Daniel's Seat Ibiza Sport PD130

Dann2707

Great thread :)

I have to say this inspired me to get the powerflex dogbone bush for my vRS. 

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I had absolutely no problems pressing the new bush in with just a vice and 2 pieces of wood. Went in with absolutely minimal effort. 

• Like 1

Glad it did scoop.

I can see how bit would have been easier, my vice is loose and the plates themselves are so shallow so it just kept pressing it in at an angle. I should have ideally taken it down to my mates down the road as he has a big bench vice that we always use to remove pita bike sprockets with.

Fitted new sidelights, they're so bright. Others were horribly yellow before.

11293843345_fb7e9fe363_b.jpg

And gave the car a few coats of polish just to protect it over winter. Debadged the rear too.

11293877995_67a3875186_b.jpg

11293908896_693c2d9f36_b.jpg

11293867535_633c237f43_b.jpg

11293859695_e2fe2759d0_b.jpg

11293848465_da53d9b71d_b.jpg

Also stuck this on, even though I haven't actually fitted the hybrid yet. Just couldn't resist and it makes me want to fit it even sooner haha

11293856565_43503a401d_b.jpg

Although my exhaust mani and dowtube gasket arrived so it's all coming closer to fitting it.

11294070283_bb0401449c_b.jpg

SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Hiya mate!

I put one coat of SRP on, then 2 coats of collinite #915. I then went around all the plastics with auto finesse revive which is pretty good!

Looks much better, good job and nice products bud.

Thanks buddy, I've had that same tub of wax for 4 years now and it's been excellent. I've had no real reason to try any others as I'm quite satisfied with its durability.

I've also done a few oxidised red paint restorations and it seemed to completely transform the finish..

I really want a handr rarb! But for £177 it's not on the priority list.

I really want a handr rarb! But for £177 it's not on the priority list.

What can I say......it should be!

Utter game changer on my car buddy, cornering poise grip, understeer delete.

On the Wax Colli's 915 is a pearler, can see why you wouldn't need to switch.

If you ever want to borrow a pot of something different, I'd be happy to spot you one to try out.  The prep is where you'll really gain some bling though, SRP is good but there are even better polish/cleansers out there that would give a great base for Marque D'Excellence or another LSP.

are you using a DA or Rotary or is it by hand, I'm really keen to get my car a machine polish, just to see how much more bling I can get out of the paint.

What can I say......it should be!

Utter game changer on my car buddy, cornering poise grip, understeer delete.

On the Wax Colli's 915 is a pearler, can see why you wouldn't need to switch.

If you ever want to borrow a pot of something different, I'd be happy to spot you one to try out.  The prep is where you'll really gain some bling though, SRP is good but there are even better polish/cleansers out there that would give a great base for Marque D'Excellence or another LSP.

are you using a DA or Rotary or is it by hand, I'm really keen to get my car a machine polish, just to see how much more bling I can get out of the paint.

The more I read the more I want haha. Might see if people are interested in another group buy! Would make it that much more bearable. 

Thanks for the offer mate, appreciate it! Once this has worn off I might give you a shout if thats cool? 

I've also got some Primo Amigo that gave me good results although i've always applied it by hand. I've got a kestral rotary I think its called but only used that for correcting. Works a treat but It's so heavy for my little weedy arms haha, if you ever wanted to borrow it it's all yours though Sparkly. Although it one of the cheapest out there, think it was around £45 so you could get much better but just throwing it out there :)

I've also got some Primo Amigo that gave me good results although i've always applied it by hand. I've got a kestral rotary I think its called but only used that for correcting. Works a treat but It's so heavy for my little weedy arms haha, if you ever wanted to borrow it it's all yours though Sparkly. Although it one of the cheapest out there, think it was around £45 so you could get much better but just throwing it out there :)

heard very good things about Primo Amigo as a Glaze.

As for the offer of the Kestrel nooooo thank you, until I get schooled on proficient use I can imagine I would just cover the car in holograms and buffer trails, that is providing I didn't manage to burn through.

Hehehehe weedy arms

rex.jpg

So when is that Hybrid getting strapped on and mapped up?

We the people demand a 200bhp+ update!!!

My Inlet manifold gasket arrived yesterday (Sunday too which was pretty odd)

So i'm pretty much all ready to go! I'm thinking of doing it this Thursday when I get back from Uni and Friday day. Hopefully i'll be able to do it in around 8 hours on my own?! 

Spent this afternoon on and off reading this thread.

Has to be one of the best build threads going on Brisky.

Totally inspired me to get stuck into my car and get my hands dirty for once.

Looking forward to updates!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Wow! Thank you so much for that comment mate, that's so good to hear :) 

Cheers  :thumbup:

Thanks Habib!

I got it done at a place called MDexhaust in keighley I think it was, or maybe Bingley.

http://www.mdexhausts.co.uk/

The guy is really decent, instead of being greedy and keeping my cat to weigh in he told me that it was an expensive one so I should take it to a place in Leeds to weigh in to get top dollar (and I did haha). Really honest bloke and well into his bikes like me so we had a right good chat.

Where abouts in Leeds are you btw?

Brilliant, thank you i'll give them a call at lunch! I had a bit of a noob moment whilst reversing and caught the exhaust tip on a high curb... completely crunched it, so makes sense to have it done!

I'm based in Roundhay- not too far from the school. how about yourself?

• Like 1

Did he get back to you? and how much did he quote you?

I will warn you though, don't go there without a dog / girlfriend / mate / banana suit to entertain yourself with. The town is so small, I found myself just sat at a bus stop twiddling my thumbs next to some old ladies haha

I'm not too familiar with Roundhay mate, i'm from Kippax myself, near Garforth :)

Update news!! 

The hybrid is officially on.

I started it at 11 and finished at around 3.30pm. 

What an absolute nightmare kind of, well actually it was okay. I love how removing stuff always takes around 5 x longer than fitting everything back on. 

Everything removed perfectly until I came to the 3 nuts on the downpipe. The exhaust manifold bolts were all 12mm sockets, but the downpipe were 13mm, or at least thats what I thought. Two of the nuts gone completely, so I had to man up and walk / run to the local auto shop in the dirtiest clothes ever to buy some irwin nut removers for £20 for a set.

I can't believe how well they work, I thought they would slip even just a little bit but they just undid the nuts absolutely perfect. Smiling so much afterwards.

Daylight was ending soon and I was starting to get a bit stressed to put everything back together what with the nut issue. Didn't realise I had to swap over a few things onto the new turbo like the oil feed pipe adapter, oil return line, then clock the turbo to the same angle as the previous one. I've felt I've learned quite a lot doing this though today.

New gaskets on and fitted everything back together. Started the car and it fired up straight away, no spluttering. I thought I must have done something wrong with rushing so much and especially as I hadn't eaten anything and was running on coffee essentially haha.

Drove to my sisters for steak night and it felt so much better even before mapping. Seemed to pull for so much longer right up to the redline? I only did this once or twice as I want to bed it in if that's even a thing on turbos?

This post might seem really fragmented and rushed, it's because it is haha. Feel so ill and knackered but just thought i'd post that it's finally on! Wooooo

Waiting for the mapping cable to come from eBay then it can be mapped :D

As I was in a rush to fit I only took one pic hahaha

11440845163_5a875c54ec_b.jpg

• Like 2

Did he get back to you? and how much did he quote you?

I will warn you though, don't go there without a dog / girlfriend / mate / banana suit to entertain yourself with. The town is so small, I found myself just sat at a bus stop twiddling my thumbs next to some old ladies haha

Hi Mate, I've not called yet as my car is in for repair this weekend, so i'll leave it till the new year! Hybrid goodness.... very nice! did you manage to map it?