"Fluttering" Build Weeks

Prog

Hmmmmm....I wonder why :D

Lol.

I actually prefer the black sport. But I think the 500 premium is daft on a car costing 10k. Mind you, vw are charging 450 for white cars now. I think red is pretty much the only colour across their range that is free. I think some of the other colours are free too but only a couple.

Well our white 5dr sport is at the dealer. Wifey has given in slightly on the stripes; we're keeping the door bottoms and tailgate stripe, but the others have been removed. unfortunately we've backed down (for the foreseeable) on a black wrapped roof - other things to spend our money on like boys' Christmas presents!

Interestingly the dealer and considering getting 1 of their fabia reactions wrapped in a bright colour as the battleship / primer grey ain't selling!

Oh forgot to add - collection Monday

Edited by jonnymick

Just received an email today from the dealer to advise we have been allocated build week 11. This is for a car ordered on 25th of November.

That makes it almost 15 weeks! I'm glad we are in no rush for the car.

Just received an email today from the dealer to advise we have been allocated build week 11. This is for a car ordered on 25th of November.

That makes it almost 15 weeks! I'm glad we are in no rush for the car.

I got a call today, been given build week 6. Ordered mine on 29th october!

Ordered mine 30th Sep.

White 5dr Sport, bonnet, roof and mirror stripes removed, spare wheel.

Took delivery 9th Dec, (Should have been 8th but dealer noticed marks/bubbling on skoda badge and chrome around grille)

I'll take a photo when I see some daylight - by which time it'll no doubt be filthy!

Ordered my white 5dr elegance beginning of November and been allocated build week 4.

The same build week as my Elegance but I ordered it on 8th October. Deep Black Pearlescent paint clearly takes time.

YAY! My car is built!  It was originally supposed to be built week 48 but was moved to week 50.  It (apparentley) rolled off the Bratislava production line yesterday so I guess it'll be mid January before it's here.  I ordered it 23rd Sept and was quoted 16 weeks so it will hopefully be spot on...fingers crossed! 

Can't wait!!!

BTW, it's a candy white 75ps Elegance 5-door with spare wheel, entertainment pack and sunset glass.

• Like 1

What is the likelihood of asking the dealer to check with Skoda to add some reversing sensors for a car ordered almost three weeks ago. I'll ring them tomorrow and see what they say :wonder:

Hi all

Just had a call from the dealer to say my 3dr Elegance is built and left the factory

Ordered 6th October so around 10 weeks to build.....quicker than my mk2 fabia took!

Is there a shortage of car doors?

5 door models seem to take longer to make than 3 door cars.

Our elegance was ordered in early September and appears to be scheduled for a mid Feb build :(

I know that patience is a virtue but mine is being stretched. The original dealer suggestion at the time of the order was mid to late Dec. Like NOW...

Oh well - back to reading about deflectors, PIDs and MTecs ;)

Meanwhile Merry Christmas to all you lucky Citigo owners!

Bring back the old days i say when dealers had stocks of cars in the compound.None of this waiting for months for your car.

You used to go into the dealer,tell him what you wanted.He had a look on his stock sheet,and you picked up the car the same week.