Sparkly's Mk2 vRS (now sadly returning to stock)

Sparkly

Sorry guys, if you look at the picture these are one big centre disc including the silver surround not just a cap.

The caps that fit a Gigaro are no good.

Dave, PM me what you need for yours as may fit them on my other wheels whose centre caps have seen better days.

Ah yes didnt look closely at the centres sorry

It's all good, I only collected them and dumped them in the garage today, I think there is a chance to replace the centres (just the logos) but the plastic on the full cap is a bit goosed so would like all fresh if I can.

The wheels aren't there to look nice as that's not what they will be used for, the important thing for me was getting a 16" wheel with 7" width so I can increase the sidewall a touch for winter but still run 215 tread for track. Winters will likely be a new set but lots of part worn track tyres going secondhand for not much. More16"ers than 17s in fact.

With all that said, the wheels will be cleaned sealed and skodarised if possible.

Edit: I have changed my mind, the more I look at these wheels the more I like them and with smaller profile tyres on than the current 55's and a nice refurb, I think they will look really nice on the Furby.

• Like 1

Been running around with some beat up supermarket mats in the car since the originals went walked courtesy of the dealers valeters. Never held the dealer to task on it as was not long into first experiences of dadhood and frankly car mats were the least of my worries.

So an early Crimble Present for MG.

b2d28091f8c89350ce75dd3d824aface_zps6076

Just a small update:

I have ordered a spray wrap kit from Cardip UK to use in refurbing my winter/track wheels

b4eca7bb6d665e798c5f63caa20ef66a_zps2091

http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/cardipuk/aerosol-packs-x-4-400ml-cans-232-p.asp a big thanks to Pasty Boy for the recommendation.

A little more on this towards the end of Sharkrider's wheel refurb thread.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/284982-bought-some-winter-wheels-and-tyres-now-to-paint-them-pics/http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/284982-bought-some-winter-wheels-and-tyres-now-to-paint-them-pics/

I have gone for a Gunmetal Grey, which I will overlay with a metallic silver clear coat. Cardip UK are about to launch a gloss clearcoat which would be my ideal final layer. I have contacted them as to it's availability as the website shows October. We will see, if not there is an option from Plastidip called 'glossifier' but I would prefer to use UK products if available.

If anyone wants a laugh, I suggest you google plastidip and Fonzi for many videos of cars being plastidipped.

Hi there, new to the forum but old to spirited driving. Your thread makes for interesting reading and though not brave enough for the green myself the pic's/car look great and some nice choice mods! Just one thing relating to the brakes side of your project that I don't recall anywhere in there is the mention of braided brake lines to assist in what ever setup you go with, anyone have any thoughts or better still actually have braided lines fitted to pass comment? Just a thought...

Braided lines are a distinct but not urgent possibility.  I think new pads with a more aggressive bite will be the best improvement to stopping power with marginal gain coming from increasing the disc size.  Both should help in reducing fade  I have already uprated my brake fluid to ATE Super R Blue, we used less than a litre of the two ordered because it is such a distinct colour to the original fluid and we could see really clearly when the system was flushed, so I have a spare litre and a bit to use when changing over calipers.  The Wet and Dry boiling points aren't far off Motul RBF600/660 and was a very good price from ECP.

make..........DOT Rating......dry- / wet boiling point

(higher wet boiling points recommended)

AP Racing 551 - DOT3 - 527° F (275° C) / 302º F (145º C)

AP Racing 600 - DOT3 - 590° F (310° C) / 410° F (210° C)

AP PRF Racing - DOT4 - 608° F (320º C) / 311° F (155º C)

Ate SL6 - DOT4 + ISO6 - 509° F (265° C) / 347° F (175° C)

Ate Super Blue - DOT4 - 536º F (280º C) / 390º F (194º C)

Ate Super 200 - DOT4 - 536º F (280º C) / 390º F (194º C)

BMW OEM - DOT4 - 446° F (224° C) / 311° F (156° C)

Bosch - DOT3 - 491º F (255º C) / 288º F (142º C)

Bosch - DOT4 - 509º F (265º C) / 329º F (165º C)

Bosch - DOT4+ - 536º F (280º C) / 356º F (180º C)

Brembo LCF 600+ - DOT4 - 601º F (316º C) / 399º F (204º C)

Brembo EVO 500+ - DOT4 - 520º F (271º C) / 336º F (169º C)

Castrol GT LMA - DOT4 - 509º F (265º C) / 311º F (155º C)

Castrol SRF - DOT4 - 590º F (310º C) / 518º F (270º C)

EBC BF 307+ - DOT4 - 589° F (307° C) / 386° F (196° C)

Endless RF-650 - DOT4 - 612° F (323° C) / 425° F (218° C)

Endless S-Four High-Perf. - DOT4 - 567° F (297º C) / 366º F (187º C)

Ferodo Racing DOT5.1 - DOT5.1 - 500° F (260° C) / XXXX (XXXX)

Ferodo Racing Formula - DOT4 - 572° F (300° C) / XXXX (XXXX)

Ferodo Racing Super Formula - DOT4 - 625° F (330° C) / XXXX (XXXX)

GS610 - DOT4 - 610° F (321° C) / 421° F (216° C)

Gunk HD - DOT4 - 510º F (266º C) / 311º F (155º C)

Millers Racing 300 Plus - DOT4 - 590° F (310° C) / XXXX (XXXX)

Motul DOT 5.1 - DOT5.1 - 509º F (265º C) / 365º F (185º C)

Motul RBF 600 - DOT4 - 594º F (312º C) / 402º F (205º C)

Motul RBF 660 - DOT4 - 617º F (325º C) / 400º F (204º C)

Neo Super DOT16 - DOT4 - 610° F (322° C) / 421° F (216° C)

Pentosin Super - DOT4 - 500° F (260° C) / 338° F (170° C)

Pentosin RBF - DOT4 - 572° F (300° C) / 392º F (200° C)

Performance Friction RH665 - DOT4 - 617° F (325° C) / 395° F (195° C)

Project µ G-four 335 - DOT4 - 634° F (335° C) / 429° F (221° C)

Prospeed RS683 - DOT4 - 683° F (360° C) / 439° F (224° C)

Tarox Roadrace - DOT4 - 583° F (314° C) / 402° F (205° C)

TRW Grand Prix 600 - DOT5.1 - 594º F (312º C) / 400º F (204º C)

ValvolineProSyn - DOT3/4 - 527º F (275º C) / 347º F (175º C)

Wilwood Hi-Temp 570 - DOT3 - 570º F (299º C) / 284º F (140º C)

Wilwood EXP600 Plus - DOT4 - 633º F (330º C) / 417º F (213º C)

I can see the build going into hibernation until afer Christmas, at least for any major changes as funds are diverted towards more festive activies.  We will see

Now where's my Plastidip :), cardip UK are currently rivalling mytyres for communication on shipping, I contaced there customer services and was told "should be there soon" :@  it is out with MyHermes (fine) but wouldnt respond to my request for a tracking number "sigh".  In order to show my frustration I have ordered another can from them :doh: , as I decided I wanted to use UK products I have ordered there Pearlescent top coat.  This means the wheels will be three stage dipped, Gun Metal Grey followed by Metallic Silver Flecks in Clear Coat and topped off with Pearlescent.

So if that arrives today, I know what I'm doing this weekend...................................................probably shopping and household chores if SWMBO has a say in it :(

But next weekend I have the house to myself B)

If no updates come for some time, send help, I have probably plastidipped my arms to my sides :rofl:

MyHermes I've found to be utterly abysmal, not to help matters. If I have the opportunity to avoid their services, I always take it.

Best of luck though :) 

My Nankangs are on my spare alloys now, all done and dusted by the local tyre garage near work, already to be dipped this weekend. Of the hour I took for lunch had 35 minutes spare :)

............and that included a lot of chin wagging about the Toyota MR2 they had in for some bodywork (reshaping the rear arches to make room for some extreme suspension geometry). Mitsubishi EVO transplant engine :o , the rear brakes, which were the first thing to grab my attention, were like flying saucers 350mm+ Brembo's and although the front wheels were on the car there was clearly a huge AP racing BBK underneath. IIRC that is a sub 1000kg (975kg?) car as well from stock.

Very surprised to find this little track weapon sat in what is a fairly basic looking tyre fitters in Oldham.

Even more chuffed to see they had an array of refurbed VAG group alloys sat on there walls for sale should I ever need a spare set of spares :rofl:

Are they SV-2s Sparkly? Be very very careful for the first couple of 100 miles, they are dangerous!

First run out I nearly ended up in the back of a parked car doing a perfectly normal stop in the wet (and had I crashed I'd probably have died... it was in Mixenden!).

I find I need a few more PSI in mine or the edges wear quickly on the front, but I do have a heavy diesel lump there. Wear seems ok. The ones that were worn on the edge (centre still looks like new) a bit after 2 winters I've been running on the rear all year round. The ones then spent 2 winters and a summer on the rear are now on the front. They are pretty good in snow :)

snowcordy.jpg

Its deeper than it looks... the front bumper was acting as a plow :) 

Unfortunately you'll still get stuck in the traffic :P

• 1 month later...

Car is currently absolutely bogging.

I mean filthy.

Utter disgrace.

So have ordered it lots of nice detailing goodies to treat it to a revival this weekend.

Sadly it looks as if I have already acquired a few small battle scars on the plastidip, I fear for it's longevity/practicality in winter.

What products/routine do you use on yours?  What protection are you putting on for winter?

I've got proper OCD with mine.  Went ballistic at my dealership when they washed it after a service.  big scratch on the roof panel, but cantr prove it wasnt there before.

Yup, I'd rather leave my car unclean rather than hand it over to "itchy and scratch" £5.00 car washes, or the dealers.

Cripes, I just totted up my detailing "stock" it's quite a bit, plus just spent a smidge over £100.00 with Autobrite Direct in their sale. Nice products.

Routine for a big clean is something like, substituting in the new products from AB arriving tomorrow.

Millions of MF cloths will be used, I basically separate all jobs and have colour coded MF for each, several washmitts used to separate wheels, lower panels and upper panels to avoid dragging dirt etc.  Attempt to keep ultra clean work method.

so.

Demon Shine Rapid Detailer or APC mix on door shuts, wheels, wheel arches and lower panel sections were needed, dwell agitate with detailing brush

Rinse

AB Magifoam Snowfoam used with my lil' Karcher K2 giving about 15 mins dwell time

Rinse

TBM with Zaino Z7 Show Car Shampoo and Noodle Microfibre Washmitts from Muc Off, nice quality bought a whole bunch from a deal a while ago, much plusher than the average

Rinse

Tar Decon - will now be using Autobrite "Just the Tonic"

Iron Decon - Autobrite Purple Rain

^^ special attention to wheels in the above

Clay Bilt Hamber Medium Clay one hand and Small Pump Sprayer with diluted QD in other, my preference is to clay after Decon, feels safer

Then will hand polish with Autobrite Hellshine Eliminator with white MF Applicator pad, work into paint, buff off

(at this point in future may panel wipe with CarPro eraser and then move straight to sealing the naked paint)

But intend to follow with Autobrite Cherry Glaze

Seal with Autobrite Hellfire Abyss (spray, wipe, 10 min cure, buff)

Assess results and tidy if necessary with Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, this is my protection maintainer QD for inbetween sealing

Possibly top the Abyss with Collinite 845 (Sponge applicator on, cure, buff)

Colli 845 on wheels

AG Glass polish on Glass (Sponge applicator on, cure, buff)

AG Fast Glass to remove residue

Seal Windshield and Rear Glass with Autobrite Hellshine Ghost Rider

Vac

Pink Sheen Trim Dressing to internal plastics wipe on/off

Autobrite Zest Obsessed Air Freshner Scent into vents and under mats

Metal polish tail pipes (whatever metal polish comes to hand, have a few, wire wool if badly ground in)

AG Bumper Gel to all external trim

Dress Tyres - again few products maybe Berry Blast Endurance Trim and Tyre Gel. or Meg's

Engine Bay will normally get done prior - p'rhaps not this weekend.

Autobrite Jaffa Degreaser - brush agitate, careful rinse.

Seal with 303 Aerospace Protectant (out of this atm)

It's hard to remember the full process when I'm not staring at my kit box.  Think that's everything.

To name only a handful of regular products that I am leaving on the sideline this time

AG Bodywork conditioner

CarPro IronX, TarX, TriX

AG SRP

Poorboys Paste Wax

Poorboys Spray and Gloss QD

Daisy APC

Turtle Wax ICE Synthetic Paste Polish (much better than anyone imagines, like a budget Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid)

and a tonne of infrequently used others.

• Like 1