Bye Bye Vrs

The Fiesta ST is now the best handling reasonably priced hottish hatch,better that the Renaultsport Clio.

...but it dosn't have four doors or an auto box,so,as ever,it depends on your particular priorities,whatever Clarkson,Needell and Co. may say as they thrash and abuse the cars around a circuit.

Personally I'd look closely at a year old Focus ST at £18k or less,although it's never totally fair to compare used to new.

XK - used the have the focus ST 2.5 T, 2 cars ago and I do like them, although still cant quite get to like the new shape although I know its a good car.  I unfortunately like my cars with a sunroof/panoramic roof and very few, if none, with sunroofs second hand.

Good idea though...

i tried the fiesta st with passengers, easy enough to get in with plenty of room in the back for them but it was a howl watching them try to get back out, shouldve youtubed it

thats whats putting me off one although with the option of the tune for 600 notes its looking appealing again

Ever tried a Toyota 86? A work colleague has one, and you would not even think of putting a passenger in the back - unless they were a midget Oscar Pistorius. :rofl:

If I get an 86 I won't be putting passengers in the back. The seats do fold perfectly flat even in my driving position which is good. 

• Like 1

I floored my car up the on ramp on the A14 from the dealer with 10 miles on the clock and then the whole way home I was hooting about. Never 'ran' it in a such. I've used 1.5 litres of oil in 10,038 miles and have got the odd rattle here and there but like everyone is saying, its a cheap car for what it is and I would happily have a estate next time. I might look at a Octavia VRS though! I hated having only 2 doors! 

• Like 2

Abovethresh

Wish my 62 plate had only used 1.5 litres of oil in the 3000 miles I have had it never mind 10K, went from top to bottom of dip stick in 350 miles on a new engine, back to DM Keith again in 2 days so they can test the new engine for consumption. Think I will be getting rid

• 1 month later...

Seems about right length of time to own one, mine lasted 7months and 10k miles. Had too many issues to keep it, now on my second octavia vrs since the fabia and never looked back just cant compare the two.

Two mates have polo gti's which are also riddled with issues.

Rob

and then I have had 2 fabia 2 vRS's and done ove 63k in them (combined) and never had one single issue. My current one, I may well keep for the foreseeable future!

Its pot luck isn't it, mine and the 2 polo all had new engines yet someone else with a ibiza cupra i know has full exhaust and a map and not one issue. Mine didnt just have engine issues also ECU, wiring loom, brake light sensor and fuel pump :(

• Like 2

It is a Lottery.  Exciting or what!, At least Twincharger Owners are now forewarned if doing any research online before buying.

It is the same Lottery for Octavia III buyers or those with a Citigo etc

& VW & Audi and soon Skoda buyers of ACT/COD engines are maybe  big thrill seekers.

until they have done some miles under their wheels, you just assume all will be well into the future.

'Que sera sera'

As Doris Day used to sing.

george

• Like 3

Its pot luck isn't it, mine and the 2 polo all had new engines yet someone else with a ibiza cupra i know has full exhaust and a map and not one issue. Mine didnt just have engine issues also ECU, wiring loom, brake light sensor and fuel pump :(

It is a Lottery.  Exciting or what!, At least Twincharger Owners are now forewarned if doing any research online before buying.

It is the same Lottery for Octavia III buyers or those with a Citigo etc

& VW & Audi and soon Skoda buyers of ACT/COD engines are maybe  big thrill seekers.

until they have done some miles under their wheels, you just assume all will be well into the future.

'Que sera sera'

As Doris Day used to sing.

george

you are both absolutley right..... after all the hundreds of thready I've read in my 3.5 years of twincharger ownership, I can only conclude it IS a lottery... especially as my cave enige used NO oil at all, and this massively revised CTHE in my new one uses a litre every 6,000 miles (which I am perfectly happy with! lol) .. I always remember what the salesman said when I went back for a new numberplate after a few weeks (Original one was letting water in the corner) "How many miles you done?" me: "about 2,000..." him: has it used any oil?" me: "no....." him : "you have a good one then, enjoy it!" lol...... bit telling that .... they took my old one in that they had known for 50k with no issues as part-ex, and sold it within a month , able to say "its a good one this one... we know" lol...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following last consumption test in my Fabia( apparently did not burn any oil at all) had oil warning light on again after 1000miles . Threw another half litre in to get me home on Xmas Eve and back again to Skoda. Was using DM Keith Wakefield but been referred to Leeds . They are now saying it needs another part changing, I have already had a new short engine. Putting letter together to reject the car as have been going back to Skoda nearly every month about the oil since I got it in May. Fun to have but far too much trouble.

• Like 1

Don't forget Fiesta came 73 in JD Power survey and Skoda Fabia came 31; so don't expect any improvement in reliability, customer service, build quality, practicality or economy.

Handling will be OK though.

Tony :happy:  

• 3 months later...

Not been on for a few months as still been going through oil issues. Just had third engine fitted and now rejected the car as had enough. Had a CAVE engine to start, replaced with another CAVE engine apparently and finally just been fitted with new style engine.

Finally given up on my little VRS and sending it back on Saturday.

Will then pick up a 63 plate replacement that has less than 3k on clock in white this time. Hoping for a better start to life with this VRS than the last.

• Like 2

Not been on for a few months as still been going through oil issues. Just had third engine fitted and now rejected the car as had enough. Had a CAVE engine to start, replaced with another CAVE engine apparently and finally just been fitted with new style engine.

Finally given up on my little VRS and sending it back on Saturday.

Will then pick up a 63 plate replacement that has less than 3k on clock in white this time. Hoping for a better start to life with this VRS than the last.

So the third engine was a CTHE which was fitted, but this still had problems? I'm impressed with your dedication to the vRS cause to consider taking another one after all the grief you have had!

No, the third engine has literally just been fitted last week, still rejecting car anyway so no idea if this engine would have fixed the issue. Hopefully it will have done for whoever gets it next. They will probably get the perfect car after all the time I've spent getting it right

• Like 2

Just the fact that the Company aspiring to be the Biggest in the World,

Volkswagen Audi Group fail with one engine then the replacement fails shows they are not to be trusted in their engines.

It is pathetic that they accept awards for 4 Years for Engine of the year, and so many fail.

VAG should be ashamed, and come clean on the cause of failures.

Their Quality Control of Parts or Manufacturing, or assembly, and then their Technical Department 

& following up failures.

Spending out to Dealers several thousand of pounds time after time ofor dozens of cars when only 1,800 of them are on the UK roads is a scandal , and that is time after time now for 4 years.

Giving some customers the run around for months, wasting their time and money when they know the failure rate of the engines 

is actually just unforgivable.

Soon hopefully the full story will get the publicity required to shame Skoda, Seat, VW & audi.

Their Management and Board.

• Like 3

I haven't read through all of the posts on this topic but I just wanted to add that I also, after 3 fun filled and enjoyable years of Skoda ownership, will be parting with my Vrs :(  I'm actually a little upset but come June, I will be the proud owner of a Fiesta ST3 with Mountune upgrade :) I am a little bit excited but at the same time, somewhat upset that i'll be bidding fairwell to my Fabia.

I've been quietly scanning these forums in the background for the majority of the last 3 years, thank y'all for your info and knowledge, you've all been a great help and most of all, great entertainment at times! It's the end of an era!  :'(

Edited by frobb
  • Like 1

I haven't read through all of the posts on this topic but I just wanted to add that I also, after 3 fun filled and enjoyable years of Skoda ownership, will be parting with my Vrs :( I'm actually a little upset but come June, I will be the proud owner of a Fiesta ST3 with Mountune upgrade :) I am a little bit excited but at the same time, somewhat upset that i'll be bidding fairwell to my Fabia.

I've been quietly scanning these forums in the background for the majority of the last 3 years, thank y'all for your info and knowledge, you've all been a great help and most of all, great entertainment at times! It's the end of an era! :'(

Niiiice, I'm sure you'll love the Fez ST!

• Like 1

I can't help but be amazed at the popularity of the fiesta. I've driven a couple, in fact we have one in work that I drive regularly, and yes, ride and handling are significantly better than the fabia, and it is a handsome car, but the steering feels very artificial (very little feel), gearshift is rubbery and the brakes are way over-assisted.

For what is praised as a really good driver's car by the ("allegedly" honest) press, I am very underwhelmed by it. Please note I haven't driven the ST though, just comparing a normal fiesta to a normal fabia.

Am I alone in thinking that? Or is it just the good looks and hefty discounts from ford that sell sooo many fiestas?

• 1 month later...

replacement car 63 plate with CTHE engine and 3000 miles. 1100 miles later no oil on dipstick and warning light on dash. Looking to reject this one now. Complaint logged SKODA UK and dealership