Fuel Consumption 60 PS Sport VS GreenTech Elegance

saurabhdutt

Hi all,

I have ordered my sport in red and now having double thoughts regarding the lower fuel consumption on green tech elegance. Please can you all share some numbers on MPGs for your respective car.

Is the difference alot?? as the broucher says:

GreenTech Elegence: 68.9

Sport: 62.8

What are the true figures you are getting.

Thanks

Saurabh

Edited by saurabhdutt

There really shouldn't be much difference in the mpg betwen the two models. Same engine, same ride height, same suspension.

The only difference that I know of is that the GT is delivered with low roll resistance tyres, brake energy recuperation and a start stop system.

Perhaps these differences are enough to justify the better mpg?

The Greentechs being lower will have some effect, but I also think the test figures are skewed a little by the stop-start system.  In the real world on a trip where you aren't stopping until you get there, I don't think there'd be much difference at all between them.

Around town and doing my short commute I usually see (when I can be bothered to fit the PID) about 50mpg.  On a trip to Beamish however, PID was showing an average of 70mpg after cruising at 60mph for 40 miles.  It dropped to 68 by the time we got there thanks to some hilly country, but still mighty impressive.

Last time I took the bike with me into the Lakes, I got 65mpg+ and at the last fill-up I had covered 395 miles with a few litres still left in the tank, so this little thing will go for more than 400 miles on 35 litres of fuel.  Astounding :D

In the real world, the 60bhp engine will be at least as good on fuel.

Cheers Mike,

That really helps. This are rhe numbers which i have been getting on the courtsey car which Is a 75PS elegance.

I will also be onterested in knowing some info from 60PS elegange drivers. Even though I think there shouldnt be any difference.

S

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to report have to the 1000 mile barrier. I guess another few hundred miles up to 5k...

Indicated mpg of PID is 54.0mpg and from receipts 52.7mpg.

Daily commute is 12.5 miles urban, 8.5 ex-urban (A road) & 9 on the motorway.

Mpg always better in the morning...

As per my sig, mine is all town work and which a lot is very short journeys.

Returned on pid 65.7 on the m25 in rushhour traffic, again very impressed by both the mpg and how good it is on the motorway.

Just what you want in these times of austerity

Im equally impressed with mine

Got 71.6 on the PID going to work the other morning

Real world figure obvioulsy a bit less, but still impressive all the same

My Sport is mainly on A roads. I drive it at 60 or faster sometimes. I always take it to 4000 rpm before changing up. I average 50mpg. Is there something wrong then with mine?

Could be down to many different factors, such as driving style etc. and not an indication of a problem

I wouldn't worry too much, but just try being a bit more efficient for the same journey a couple of times and see what you get

Small changes, such as anticipating stops in advance and keeping momentum can make a big difference

I managed 39.9 on my 20mile drive back from work this morning. It is 19.5 miles NSL A roads though and I might have pushed on as it was 4am......

Normally I get about 55-60mpg on this drive!

Definitely not as much fun driving economically for sure, but no need for 4k rev changes everytime either

Definitely because a lot of power comes in after 2K but around 4K it's dropping off slightly so no need.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.