What performance mods are there for the 1.4 16v 100bhp?

Guest BigJase88

that's nice to know however are you autistic?

Kindov just showing how much of a pleb you are their with a disability comment!

What a to55er

Edited by BigJase88

then you'll know all about asberges syndrome won't you, and you'll know I don't comprehend things easily hence why I asked for the information. this is my first car so I haven't exactly taken full mechanic courses or stripped it down much hence the question on performance

and so being disabled makes me a pleb does it? I think the disability discrimination act says otherwise along with most industry leaders who have hints of autism

so jog on Josie this thread is solved

Why dont u just buy this?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=111044933102&index=0&nav=WATCHING&nid=12001995937

Could either run it or swap the engine out of it ;)

I stand by this ^^^

For those who cba clicking on the link its a sub 100k ibiza fr 1.8 20vt (150bhp) for £1200 buy it now on ebay (same chassis as a fabia)

I cant understand why people who are after performance over everything else wud bother tuning a 1.4 or even a 1.9tdi vrs to go on the track or down a strip when they can buy an ibiza fr for that price that will do 200bhp after a map + flywheel + can run 600bhp+ with the right setup :o ..

The vrs is a really good tunable all rounder.. but its not a race car or even a "hot hatch" and its def not the most cost effective way of getting speed out of a small car..

• Like 1

Plus the clutch and flywheel is like half the price :)

My auntie has a 55 plate 1.8t fr and is trading it in and offered me it for 2k (px price) and its only got 24k miles. Was so tempted but i dont think they have the character of a fabia in the looks department.

Guest BigJase88

I think he thought you was trying to insult him by calling him autistic.

This

And now i understand

I apologise for my mystic ball being out of order

Edited by BigJase88

Plus the clutch and flywheel is like half the price :)

My auntie has a 55 plate 1.8t fr and is trading it in and offered me it for 2k (px price) and its only got 24k miles. Was so tempted but i dont think they have the character of a fabia in the looks department.

I had an ibiza + hated the curvy look + feel of the interior etc.. but they are alot of car for not alot of $$$

Tbh if i was after a fast hatch i wud buy a cheap basic 1.2 9n polo with a ****ed head/ chain (plenty about lol :D ).. then buy an ibiza fr + swap the lump etc over ;).. i prefer the look of the 3dr 9n/ 9n3 polos over the fabia tbh.. but they dont look right in 5dr (except the dunes which are silly $$$)

Wow, this thread is EPIC, it just keeps on giving:

Non-VRS owner: "I've got this car that looks like yours but isn't really fast enough and I want to do something different"

VRS owner: "I LOVE MY CAR, YOU SHOULD GET THE SAME CAR"

Non-VRS owner: "I don't really like the car you love, I want something different"

VRS owner: "WELL YOU'RE WRONG, IT'S THE MOST AWESOME CAR IN THE WORLD EVER AND I LOVE IT!"

Non-VRS owner: "I have mild learning difficulties which I've overcome, but I'm otherwise intelligent and I don't want any more of your your advice thanks"

VRS owner: "DID YOU JUST CALL ME A RETARD!"

I can't wait for the outcome, recent revelations include:

"I think the 3-door Polo is better looking than the Fabia VRS!"

and:

"Ibizas are fugly!"

Battle lines are drawn, no-one is safe, everyone will die sooner or later, some people are smarter than some other people.

Moar popcorn needed, BRB's.

Edited by sepulchrave
  • Like 2

And a diesel 1.9 can't produce as much bhp as a 1.9 petrol!

Its quite simple!

Maybe you need to go back to school?

What were you expexting 100bhp a litre?

why not, the Daihatsu Charade had 100bhp/ litre IIRC. Was the first car to do so I think :)

Love how this guy is making his own quotes up now. Not one person has said the vrs is the most awesome car in the world and jason miss read a post :s think your in a world of your own mate and making yourself sound an idiot.

Also yes matt the 9n3 is by far the best looker out of this chasis range.

• Like 1

Wow, this thread is EPIC, it just keeps on giving:

Non-VRS owner: "I've got this car that looks like yours but isn't really fast enough and I want to do something different"

VRS owner: "I LOVE MY CAR, YOU SHOULD GET THE SAME CAR"

Non-VRS owner: "I don't really like the car you love, I want something different"

VRS owner: "WELL YOU'RE WRONG, IT'S THE MOST AWESOME CAR IN THE WORLD EVER AND I LOVE IT!"

Non-VRS owner: "I have mild learning difficulties which I've overcome, but I'm otherwise intelligent and I don't want any more of your your advice thanks"

VRS owner: "DID YOU JUST CALL ME A RETARD!"

I can't wait for the outcome, recent revelations include:

"I think the 3-door Polo is better looking than the Fabia VRS!"

and:

"Ibizas are fugly!"

Battle lines are drawn, no-one is safe, everyone will die sooner or later, some people are smarter than some other people.

Moar popcorn needed, BRB's.

Screenshot_2013-10-10-20-01-15-1.png

• Like 2

Love how this guy is making his own quotes up now. Not one person has said the vrs is the most awesome car in the world and jason miss read a post :s think your in a world of your own mate and making yourself sound an idiot.

Also yes matt the 9n3 is by far the best looker out of this chasis range.

Agree he made a stupid comment that I challenged and instead of saying I've got learning disabilities and this is my first car so you should probably ignore it he stood by it and dug a deeper hole. I've never said it's the best car in the world but you can't deny it doesn't pull well even being 130bhp that's the point I was making about it not being "underpowered". Must be that I'm getting old but if I didn't know what I was talking about and quite a few people pointed this out I'd leave it not carry it on then say I'm autistic. As far as I'm concerned learning difficulties or not it was a stupid comment with nothing to back it up

.I do like that seat though! maybe something to aspire to when I finish my bachelors!

Def worth getting something with a more tunable engine instead of wasting $$ on the 1.4 m8.. you wouldnt see any of the money invested in it back + without throwing alot at it you wouldnt see alot of gains either..

Did u end up having a look at the throttle body (intake flap)??

Edited by mattvrestate

Should this thread not be locked?

It could be, but sooner or later some 'members' are going to have to get used to the idea they might just be taking things a tiny bit too seriously.

Laughter is the best cure, in the short term laughing at some of the 'slower' guys seems cruel but over time they'll get the message.

Serious posting should be reserved for OP's with genuine technical problems, "should I get a pink one or a green one" posts should be ignored or treated with the derision they deserve.

Fair?

Serious posting should be reserved for OP's with genuine technical problems, "should I get a pink one or a green one" posts should be ignored or treated with the derision they deserve.

Fair?

That's a recipe for disaster mate. :giggle:

Some people just can't handle banter and some just can't understand the concept of "mate, your car is ****, get rid of it and get a proper one".

• 4 years later...