Dealer screw up

Sorry for this, I'm just not sure what to do here,

my vRS Tsi manual estate is at the dealers and I'm going to pick it up on Friday. As you can imagine I'm extremely excited and can't wait. So I asked my dealer to send me some photos of the car which he very kindly did. The car looks great, it's Candy White (seems to be the way) with Amundsen, colour maxi-dot, cruise, black pack, Bluetooth plus, simply clever, matsumi, heated seats, heated screen and nozzles. (After calling to say that it wasn't available with these options, He called to say that it was showing as being built with the two options. We shall see when I pick it up).

I ordered the RED stitching for the seats to go with the white and from the pictures he's sent it it's turned up with the grey stitching.

Not a deal breaker I know, but it's still not what I wanted. What do people think I can do?

Despite the wait, if it isn't what you want you may regret it in the long run. Did that with my last car when Audi screwed it up and have never been entirely happy with it as a result. Thank god it goes back soon :)

Edited by jeffvader

I am a bit wary of rejecting the car because I know I won't be able to get the heated screen again and I'm pretty chuffed that it's managed to get through the system.

It's a good idea about the seats off a demo car, however the stealer is a fair way from me (as they gave me a good discount) so don't really want to be traipsing back and forth. Is it likely that they would do that anyway? Or am I going to care better pushing for some kind of goodwill, eg extended warranty?

Not sure if I'm on the right lines or not.

Does is specify red stitching on your order form?

If not then I don't think there is much you can do.

If it does, then you could ask for some form of recompense, though as stitching colour is no cost option I'm not sure you'd get much.

Could be worth asking for a free dealer fit option, like roofbars or similar.

Edited by soapywetdish

That's kind of along the lines that I'm thinking.

It does specify red stitching on the form but I think I might explode if I have to wait for another one and I don't think I could bring myself to reject a car over the stitching. It will annoy me though so what do you think I should push for. (Apart from his first born)

Arthur Daley Skoda Dealers might be tempted to go round the seats with a fine watercolour artists' paint brush, a steady hand and some red dye.

(Easier than doing it the other way round - red to grey.)

Edited by Stuarted
  • Like 1

Red stitching faded on my mk2 with black alcantara, hence I went for grey stitching with white car this time around - hope this makes your disappointment a little more bearable. :)

Of course bare in mind you may not be able to get the heated screen again.

Is the heated windscreen no longer available as an option? Just added one to an SE estate this morning

Is the heated windscreen no longer available as an option? Just added one to an SE estate this morning

It's not available for the VRS TSI :)

I would accept the car for such a minor issue, I don't know if I'd even ask for anything if mine comes with the wrong colour stitching.

At the end of the day it's your car so you have to decide if it's something you're happy to live with.

Just show the dealer the order form & point out the stitching & see what reaction you get. Depending on what they say might give you an idea what you should do next.

Personally I am sure I would soon get over it but if they make a gesture of goodwill all the better.

Only you can decide, but going down the rejection route or even seat changing does seem a bit OTT to me.

• Like 1

Would agree with many of the posts above and keep the car. If it was a functional option like cruise or heated seats that may be another matter and why I rejected a Yeti which arrived not to spec 4 years ago (SUK error not dealer).

Hopefully in this case it's just the seating they have got wrong and maybe you can live with that and hopefully get something in compensation from the dealer.

TP

• Like 1

Have you actually confirmed with the dealer that it does indeed have the grey stitching?

Could it be that the photos aern't very good and it is red after all?

As others have said, I wouldn't reject it for that, I would however expect some form of recompense- a discount on extended warranty or free rubber mats or boot liner or something along those lines.

Thanks everyone. I think that you're right. At the end of the day it is just some stitching (which still looks good! Just not quite as good).

I'll show them the order form and try and maybe push for some winter tyres? Worth a shot.

I personally prefer the grey to the red. Also be aware that you're v lucky to have gotten heated screen on a TSi; looks as though SUK honoured early orders; cant spec it now.

If you reject the car you'll not get heated screen again.

Id be more annoyed if a piece of tech spec was missing like nav for example.

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 1