Speeding tickets...AGAIN!

InkedMuttley

I got flashed by a mobile speed camera here in North Yorks. No fixed ones in this county. Was doing 35 in a 30 zone in Knaresborough. Annoying because I thought I was in a 40 zone, I actually saw the van.

Ticket on my doorstep a few days later. 100 Quid fine three point or AA drivetech cousre at 96 quid.

Booked myself onto the course. No points and £96. Can't say fairer than that. It's slowed me down as well.

• Like 1

If you were trained to the same level as a police officer (which level? UBV, advanced, something else?) then you wouldn't have been driving a vehicle with a defective speedo.

Also "I was stopped because as I went around a corner I encountered massive understeer" doesn't sound like someone driving sensibly to police standards.

ROSPA Accredited, also have a BTEC. The reason I was driving a vehicle with a defective vehicle was because it's my only form of transport and I couldn't get the part, where needs must and all that. As for massive understeer it's on a 60mph road, and is a sweeping bend and it was in the wet...If you'd like to drive said 20-year old vehicle around the same bend, I'll happily pass you my keys and see if you can do any better.

I'm not quite sure how employing a solicitor is going to save your job TBH

Nor me but would be worth a try if you faced being out on your ear I guess

Just found out from the

Wrong...Just spoke to the Central Ticket Office and they've told me it was 35 I was doing and that does put me in the legal parameters to be offered a place on a driver improvement program to keep points off my license.

Breathing a *TINY* sigh of relief!

based on the above it would seem you might benefit from attending one!

Those aren't to Police standards.

I am the current holder of the IHCD D1 & D2 Edexcel BTEC Level 3 in ambulance emergency driving. The ROSPA course I went on before that was taught to me to police response standard by an ex-police officer...Question me all you like.

ROSPA Accredited, also have a BTEC. The reason I was driving a vehicle with a defective vehicle was because it's my only form of transport and I couldn't get the part, where needs must and all that. As for massive understeer it's on a 60mph road, and is a sweeping bend and it was in the wet...If you'd like to drive said 20-year old vehicle around the same bend, I'll happily pass you my keys and see if you can do any better.

Where to begin......

• Like 1

Wrong...Just spoke to the Central Ticket Office and they've told me it was 35 I was doing and that does put me in the legal parameters to be offered a place on a driver improvement program to keep points off my license.

Breathing a *TINY* sigh of relief!

It isn't a legal parameter, it's a discretionary parameter, so could vary from area to area

Glad to hear you'll stay in employment though :)

• Like 1

Question me all you like.

Ok, what did they teach you about choosing an appropriate speed for the road, the conditions and your vehicle?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve trying to take a corner and getting massive understeer.

• Like 1

I didn't ask for my driving standards to be examined or to be told I'm a hooligan etc, the fact of the matter is I was slightly over the speed limit, pretty sure I'm not the only one that's done it.

The fact of the matter remains that all of you seem to think that because I asked for some advice that it somehow gives you Carte Blanché to put my driving in question, I have faith in my driving, my colleagues do and everyone else that has been in any of my cars knows that I can handle a car safely and responsibly.

Ok, what did they teach you about choosing an appropriate speed for the road, the conditions and your vehicle?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve trying to take a corner and getting massive understeer.

Did they teach you anything about "making mistakes"? It's just that the only way you can have never made one is if you actually don't drive! 

• Like 1

Did they teach you anything about "making mistakes"? It's just that the only way you can have never made one is if you actually don't drive! 

Exactly my point, I made a mistake I admitted it, that's it over and done with in my eyes but Zoidberg clearly has a Napoleon complex.

Apart from when you are speeding or sliding off the road?

I was 5mph over I was hardly doing 77mph in a 30mph zone. And I didn't slide off the road, I encountered understeer if it was a younger driver with less experience then yes there's the possibility that they would have slid off the road, not me.

On the contrary, I've made plenty of mistakes and realised that it was nobody else's fault but my own. I can still remember clearly the first time I took an island (know which one too, 20 years later) too fast in my first car and it taught me how much less grip I had in the wet.

On the contrary, I've made plenty of mistakes and realised that it was nobody else's fault but my own. I can still remember clearly the first time I took an island (know which one too, 20 years later) too fast in my first car and it taught me how much less grip I had in the wet.

Ha... You and me both... Had a hairy moment round a roundabout going too quick.. Lets just say I wont be doing it again.

below is the slipperiest roundabout on planet earth when wet!

post-94566-0-89469500-1381927824_thumb.jpg 

Who's claiming that anyone else is blaming a 3rd party for their mistakes? My point is that you're trying to claim a moral high ground that you're not entitled to over someone else admitting to making a mistake in a car they've only just bought. 

• Like 1

Ha... You and me both... Had a hairy moment round a roundabout going too quick.. Lets just say I wont be doing it again.

below is the slipperiest roundabout on planet earth when wet!

attachicon.gifHD6 1UE - Google Maps - Google Chrome.jpg

I can see why too, with all those surface changes and no visible camber or drainage!

Those aren't to Police standards.

No they are most definitely not,

this is a bizzare thread. Should be titled "I've done wrong but would quite like to get away with it!"

And as for handing the keys over to someone else. Maybe they would realise the vehicle and conditions and take this into account before encountering "massive under steer"

If I was you I'd lock this before it gets any worse

• Like 4

I am the current holder of the IHCD D1 & D2 Edexcel BTEC Level 3 in ambulance emergency driving. The ROSPA course I went on before that was taught to me to police response standard by an ex-police officer...Question me all you like.

I'm not getting into the whole you did wrong argument but just like to point out IAM and ROSPA are well below the standards of even a standard police driver (standard means a response bobby in a panda car level) even ambulance and rapid fire appliance driving courses fall short.

• Like 3

Quote:

Edexcel / IHCD Ambulance Combined Driver Training Programme (D1+D2)

The D1 is the first five days and qualfies you to drive ambulance vehicles on non-emergency duties, such as patient transport.

The D2 follows on from the D1, which you must achieve first. It focuses on the advanced driving techniques required to drive ambulance vehicles on emergency duties whilst claiming exemptions to road traffic law, so-called "blue light driving". It takes a further 10 days.

Sounds like the same Course that St John does, and the modern equivalent of what I did some years ago.

• Like 2

If that NIP has been forwarded to you now and you have received it, just call the number on it and explain the set up with the dates and it being forwarded to you and seek their advice on what to do with it. Person it is addressed to in error or not should respond to it themselves not post it on. 

Spot on...........do not complete a form which has been addressed to someone else, contact the CTO (Central Ticket Office) for the area and seek their advice