"Fluttering" Build Weeks

Prog

Worth remembering that some dealers have cars on order as stock. Our cars are arriving this week which was around a 6 week wait as the dealer had cars in the build queue so to speak. He did mention a factory order is now Feb/March if ordering now.

Yeah they had a few ready, but we wanted the 16" serpens.

Otherwise we could of had one within 3 weeks of ordering. I'm assuming it'll be at the UK docks in a few days. So pick up next week or the following week!

Cant believe some are taking that long. Its not even my car but my partners (with recommendation by me!) and I'm getting impatient, god knows what I'll be like ordering one if i had to wait until march!

Ordered ours (white 5 dr Sport) on 30th Sep. Was told probably Feb.

Another dealer, who I'd talked to over the phone, called me 1st week of Oct, and said that if I was still interested I'd be looking at March delivery now.

No conformation of build week yet.

Did toy with the idea of white Serpens but bottled it (Good Luck Leon-y-k sounds awesome). May well go for black roof and no stripes though. Also Leon-y-k yours sounds to be coming very quickly.

Certainly are fluttering.

Ordered mine on Sep 30th, dealer estimated Late Jan, mid Feb

Phoned today to see if any progress / news after a month. Now being built wk 46, w/c 11th Nov, so should be here comfortably for Christmas. (white 5dr Sport with spare wheel)

Edited by jonnymick

Hi everyone just thought you might want to know about our Skoda Citigo we ordered, it was a 75ps Greentech Elegance in Spring Green with various extras. 

We signed on the dotted line on the 21st July and were advised by the dealer that the build week was 37 so would be ready at the end of September but nearer the build week we contacted Skoda as everything had gone quiet to find out the build week was pushed back to week 39 then nearer that date we contacted Skoda again to be told it had been pushed back to week 42.

I can now confirm it has been built in week 42 but two weeks later is still sitting on the ship so could be another couple of weeks before we pick it up.

Never had to wait so long for such a small car.

So frustrating   :@

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we spoke too soon with regards to delivery... SUK have started using Eddie Stobart for some of the deliveries because demand has been high, and due to sickness with lack of Eddie staff....*grumble* this has pushed it back another 2 weeks, and we still don't know when the truck will be driven down... not happy!! 

Maybe we spoke too soon with regards to delivery... SUK have started using Eddie Stobart for some of the deliveries because demand has been high, and due to sickness with lack of Eddie staff....*grumble* this has pushed it back another 2 weeks, and we still don't know when the truck will be driven down... not happy!! 

Sounds like a load of bull to me..

Oh no!

I hope mines doesn't turn out the same. I ordered an Elegance 75 Greentech in White back in Week 33. I had an lead time quoted as 8 - 10 weeks.

The dealer never contacted me with the progress on anything unless I told him first. After I asked him on build dates he came back with the initial build date as Week 42, it got to Week 44 I contacted him again to confirm if it is built and then he told me it had been pushed back to Week 45!

Luckily, he told me the on Tuesday of Week 45 that the car had been built and left the port for delivery. A week later at Week 46 he said it is in Germany waiting to be delivered, this was last week. I asked him today and it is still in Germany. It's been sitting there for a week.

He hopes that it will leave for the UK this week, he said even once that does happen it'll be at least a week before it reaches the dealer and then a few more days before I collect. I'm done being optimistic and I assume the worst, leave for the UK - from Germany - probably late next week. 2 weeks of trucking around the country as Leon-y-k suggests then a few more days to collect. I suspect Week 50 at the earliest. :(

Thats a 17 week lead time!

Also, just like to say I've been lurking here for the last couple of months since ordering my car. You all look like a great bunch of guys & gals. Don't put me on the register just yet though Damo! At this rate I'm almost doubting I'm ever going to actually get it!

Certainly are fluttering.

Ordered mine on Sep 30th, dealer estimated Late Jan, mid Feb

Phoned today to see if any progress / news after a month. Now being built wk 46, w/c 11th Nov, so should be here comfortably for Christmas. (white 5dr Sport with spare wheel)

That was then, I called the dealer last week. Wk 46 he said, I don't recall saying that. So I'll just wait and see, to be honest with Christmas coming and having just paid out £220 for a boiler repair, the longer it takes the better.

After chasing mine up, all i could be told was its "in transit" :(

• Like 1

What a nightmare!  Such a shame Skoda are messing everyone around; if there's a delay just be honest and say there is!

I was told build week 48 - that's next week.  My dealer even said it should be here before Christmas :think:  a bit optimistic I thought so I'm not holding my breath!

There's been a bit of a drama with the bull that Eddie Stobart gave to Skoda. Basically during the storm our Citigo was damaged, and Eddie didn't want to tell Skoda that they damaged it! 

So instead of waiting for next April, they are struggling to find a brand new 5 door White Citigo Sport with the 16" white Serpens!!! if they had told us a couple of weeks ago, we'd of been able to order another one. But now it's been delayed until April if we order a new one. 

Next step is to wait for what they have to say tomorrow, or we will be getting another car... *grumble* 

There's been a bit of a drama with the bull that Eddie Stobart gave to Skoda. Basically during the storm our Citigo was damaged, and Eddie didn't want to tell Skoda that they damaged it! 

So instead of waiting for next April, they are struggling to find a brand new 5 door White Citigo Sport with the 16" white Serpens!!! if they had told us a couple of weeks ago, we'd of been able to order another one. But now it's been delayed until April if we order a new one. 

Next step is to wait for what they have to say tomorrow, or we will be getting another car... *grumble* 

I wonder if mine is part of the same "batch" - im assuming they batch cars of a similar spec together... maybe they are sat next to each other at a port somewhere.

I wonder if mine is part of the same "batch" - im assuming they batch cars of a similar spec together... maybe they are sat next to each other at a port somewhere.

Well they've found a red one thats just come into port.... 

On the order form we stated we wanted the optional white 16" Serpens. So the red one coming in to port has the standard black 15" wheels, and we was told that we could have it for the same price and same finance deal. However!!!! When ordering we stated we wanted the optional ones I'm sure we mentioned it plenty of times to make it exactly clear that it was the 16" ones, and not the FOC ones. They tried to tell us that we didn't order the 16" serpens so the annoying thing is that even if our white one did come in for pick up the wheels would of been the wrong ones anyway! 

It's on our order form, and theirs so I'm not sure how it was missed. (I said what's wrong with just ordering the white serpens as a part and fit them onto the car when we get it) But then he said yes thats possible but you'd have to pay for the wheels separately!! No thats not fair...  

So a red one will be arriving next week, and we was told the wheels are being sorted... lets hope they order white seprens and don't mix it up with the black polished ones. 

It feels like this car has taken ages to order!!! So much for a rapid delivery. 

In response to an e-mail from me, the dealer has left a message today. My white 5dr sport is at the docks in Germany, so should be approximately 10days. (Ordered 30th Sep) So that'll be about 10/11 weeks. My only option was a spare wheel, surely they can't mess that up?

We've got the car confirmed to pick up on Tuesday. The dealer has said that the 16" white serpens are not available to order separately as a part. 

I think thats a bit of a lie...? Unless someone else can confirm this? I found the part number on the CZ Skoda eShop

website. http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/wheel/light-alloy-wheel-serpens-6-0j-x-16%E2%80%9C-1st071496g-fm9x/0/1/12/43/1001

So were picking the car up, they said that the white one will still be delivered to the dealership and they said we can take the white 15's off that one, and knock off £250 off the price of the Citigo Sport. 

I don't know if their doing that to try and save money on the mistake that was made. Because I'm guessing it'll be at least £140plus Vat on each wheel, and then 4 decent tyres too! I still don't think we should settle anything but what we've ordered. We've already had to settle for another colour because the white one was "damaged" 

What do you think?