How long until the 'excess condensation' threads!?

Front windscreen has been fogging up for a week or two now, necessitating demist setting for a couple of miles.

I must assume it's residual moisture that condensed on the cold air con heat exchanger from the previous run which is being blown through.

Can catch you out though and make for dangerously poor visibility.

Just been out, 5deg C.

Windows all fogged up, took a full 10 minutes of demist to clear enough to leave drive safely!

I'm sure it'll take much longer when ambient temperature drops and it's frozen on the inside.

• 1 year later...

Haha. Only Skodas mist up and have faults. All other cars are perfect.

I've owned and used quite a few cars and none of them have ever fogged up like my 05 Octavia II estate! The only other car I know of that had terrible misting/fogging was a friends old Suzuki Alto. Almost as bad as a MK2 Octavia.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well bugger me. Read this thread yesterday and today I get up early to do some errands and my beloved Suberb estate has fogged up windscreen and side windows for the first time since I've owned it.

It's the Devils work I tell ya...the Devils work....

I'm going to call the phenomenon 'Briskodathreadensation'

;)

• Like 1

It only started to appear in my Scout after I had both front doors realigned under warranty due to excess wind noise driving at speeds above 50mph (akin to the high squeal noise escaping air makes when you stretch the neck of a balloon!).

Since having my carport installed I've not noticed any build up, more the car 'feels' damp and cold when you first get into it than any other car I've owned. It's also by far the worst car I've owned for external noise leaking into the car.

After problems with fogged up windows last winter I bought a "minky" moisture trap from Asda for a fiver ,

it is the perfect size to fit the bottle holder in the door pocket and has completely cured the mist problem in my 09 estate.

No more waiting for the heater in the mornings.

• Like 2

At least I know it's not just my car now after reading this. A bit disappointed that it is misting up in the first place. Like Marnit I've not had a car mist up on me since my 1992 Mazda 6 and that was rarity amongst cars even then. 

I've just got one of those duhumifier bags from Halfords today and currently sat on the parcel shelf so I'll let you know how I get on.

• Like 2

duhumifier bags from Halfords today and currently sat on the parcel shelf so I'll let you know how I get on.

I have used one similar to that for a few years and it works very well. I place it on top of the lidded compartment on the dash. Other people have commented on placing one on the rear shelf, though I've never found I needed to do that.

Just remember to place it near a radiator or other heat source every few days to dry it out.