Navigon PID failed to load texts

Anastasis

Hi everyone again.

Well I have finally picked up my new Citigo Elegance Greentech 60 5 door (white) on Tuesday. I am really enjoying driving it and it is so much better than my previous Citroen C1 VTR+ which is like a tin can compared to the Citigo!

I am having a small problem with the Navigon PID that when connected to my phone over bluetooth it does not load incoming texts. If I go to the Text Inbox on the device and click, it then tries loading and says "Failed to load texts" or something like that.

It's not hyper important, but having checked all of the other functions work this is one that doesn't so just wondering if anyone else has had and fixed this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Just a silly thought but it is not something like it will only display a text if its received whilst connected to the pid?

I have a different system in my vRS which claims to show SMS but does not but I have never actually received a text whilst connected to see if it does it that way rather than trying to retrieve existing texts?

Hope that makes some sense?

I'm sure theres a list of phones that support the text function in one of the manuals somewhere, i think its on the garmin site. From what I can remember though pretty much no recent iOS, Andriod or windows phones are supported.

A few older phones are though. 

My daughter has an iPhone 3GS and when connected to PiD, the unit will mute the music for a half second or so to notify a text has arrived but the PiD doesn't display it.

It's been the same since new, a year ago.

The S4 works for calls and playing music from spotify over bluetooth, not actually tried the text function yet as ive not got my car and i havent tried it on my mums one, may have to have a play around at the weekend. Even my mum who is by no means good with phones etc managed to connect it to the PID on her own while i wasnt in the car

Sounds promising Sheppeygirl...

It would be interesting to find out whether texts come through, but I mostly use WhatsApp for messages thrse days. It would be cool if THAT worked!

But good to hear that music and calls seem to come through. That's the main thing...

Sounds like you have trained your mum well if she did all that on her own!

Cheers,

Nick

I will try and play with the PID this week to see if anything good happens on the text front and let you know.

i think Bluecar1 has trained her better, i normally go to him with anything remotely techy based, good ole dad!