VRS hatch, mudflaps

For anybody who is wishing to fit mudflaps to their new VRS hatch, I fitted a full se of genuine Skoda ones today with no issues.

They don't need modified in anyway and fit straight on as per instructions..................contrary to what some dealers say!

Oh and it's easy enough DIY, wouldn't pay dealer charges, no removal of wheels required with the right tools. 15 minutes and they are on.

Here's some pics, not the best (taken on phone) but gives an idea of what they look like............don't worry about the splashes of dirt etc on the sills and rear bumper, that was before the flaps were fitted, I'll get her washed tomorrow!

post-53602-0-77443700-1383234734_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-17161800-1383234769_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-71002500-1383234803_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-41704300-1383234824_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-03415900-1383234859_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-53245900-1383234879_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-73206100-1383234902_thumb.jpg

post-53602-0-61575900-1383234922_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll be fine on the blue.

I know a lot of dealers were saying they couldn't be fitted, so I just thought I would let people know that they can..........what else was in your "new car" package?

I flaps fitted on my vRS estate from new. It was part of the dealers "new car" package.

Would be keen to see the photos of the estate with the flaps fitted...I presume they're the standard O3 accessory that fit the vRS?

I thought rears were standard and fronts were optional. I have just bought a set of fronts for less than half that price - need to get them fitted this weekend.

How did you find drilling the extra hole thats needed without removing the wheels?

Part number for the fronts is 5E0 075 111

I thought rears were standard and fronts were optional. I have just bought a set of fronts for less than half that price - need to get them fitted this weekend.

How did you find drilling the extra hole thats needed without removing the wheels?

Part number for the fronts is 5E0 075 111

The holes I suspect are pre drilled/prepared (they were on my Fabia) and I had the dealer fit the fronts before collecting the VRS the other week expecting them to compliment the rears. I did note though when I picked up my car that there were no rears fitted. Bit off I thought as I think the car currently looks a little odd having fronts but no rears.

Anyway cutting a long story short, it transpires the standard fit of rear mudflaps for the VRS was (get this) a misprint in the original brochure which has been rectified in the latest edition. Why am I not surprised :(

Fitting instructions for the fronts shows a 7mm hole having to be drilled through the liner on the bottom inside edge, but looks like it can be done with the wheel on full lock.

The two locating holes on the vertical outer edge use existing fittings.

Haven't had a look under the wheel arch yet to see!

The holes I suspect are pre drilled/prepared (they were on my Fabia) and I had the dealer fit the fronts before collecting the VRS the other week expecting them to compliment the rears. I did note though when I picked up my car that there were no rears fitted. Bit off I thought as I think the car currently looks a little odd having fronts but no rears.

Anyway cutting a long story short, it transpires the standard fit of rear mudflaps for the VRS was (get this) a misprint in the original brochure which has been rectified in the latest edition. Why am I not surprised :(

Which brochure were you looking at?

Page 34 of the August 2013 Octavia brochure, the following is stated;

Front mud flaps - Mudflaps aren’t just about cleanliness. They prevent stones, grit and road spray from ruining your precious bodywork. This custom design is moulded to fit snugly into the contours of the wheel arches, helping to ensure your paintwork stays tip-top. Works well in conjunction with the standard fit rear mudflaps. £45

Nowhere is there any mention that the rears are not standard on the VRS.

When the brochure states Standard Equipment (over S) for the SE that would mean all the S plus the extras for the SE. I would have thought the vRS over SE would then mean all the stuff on the SE then a little more for the vRS.

So, should the rear mudflaps be standard on all cars from the S up? confused!

Found it!

In the August edition nothing mentioned but on page 24 of the October edition it states rear mudflaps not available on the vRS.

Why keep changing ?

Edited by RandomSkodaperson

Here's some pics, not the best (taken on phone) but gives an idea of what they look like ...

Pictures are good - thank you.  Car looks great in red - I can see why you would want to protect it!.  And mudflaps look fine; best compliment is to say that you don't really notice them.

Edited by Stuarted

To be fair the vRS has never come with mudflaps, I've had 3! Its because it has "vRS bumpers" as per the spec sheet which according to Skoda means the normal ones won't fit. Which as we can see from the above photos is b*****ks! Normal ones fit the Mk2 with slight persuasion and now it seems the Mk3 ones fit the vRS as well. I guess it comes down to how hard your prepared to haggle or how easy a life the sales man wants for £40! Found this garage in Ireland that will do them for that price delivered.

http://www.skodapartsireland.ie/product/Octavia_Rear_Mudflaps_2013_5E0075101

Fitted to mine as part of the new car package with my dealer.

Got mudflaps, rubber boot mat, rubber floor mats all included on my car. also got the carpet maps included for the summer time.

10495800324_aba000ecf8_z.jpg

10495813345_df9355c274_z.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers Ricey. Look well on the red, not sure how well they would look on my blue one. 

My dealer was told by parts that they could not be fitted so I could not get them fitted as part of the deal. A visit to the dealer this week I feel. Nice pictures, I have a white estate.

• 4 months later...