

Am I missing something?

Edited by RickW

I know the Navigon is a little quirky. However I find it clearer and better screen layout than my Tomom. But that's what suits me.

I have had no problems either - touch wood. I also prefer it to my previous TomTom (only a start model) and like that you can prod a location on the map and it will take you there. Had no problems with phone connection but have still to get my music on an SD card. I always attach mine when I get in the car and it springs into life immediately - could it be that keeping it plugged in every day keeps it fully-charged and active? (I just clip it on and off, leaving the mount in place).

I know the Navigon is a little quirky. However I find it clearer and better screen layout than my Tomom. But that's what suits me.

I find the opposite! The one in my OH's Up is veryreliable in its planning and execution, but the tiny "buttons" on the touchscreen are far too small (and we have skinny fingers) and there's too much detail when navigating. Give me TomTom any time (not that they're perfect).

Old thread but any more comments on the PID?

I do find the Navigon sat nav a little difficult to use at times and a bit frustrating. I've had a Tomtom for many years which seems far more user friendly.

Am I missing something?

Sorry I meant Garmin,not Navigon.

If you use the PID as just a satnav (as I do) then I've found the Garmin to be actually very good - it gets you where you want to go, and very reliably.   One of the kids has an earlier Greentech car, & hers has the Navigon.   I wasn't able to compare hers & mine in depth, but from a very quick check, the Garmin seemed to be much, much better than the Navigon - possibly because it's much later technology????    Anyway, there had to be some reason why Mr. Skoda changed brands.

I use the PID as just a satnav, because I wouldn't know where to start on streaming music (in fact I don't understand what "streaming" is): my Mobile is of the coal-fired, if not the wind-driven era (which is precisely what I wanted), & although the Salesman tried like a good 'un, it couldn't/wouldn't "connect "(whatever the hell that is) with the PID.   Which is great with me: if someone phones when I'm driving, I totally ignore them (I'm a good boy, I am) & they either phone me later, or perhaps not..... in which case, the first call couldn't have been all that important - at least that's MY attitude.    

With old age, comes new priorities!!!

• Like 1