Conviction Code Descriptions.

TheWanderer

It's usually the date the licence is processed at DVLA, for a provisional.

In any event the valid from date is printed on the back of the card part for each vehicle category.

The paper counterpart records any convictions, points etc.

So are you suggesting that the three year period for a notional endorsement five years previously starts when the licence becomes valid?

When does the paper licence become extinct ?  Just as a matter of interest, the IAM circulated a release stating that someone had 42 points and was still driving... :rofl:

A very nice Policeman gave me a bill for £60 and 3 nectar points for doing 96 on the M62 in 2009. ( SP50 )

I admitted everything and saved me a day in court and I got a chance to sit in his Volvo, no point arguing the point. could have been a lot worse 

I've seen that post so many times  :)

So are you suggesting that the three year period for a notional endorsement five years previously starts when the licence becomes valid?

As I understand it, yes.

• 2 years later...

UT10 Taking and driving away a vehicle with consent or an attempt thereat.

Guess we're all guilty of that one?

I'm a criminal, lock me up and throw away the keys. I have brought shame on my family