Who's orderd what and when are you "supposed" to get it?

vRS TDi Estate (Non-DSG)

Candy White

Black Pack, Spare, Ahmundsen, Canton, Tints, Cruise

Ordered - Early Sept

Build Week - 46

According to Skoda UK, delivery will be 5-6wks after this!

Consdering the dealer promised this car for Early November (I need it for work), I'm slightly fuming.  :wall:

I guess the dealers are in impossible situation. I think I've fallen foul of "quotas" too - great price via car wow and great responses (initially) from the dealer...what are they going to do, not sell cars? 

I ordered start of oct with Alex lawrie up north as the price was too good. I'm realising why now. It's a black hole and tbh it's probably a 50:50 split in fault between SUK / dealers and the factories / VAG. Quotas are not a fair way to go about this, unless dealers had to put "SOLD OUT" on cars on forecourts! 

Every day it's a grudge match between my excitement and sheer disbelief that no single part of the chain talks "effectively" to another. 

TDI race blue vrs estate

Kessy

Canton

Winter Pack

Normal Cruise

Sparewheel / boot floor

Black pack & Maybe PA - no idea as dealers not confirmed it, but GF thinks she want's to drive it even if it doesnt have it now. 

Ordered 2nd October, SUK acknowledged it on the system on 4th October. Month in, no idea if it's been accepted yet. Only provisional date of week 2 given back in Oct.

Yes I think thats the issue, the dealers probably don't have much more of a clue than anyone else, my dealer keeps telling me that I have more of an idea than what they have!  Purely because of forums such as this where news is quite up to date, unlike what the dealers seem to be told!

The dealers all seem to be quoting 12 weeks as 'sales patter' but in truth, they don't know, some people on here getting them quicker than that, others are longer or in some cases MUCH longer than that being quoted.

I ordered on 20th September, order accepted at Skoda a couple of weeks later, provisional build week 49, now its gone, so who knows!  However, my dealer did say that its very common for provisional builds to be given dates after Xmas at this time of year, then all of a sudden they come forward by several weeks, apparently its all to do with factory production and Xmas issues, he says it happens to them all the time, I initially said to him that I had read on here that people had ordered similar time to me were being given build weeks into next year he said, don't worry about it, they will all of a sudden come flying forward!!

Anyway, he is confident that I will have mine by the end of the year at the latest, although being in November now I would expect a confirmed build week soon for that to happen, if it ends up being next year or early January at least for me then its no big problem, **** happens I suppose, no matter how infuriating it is there aint much we can do about it!!

Anyway I have ordered.

vRS Estate

Diesel DSG

Candy White, Red Stitching, Anthracite Gemini Alloys

Standard Cruise

Variable Boot Floor

Black Pack

Sunset Glass

Heated Seats

Amundesen

Canton Speakers

So whilst I might have to wait, I am hoping my spec will more than make up for it as I think it is a nice spec, only thing I wish I had ordered really was the full winter pack, but you have to stop somewhere don't you, besides I live down on the South West and for possibly 6 frosty mornings a year is it really worth it!!!

I ordered mine on the 12th August - Vrs TSI Hatch, Race Blue with sunset glass and Mitsumi. Was originally told that I'd probably get it first week of Jan which was a pain but I knew the Hatch wasn't entering production until November so I thought I'd swallow that. Since then the order has been bouncing around the system with the latest update being today - provisional build week of 4. At this rate I'll be asking for the car to be held back until the 1st of March to put it on a 14 plate.

To be honest it's tricky keeping up with all the excuses so who knows. Last time we waited 5 months and that was when the FL had already been out for a year so I'm not holding my breath for this brand new one!

To be honest it's tricky keeping up with all the excuses so who knows. Last time we waited 5 months and that was when the FL had already been out for a year so I'm not holding my breath for this brand new one!

Emailed the dealer today... he told me no one has a build date until production starts..

Bit late to the thread with this one. Ordered 27th July. VRS TDI hatchback in race blue, red stitching with:

ACC

Canton

Columbus

Heated front seats / washer nozzles / windscreen

Sunset glass

Space saver wheel.

Picked it up last Saturday. And yes I'm one of the lucky ones who made it before the cut. Waiting on some dealer accessories but apparently Skoda went onto a new parts system recently causing delays.

(Sound familiar?)

So after I complained to the CEO of SUK I was promised a update Email from his number2 every two weeks, tomorrow will be the first one, I wonder what new stories they have this week?

It will be one of the senior customer services managers who contacts you, that's what happened to me when I contacted him about the Greenline I had.

Ordered VRS Tdi Estate 11th September and it's at Emden waiting for ferry. Have been told 3 weeks to get to dealer. Not many extras, Canton, Sunset Glass, CC, Pictoris wheels, Brilliant Silver, Amundsen and colour maxi dot.

Has arrived in the UK this week, have just chosen reg. no. after asking dealer if there was a choice. He emailed back with about 20 options which was nice. No delivery date yet but hoping for next week. So far ahead of schedule (16 December)

Just Ordered my Vrs 2.0tsi dsg, Race blue, Columbus, Canton, sunset glass, leather vrs seats with red stitching, heated seats, heated washer nozzles, kessy, cruise control and black pack.

My dealer has said 14ish weeks so i should be looking at 1st of march.

But after reading some of the story's on here I will be more like may.

At a guess it's more along this line of stock management. If you order too many parts you end up with a load of extra capacity that is just wasting money.

Ordered 23rd august. Hoping to pickup in a weeks time (dealer reckoned 10 days, 6 days ago) however I'll know better tomorrow after phoning Skoda uk.

Race blue vrs manual tdi estate

Admunsen sat nav

Winter pack (inc heated screen)

Spare wheel

Sunset glass

Mitsumi

Can't wait.

Posted in the BW43 thread but picking up tomorrow.  I make that just under 12 weeks which isn't too bad, feels like an eternity though.

Ordered HB Elegance 1.8 TSI 132kW 7 gear DSG standard equipment + this:

Heated windscreen

Kessy

Electric driver seat

Automatic dim on mirrors

Electric memory mirrors with folding

Led in front (standard has only xenon with AFS)

Led on back

Parking on front and back

Amundsen

Pearl black

Drive mode select

New driving wheel with flappy paddle

Bluetooth

Canton

Ordered on 4. September. Reached dealer on 6. November. Handed over on 12. November - could have had few days earlier, but still...

Love it! Not going to post pictures since I am not on my 17" Denoms - winter tires are 16" non alloys (winters are bad enough here - might consider 16" non Skoda alloy, but will see...).

Just need to get something like 80-90% tint on the back - standard 5% is mehh.

Has arrived in the UK this week, have just chosen reg. no. after asking dealer if there was a choice. He emailed back with about 20 options which was nice. No delivery date yet but hoping for next week. So far ahead of schedule (16 December)

Did you get to choose anything which said something?

Curious as torn between choosing from dealer and buying a personal plate.  Unfortunately, by the time I get a choice, it'll be too late to buy a personalised plate!

Sorry, if I contribute I should really add what I've ordered.... 

Skoda Octavia vRS TDI in Rallye Green with red stitching and geminis (anthracite).

Options List:

Black Pack

Canton

Winter Pack

Cruise Control

Sunset Glass

Colour Maxidot

There's no suppose about it - I will get it!!  Car is due in March.  The dealer, Crawley Down Group, has been very helpful.  Pleased with the deal offered and the immediate post-sale communication.  I can't say I'm over the moon about waiting until March, but expectations have been set so there will be no growling from me. 

My first diesel, my first "family" car and first car with a longish list of options.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.

Sorry, if I contribute I should really add what I've ordered.... 

Skoda Octavia vRS TDI in Rallye Green with red stitching and geminis (anthracite).

Options List:

Black Pack

Canton

Winter Pack

Cruise Control

Sunset Glass

Colour Maxidot

There's no suppose about it - I will get it!!  Car is due in March.  The dealer, Crawley Down Group, has been very helpful.  Pleased with the deal offered and the immediate post-sale communication.  I can't say I'm over the moon about waiting until March, but expectations have been set so there will be no growling from me. 

My first diesel, my first "family" car and first car with a longish list of options.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I have ordered with Crawley down too. When did you order your car? I think Richard mentioned a green car ordered with red stitching to me.

I ordered from Richard on Sunday.  I thought he gave me a funny look when I asked for red stitching with a green car....!!  I would have gone with it silver were it not for the pics of the green one with red stitching on here.

I ordered a previous car (Renault Twingo) from Richard about 6-7 years ago.  I was champing at the bit for a car after having my licence returned to me following a minor indiscretion, but he was very fair and honest about build dates, delivery times etc. 

Another Skoda salesman I spoke to was very disinterested in my business - probably thought I was a time-waster, but it doesn't help I look about 17....

Did you get to choose anything which said something?

Curious as torn between choosing from dealer and buying a personal plate.  Unfortunately, by the time I get a choice, it'll be too late to buy a personalised plate!

No registrations that really made anything to anyone, although I did get a plate that spells my daughters name backwards. I looked at personalised plates but couldn't really justify £400+

Edited by Skodasim

Order Placed 12th October no build date as yet. 

Octavia VRS Estate 2.0 TDI manual Colour White

VRS upholstery with red seams
Rear Side Airbags
Heated Windscreen
Sunset Glass from B-Pillar
Temporary Space Saver Spare Wheel
Black Design Package
Heated Front Seats
Canton Sound System
Crew Protection Assistance
Cruise Control System
Colour Maxi Dot Computer
Heated Washer Nozzles

Double sided Mat

Intelligent Parking Assistant

I ordered from Richard on Sunday.  I thought he gave me a funny look when I asked for red stitching with a green car....!!  I would have gone with it silver were it not for the pics of the green one with red stitching on here.

I ordered a previous car (Renault Twingo) from Richard about 6-7 years ago.  I was champing at the bit for a car after having my licence returned to me following a minor indiscretion, but he was very fair and honest about build dates, delivery times etc. 

Another Skoda salesman I spoke to was very disinterested in my business - probably thought I was a time-waster, but it doesn't help I look about 17....

I ordered from him on Monday, sounds like he's had a few sales, I popped into the Tunbridge wells dealer and he didn't seem too interested it selling to me as I have a colourful licence history. His loss.

I'm dropping my current Octavia in tomorrow so will mention you.

I ordered from him on Monday, sounds like he's had a few sales, I popped into the Tunbridge wells dealer and he didn't seem too interested it selling to me as I have a colourful licence history. His loss.

I'm dropping my current Octavia in tomorrow so will mention you.

Thats a shame, ive always found Russell at Caffyns tunbridge wells to be more than helpful and i couldnt rate the whole outfit highly enough!