I'm booked in!

i've had a shark stage 1 on my leon pd170 for 35000 miles and never felt a regen cycle let  alone seen a warning light,   just drive it hard and it will be fine. 

i need to get my new octy cr vrs in to shark but im in two minds wether to spend the extra £350 for the dpf delete, 

I'll be interested to know what you think and what they did to the encrypted ecu if your cr is a recent one as I nearly did the same a couple of weeks ago but decided to keep it standard for a while longer before making a final decision. Are you taking it to shark hq in mansfield and have you booked it in with your avatar if your a freedom member so you get the discount?

Yeah taking it to hq. No I'm not a freedom member so not got the discounts.mine is one of the first cr ones. 59 plate

Mine is a 58 plate CR DSG - it will be an ECU out job, but Ben has great experience of these now

Ben from Shark seems a very reasonable guy so I am sure it will be fine. I did speak to him on the phone a while back about the discount. Seem to remember him saying he just checks your account when it comes to paying.

I'm not being given the discount because I didn't mention it when I booked. Oh well my own fault I suppose.

Just cancel the bloomin booking then ? You are the customer not a Lemming !

That is just tight, I still think Shark are expensive and now are sowing the seeds of the success that this site promotes.

Don't give me all the 'development' expense etc, the profit in a remap is incredible, if I remember right a while back on a group buy Shark were offering a £250 deal and would still have been making a tidy amount on that.

It takes a hell of a lot of hard work to get a good customer service and reputation for loyalty, it takes next to nothing to lose it. Kerching ££

As I have a petrol I will just wait until they cannot tempt a customer in Dec with a free mince pie offer and go Revo.

Edited by Bullit
  • Like 2

I seem to remember the OP saying he's been a 'member' for some years........ I'm guessing from the fact he has just paid for Freedom that he was, with no disrespect, a freeloading member, but decided to join up as he might gain a few quid

Forgive me if I'm wrong

He also seems to have accepted the situation with good grace, so I'm not quite sure where the abusers are coming from

I wonder if either of them actually run their own business?

• Like 1

Free loading members can be just as valuable and in some cases more valuable to this forum and it's members. I am a free loader and I hold a level 3 qualification in vehicle service and repair which I paid over £1,300 for and took me two years to complete.

Needless to say I give much more than I take, and I was self employed as a taxi driver for just under 10 years, I know all about discounts and set rates. I also understand the need to compete and keep customers happy, word of mouth goes a long way.

If you ask me the real free loaders are the ones that snatch info and leave to save paying a garage without even saying thanks! Freedom members included. I have been known to share my knowledge at my own effort and expense.

Edited by 07 vRS Taxi

I seem to remember the OP saying he's been a 'member' for some years........ I'm guessing from the fact he has just paid for Freedom that he was, with no disrespect, a freeloading member, but decided to join up as he might gain a few quid

Forgive me if I'm wrong

He also seems to have accepted the situation with good grace, so I'm not quite sure where the abusers are coming from

I wonder if either of them actually run their own business?

"he might gain a few quid"

Well my 'earned' money is my money and I do not throw it away for nothing do you? I would rather put the £50 to the Xmas present savings for my child?

As for "Abusers", sorry....in fact no I'm not, the OP has only bloody well booked an appointment, he has received no product and no customer service or caused Shark to lose money has he? Therefore to say "you had to mention it when you booked" is just poor customer relations. I don't run my own business but they are not going to go bust with a 10% respective discount are they? Go into any shop and if you can be bothered haggling most will give you 10%

I would still cancel the appt as I would rather they lost my business and profit because I bet it will be more than £50, leave it a month or 2 when they don't have 1 customer for the whole of the Dec Xmas rush or Jan when people are skint, I bet you will get your 'members discount' then !

Edited by Bullit

Didn't think this would get out of hand! I have been on here since 2004 and i did get the freedom membership to get the discount, I hold my hands up to that. And I understand why they don't want to give it to me. And I'll exept that. Wardy it doesn't come with a rolling road sesh, that's 79 pound extra i think.

Didn't think this would get out of hand! I have been on here since 2004 and i did get the freedom membership to get the discount, I hold my hands up to that. And I understand why they don't want to give it to me. And I'll exept that. Wardy it doesn't come with a rolling road sesh, that's 79 pound extra i think.

I wasn't having a pop at you, Mike, hence the comment about you accepting it with good grace :)

• Like 1